“Great Service, Average Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
8721 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89117 (Summerlin)
702-838-4774
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #434 of 3,754 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Summerlin
Cross street: Merialdo
Transit: Bus stop on the same block
Description: Fleming's Las Vegas, NV is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Summerlin, near Red Rock Casino and JW Marriot.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I eat at this location about every 3 months and it seems to be getting more and more average. The steaks are not prime by any means.Perhaps the economy has affected their quality. The service is wonderful. The wine by the glass selection is large and they do a nice happy hour in the bar. The house salad was good for $8.95. I ordered the house special, the porcini rubbed filet, 8 oz which came with 3 asparagus spears and gorgonzola sauce for $40 which was the real disappointment, lacked any kind of flavor and was so thin. It was supposed to be a center cut filet but was not, only about 1/4 inch thick. I had to ask for additional sauce and added much salt/pepper. The location, service, happy hour and wine list are nice but the steak was not up to par.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Merritt Island, Florida
“great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family meets in Vegas twice a year and frequent "steakhouses" often... this is on the top of our list. Must try the chipolte mac & cheese! Service was impeccable - we were celebrating a birthday, which I noted on "opentable" when making the reservations. The birthday boy received a gift - a small box of delicious truffles! Another simple, yet appreciated touch - we were offered the choice of white or black napkins - perfect for those of us wearing black that didnt want to take white flecks from a white napkin home with us! At the end of the meal, the server gave us his personal business card (never experienced this at a restaurant) and asked if we dine againk to ask for him!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas
“Service was ok!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The food was good, well prepared but the service was just ok for my wife and I. We started off at the bar with a drink and the bartenders there were awesome (should have stayed at the bar and ate)! The hostess inquired was this a special occasion and we informed her it was our anniversary, why she asked wasn't sure because no special concession were offered. Our waiter wasn't very attentive and continued to ask us several times if we wanted more to drink (alcohol) which we told him several times over and over, NO! It was really annoying to my wife and I.
As for the food, it was great! Well prepared like I said and great taste.
I will go back there again to see if I receive a little better service. For the price, it was average to me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Really an outstanding meal from start to finish. Unhurried, attentive service (thank you, Billy Rouse). They've started a 3-course prix fixe that was very good. Would highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Birthday Indulgence at Fleming's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Staff: Jackie, Jennifer and server, Ray, were flawless and over the top with service, but not annoying.

The Menu: Another one of that menus with so many wonderful items, you are afraid to make a decision. The Chilled Seafood tower was a good decision. It included four monsterous shrimp, two pieces of lobster, two civehices, two cups of lump crab meat and four crab claws. All embedded in a tower of ice. Marvelous. The house Chardonney was above average. Then the choices of prime meat. Again, we were afraid to pick because all seems so delicious. We decided to split the bone-in 20 ounce ribe eye with sauted spinach and Fleming's signature potatoes. All was cooked above expecatations. Birthday wishes were served with the hot lava cake ala mode. You can taste the chocalate as I describe. A wonderful inducgence on a very special day. Fleming's is at the top of my list to celebrate special events.

• Visited July 2012