“Beautiful Facility and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of THEhotel at Mandalay Bay

Save Saved
You added THEhotel at Mandalay Bay to your Saves list
THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3950 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #30 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Batesburg, SC
“Beautiful Facility and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Stayed during the week for celebratory trip. Very accommodating, facility well kept, peaceful, rooms quiet and roomy. Beds were blissfully comfortable. All request met quickly for extra pillows, etc. Other guests requested a refrigerator and it was supplied. Used spa and it was very nice - service and facility. THEcafe had excellent breakfast and great service. Would gladly go again and recommend highly.

Room Tip: Ask for courtesy upgrade for event
  • Stayed May 2011

4,104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I've always wondered what it was like to stay at THEhotel. I've stayed at the Mandalay Bay and that was pretty nice but the better half said that THEhotel is way awesome and after our most recent stay, I'll have to agree.

During our last adventure to Vegas, I made reservations to stay here. I like how the hotel is secluded, not in terms of it's proximitiy on the Strip, but the location of the front desk and elevators. It's like, if you're walking through there, you're a hotel guest otherwise, you're really lost. When checking in, there was a long line, but every Vegas hotel has a line, so that was expected. When I got to the desk, this handsome but cocky gentleman in his early 20's checked me in. You can tell that he and the other desk agents check in hundreds of people a day so, you're pretty much dealing with a person immune to any personality that conveys the most minimal amount of genuine hospitality. You're a number, not a guest, which is too bad with a hotel distinguished with a AAA Four-Diamond rating.

The elevator bank had 6-7 elevators but the cabs were quite small, thankfully they don't stop at every floor otherwise we were screwed.

When we got to the room, I mean, "THEsuite," it was exactly how it looked like online. A living room area w/a wet bar and half bath; a bedroom and a bathroom with a stand-in shower, soaking tub, dual vanity and a private toilet. THEsuite wasn't elegant like the Venetian or plush as the Wynn but it was more trendy, if anything. Now I can see why the better half liked it, the decor were dark woods and clean lines. The bed was quite comfortable and the bath amenities were awesome. I didn't like however when our room was serviced, they replaced all our bath amenities which were barely used, with brand new ones. IMO, that was quite wasteful.

Speaking of which, during our stay, we were in our room around 12pm when a housekeeping representative called to see if we wanted our room serviced, because we had the Do Not Disturb sign illuminated. I asked her what was the latest and she said the housekeepers go home at 4pm. What? For such a large hotel, you won't have one or two housekeepers on duty beyond that time? Really now?

Beyond the little quirks in service I encountered, they're quite easily to overlook and yes, I can honestly say that I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a room that is NOT under the Mix Lounge.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

First impression was the ridiculous wait-line to register with a huge counter, and only two staff at a so call 4 +star hotel to check guests in was not a great impression.
My reservation I had mad 10 days prior was not ready, despite their 3pm check in, and my 6pm reservation arrival request, and the fact it was well after 7pm and STILL NO ROOM ready for us. They offered to "store our luggage"and provide a free drink in their lounge(by the way parent's pop is over $4 each for the children), if we wouldn't mind waiting "20 minutes". We came back 30 mins, still not ready. it is almost 8:30 pm now. We were given a meal drink voucher for $100 to spend in the hotel, but keep in mind, it is concerning us now. We come back a third time, close to 10pm, and the room is ready.
Room is nice, no complaints, except for the fact there is nothing included. The coffee is $8 dollars a cup if you use the in house coffee maker. Ridiculous for a near $300/night room. Internet is an extra charge. Local phone calls included.
Had to contact front desk to get maintenance to tape the air vents closed, as they kept opening through the night, and waking me up.
Then came the Scare of our lives....9:03 AM-someone walks into our locked room! It turned out it was housekeeping, feeling they could just come right in!
That was it! I called the front desk, asked for the manager, and let her have a piece of my mind. The manager admitted it was "unacceptable", and again offered us more complimentary services to compensate for our scare. We absolutely took the offer, but I would never, ever book with this hotel again.
The last note: I booked with this hotel for the pool amenities. The pool was so crowded even on weekdays, that one could not even get a lounger. To ride the "River"you had to PURCHASE a $23 dollar inner tube, or provide your own "upon approval". To rent a cabana was $275.00. drinks are $7-$15. Pool hours are so limited, closing at 7pm at night. Very far off the strip also, right at the very, very beginning, so be prepared to walk, walk, walk!

Wayzata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Walked into Mandalay Bay and told I was upgraded to THEhotel. They took my bags over for me. Posh suite. Very quiet as I was on the top floor at the end of the hall. Well maintained, but one bed was saggy so I just slept in the other.

The staff is well trained and very professional and accommodating. I think their professionalism pushed the experience to the next level.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Enjoyed our stay. Extra bathroom is great for families. Chairs at pool are a problem, it should be monitored more. Overheard people next to me saying that they had put stuff on chairs in the shade and in the sun so that they could move back and forth, meanwhile, others had nowhere to sit. How ignorant! If place was more central we would spend our whole holiday here instead of moving up the strip for part of the time. Great deals if you search them out. Don't like the resort fee's but all MGM hotels have them.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Let me just start out by saying that I'm a HUGE Steve Wynn girl, so I may be a bit biasedl We normally stay at the Wynn or Encore with exception of a couple stays in Bellagio, which were both disaster both times (refer to my past reviews of Bellagio). This time we decided on THEhotel because the Mr. heard good things about the beach/pool area and since it's his Bday, I let him do the picking.

THEstaff: everyone was very friendly and generally very helpful. After battling a 7 hour traffic from OC to Vegas, we were pooped by the time we checked in. The nice lady upgraded us without my request. Very nice and thoughtful. Off we went.

THEsuiteS (yes, two):
First suite: HUGE was our first impression. Nice view from the room. Separate living room and bedroom. 1.5 bathroom. I didn't even realize the door on the hallway was a bathroom till the second night. I thought it was a closet. Planned on stashing my shopping haul in there, but obviously that wouldn't work. I have nothing bad to say about this room. You wonder why we moved? Well, the club on 60th floor was a killer!!!! We're in the higher floor and we could hear the music loud and clear as if it's coming from our room. First night, I was pooped, so I didn't hear it at all, but the Mr did. Second night, it kept both of us up all night long. When we called downstairs to find out what time the club normally closed, before we even said anything, THEstaff said, "the music is too loud?" Looks like this is a known-fact. He suggested we moved to a different tower and lower floor the next day.

Second Suite: The move was smooth. By noon, they already had an open room available, so we're already in there by 12:30. We moved from one elevator to another. Bumped into another person who was doing the same thing. The first thing I noticed, even though the room looked identical, they really weren't. This one was definitely smaller. Not a lot smaller, but unless you're obsessive compulsive like I am, you probably won't notice. What they offer at the mini bar area also differed slightly... no $8 cup of coffee in this room (not that I was planning on paying for that). Honestly, I wouldn't pay extra to upgrade to the first room since this room is just as nice.
No club music at night, so yay! Good night sleep finally.

So the moral of the story is, yes, higher floor = nicer view. But it also means, you stay up all night listening to Black Eyed Peas boomboompowing. If that's what you go to Vegas for, by all means, but that's not what I go to Vegas for, so this is a big deal for me. Remember to ask for lower floor tower if you want to sleep.

Minor comment on housekeeping: dust bunnies! gross! Thank God for slippers they provide you in the room. I wouldn't want to walk around barefoot.

THEcafe: $5 for white chocolate mocha. Pretty good actually. Beats the $3 for the crappy Kcup in the room.

THEbeach/pool:
They open at 9AM. We got there at 8:56AM and the line wrapped around. By 9:20, all the chairs are gone.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, but most likely we will go back to Wynn/Encore next time. This place is crawling with children, most likely because of the pool.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We had a great promotional price which included an all-day buffet pass at Mandalay Bay. Let me break it down:

Room:
This is considered a boutique hotel and kind of has a feel of a nicely furnished apartment. I say this because you have a separate living room area, a separate bedroom, and 1.5 baths. When you have family or other folks visiting your room, this is a HUGE convenience. There is a tv in the living room. There is a tv in the bedroom. And there is a little tv in the main bathroom. Overall it's a big hotel room.

Bed:
They are comfy, but nothing spectacular. I had no problems sleeping as this hotel is nice and quiet.

Bathrooms:
As mentioned, there is 1 and a half bathrooms here. This is so awesome if you're not staying here alone. Great amenities from Gilchrist & Soames: facial bar, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, body balm, sewing kit, shoe polish, shower cap, bath crystals, but no shower gel. Still a lot though. Main bathroom has plenty of counter and compartment space, sunken tub, shower (which has a lot of water pressure, so thankfully the drain worked fine), and separate room for the toilet. I just wished they had a small vanity chair. The half bathroom by the room entrance is great too.

Service:
It's kind of hit or miss here. Some of the staff were nice, and some, well maybe they had a bad day. Overall, the service at the buffet was eh, housekeeping staff is nice, the front desk staff is nice too.

Location:
Well, it's at the south end of the Strip, so you're not in the middle of the action. You have a bridge to take you to the Luxor, and a monorail to Excalibur. You kind of have everything you need here though.

Pool:
Holy cow, this place is always packed. There is a line that starts before 9am to get in. I got there at 10:45am, and I was extremely lucky to snag one chair. It's ridiculously busy. This is family friendly with a wave pool, a beach w/ actual sand, lazy river, and other secluded lagoon pools.

Overall:
It's a really nice hotel. If you don't mind staying at the end of the Strip and like to get a restful sleep, this is a great place to check out, especially if the price is right.

Room Tip: sign up for email specials for best rates
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to THEhotel at Mandalay Bay? Share your experiences!