“Returning guests!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of THEhotel at Mandalay Bay

Save Saved
You added THEhotel at Mandalay Bay to your Saves list
THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3950 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #35 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Montebello, California
“Returning guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has great choices in restaurants. Our favorite is the buffet and bakery. Very good bloody Mary's at the bakery. The buffet offered both hot and hold crab legs. The server was exceent and went above and beyond. The kinds cream server was not working when we dined and she went out of her way to find us ice cream! Awesome! The rooms are big roomy and clean. Will Akways return to the hotel!

• Stayed July 2012

4,142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We traveled to Vegas in march. A family of 5. 3 kids 16 ,13,9. I will start by saying nor myself or wife a anything more than casual gamblers. I traveled to Vegas on business and was impressed enough with Mandalay to bring the family back. The rooms in the Hotel section are all spacious suites. With 5 we booked 2 I'm actually unaware if that was required or not occupancy wise. It huge tons of restaurants connected to a mall more restaurants / bars etc. So plenty for dining nuts to do without hitting the strip. The real attraction is the pool gigantic wave pool not on the scale of typhoon lagoon but large by an scale. The palm trees blowing bars waves you will get lost and forget you are in a desert. The hotel and some reviews list the kid friendly factor as questionable I too was reluctant. If you have kids you will see no issue around the pool are in fact plenty of then jumping the waves and playing. I didn't mention a sand beach to sit. My kids still want to go back between the strip and the pool they really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: There are great breakfast ,lunch and dinner deals in the adjacent mall so explore
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We thank you for sharing your outstanding experience with the social world! You are right about our resort having an abundance of diverse dining options for all of our resortists to enjoy. As you mentioned, Mandalay Beach is our most favored amenity we offer and we definitely do encourage our guests to spend a day or two at our pool during their stay. We are delighted to know you and your family had a wonderful time exploring our resort. Thank you for your continued patronage and we hope to host you and your family again very soon!

Kind regards,
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guestx@mandalaybay.com
el cajon, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were booked at The Mandalay Bay hotel and asked if we wanted to "up grade" to a suite at THE Hotel for $20.00 more. It worked for us because we were a lot closer to friends staying at the Luxor. That being said, the hike from check in at Mandalay to THE hotel is considerable. Our suite on the 33rd floor had a nice view of the strip, but was very dark and even with all the lights on and drapes open, remained cold and dark. Although nicely appointed, the room was in need of an up date, especially the bed that definitely had two distinct indentations. There was a nice assortment of candies, nuts, water and coffee arranged on the bar for a price, and a keurig coffee pot that was broken. All the wait staff was friendly and helpful, but the area around THE Hotel felt deserted and un-used.
All in all, I probably would not book THE Hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Luxor hotel,, but was is a corner which did not allow much light.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We thank you for your constructive remarks. We are glad you had an opportunity to stay at our all-suite tower. We appreciate your comments regarding our in-room interior. We will begin to remodel our THEhotel tower early 2013. Your feedback on this topic is very helpful as it provides us ideas on how to improve our rooms just in time for the remodel. Although we fell short of your expectations, we hope to restore your faith in our hotel and encourage you to return to see our newly modernized accommodations at THEhotel.

Kind regards,
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guestx@mandalaybay.com
Cholargos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Hotel is a suite hotel with 5star amenities and a feeling of a home in a hotel. Reception is not crowd, quite place in a crowd city. The suite and its magnificient view to the mile, was the reason that every night my daughter was saying loudly "This is Vegas".

Room Tip: Mile view, higher floors
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I go to Las Vegas 1-2 times a year to have the annual "solo mini-vacation / ultimate pampering trip". My best friend lives near Las Vegas, so not completely "solo", but my goal is to relax, pamper myself, and get rid of all the stress from work etc.

When you think of Mandalay Bay vs THEhotel, isn't it similar to Honda vs Acura, Toyota vs Lexus and so on. Basically, we expect "upgraded and more luxurious experience".
While I have not yet stayed at Mandalay Bay, I automatically thought THEhotel could give me the feeling of "treated like a prince" kinda way. So with lots and LOTS of research, I decided to stay there for 4-5 nights.

Well, to start it off, the lobby of THEhotel has completely different atmosphere than Mandalay Bay's. A bit dimmed, definitely quiet, and somewhat gives you the feeling of "luxury" without golds or silvers. Makes you feel very mature.

I requested for a room with strip view, and asked for as high floor as possible.
The gentleman at the front desk was very accommodating, and gives me the upper floor with great view.

The standard room was simply HUGE and the best part was it had 1 1/2 bath (I designated the 1/2 bath for my best friend whenever he needed to use).

The separate living room had more than adequate space to relax and enjoy the nice view.
Having 3 TV's (living room, bedroom, and bathroom all had one each) was also great although like the other reviewers mentioned, seeing the gigantic box TV in bedroom was a bit of shocker (*You would expect to see LCD or LED TV's in THEhotel...but oh well).

The decor wasn't completely my taste (*I LOVED the modern / contemporary decor of Vdara last year or the one at Rumor Hotel a year before), but again it makes you feel a bit more "mature" than comtemporary room.

My best favorite: Soaking tub. Yes, I wish it was a jet-bath, but I really enjoyed the size of the tub.
I'm 5'10 so soaking all the way to my shoulder without bending my knees rarely happens - except the one at THEhotel!

Mandalay Bay's shopping area has a store which has tons and tons of bath products. I bought some bubble-bath items there and enjoyed the soaking tub every single night. It was oh so "pampering"....Yes. Mission accomplished.

So why not 5-star, but I gave 4-star??

First of all, the room had an amazing strip view....BUT apparently it is also facing the direction where night club is located.

With airvent closed, and at that high floor with Las Vegas thick windows, you would think there's no way to hear any music from way down there. Wrong. Why? I DON'T KNOW!! But I could hear so clearly that could even tell the lyrics of the music they were playing. So if you stay there over the weekend, there is a great chance you will hear the music and "boomboom" sound coming from somewhere down there. (*If you're one of those hardcore gambler who rarely sleeps, or go out to clubs every single night, then it shouldn't be a problem. But if you want to pamper yourself at night like I wanted to, then re-consider non-strip view rooms....)

Like other reviewer mentioned, it's quite a walk from THEhotel to the pool at Mandalay Bay. I wish there was a pool at THEhotel (*don't need to be big or real-beach style like the one at Mandalay Bay, but just big enough for THEhotel's guest).
===
So overall, it is an easy 4-star for me, but unfortunately cannot give the full 5-star.

With the room rate being super duper affordable, it IS possible for me to consider staying there again - but with the night time noise, a bit outdated items in the room and limited amenity of the building, it may not be my very first choice to stay there....

Room Tip: For a view: Higher floor with strip-view option. For a good night sleep especially during weekend...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay. When we arrived, I asked for a high view of the strip room and was told that there was a note on my reservation not to move the room, perhaps because of a rate we paid. Not sure, but a little off put by that, but figured we aren't in our room much anyway so I did not argue the point. I would have felt more welcomed if they woudl have accomodated that request which we make at almost any hotel we stay at. I also think I just went to their website for the reservations, so I'm not sure that I had a 'special' rate that should have disqualified me from having a room with a view. So we had a lovely view of a parking lot.
No bother, the room itself was lovely. Nice suite and huge bathroom with tub and shower. Two bathrooms. Stayed in TheHotel because we were going to shows two nights at Mandalay Bay, and that was conventient, however the quiet was a plus and a minus. A plus because we never had to wait in a line for registration, but a minus because it was so quiet most of the time that we felt a little isolated. The color scheme of the hotel is a bit dark. Very few stores close by the hotel lobby (only the little gift shop) and 2 restaurants.
In the shower, it did appear that the basin was quite wore out. Not something I'm used to in Vegas hotels which are typically in very good condition. Its possible I'd stay again. But I may be tempted to try Mandalay Bay instead.
The pillows were soft enough that I decided to purchase one when I got home and the staff was friendly and helpful directing me on where to get the pillow like I had in my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed at several different hotels in Vegas...from Wynn to MGM, but THEhotel has to get very high marks for one really important reason....honest employees.
I stayed at the hotel for two nights and was really pleased with the rooms, the food and overall service and atmosphere, but what impressed me the most was the fact that when I realized I had left my BOSE headphones and passport in the safe, they actually got both back to me.
I had received some bad news the morning of checkout, so I wasn't thinking clearly and left for the airport. When I got out of the taxi, I realized what I had done, so I called immediately. I had been out of the room about 45 minutes, so I was not sure what to expect. Not only did housekeeping have the items, but I was able to go back to the hotel, quickly pick up and get back to the airport to catch my flight.
I travel for business almost every week and have occassionaly forgotten an item or two. About 90% of the time, I never saw those items again, so imagine my relief. Kudos to the housekeeping staff at THEhotel!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to THEhotel at Mandalay Bay? Share your experiences!