“Great stay for a hotel next to the convention center and Monorail stop!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #67 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Great stay for a hotel next to the convention center and Monorail stop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Before I commit to booking a room at a hotel, I always come to Tripadvisor to read reviews of the hotel and the rooms. There is such a mix bag of reviews on this hotel that I was hesitant booking here. But I didn't want to stay in a casino (hate the smoke) and I wanted to be close to the convention center with the ease of getting to the Strip using the Monorail. I took the plunge and I'm glad I did.

The rooms are sizeable and the bathrooms are large (I'm use to city standards like NY...tiny). The beds are super comfy and everything you expect out of a stock standard Marriott hotel. The hotel is right next door to the convention center (South Hall) which is very convenient if you're in town for a conference/tradeshow and a 2 minute walk to the Monorail Station (you can see it from the lobby).

I was pleasantly surprised about the air conditioning. So many folks on here complained about the air conditioning not working or that they were unable to control the unit from their room. Perhaps their A/C was broken? Who knows. Mine worked perfectly fine and honestly, it got way too cold I had to turn it off. You can't get it lower than 67 degrees but who wants it any lower? Do people need to have their room at icebox temperatures? I'm not sure what the problem was here but I'm glad I didn't let those reviews deter me from staying here.

Now for the noise...ok, this is true. If someone in the room next to you is talking on the phone at normal volume, you can hear it. The walls at this hotel are thin and maybe more so than other hotels. I lucked out that I only heard my neighbor once and he was off the phone after 10 minutes so it wasn't a bother. Other than that one time, I didn't hear anyone else and the hotel was full when I was staying there.

My one complaint about the noise was the location of my room. My window faced inwards looking at the pool area. For some reason, the hotel pipes in music outside at full blast and keeps it like that ALL NIGHT. Kind of pointless when no one is there in the evening. I could hear that background music noise in the evening so I used my earplugs and that solved the problem. The other issue was that on one of the evenings, there was a corporate party outside and it was super loud. Luckily by the time I got back from dinner the party cleared out.

I didn't have a problem with service at this hotel like other posts. Everyone was very pleasant and greeted me warmly. The man that checked me into the hotel was very nice and even waived the fees for internet with my Marriott membership. I could not have asked for more. Sometimes people have bad days, it happens. Or maybe I have different expectations.

Overall, my advice would be if you want a hotel near the convention center or a hotel that is non-smoking without a casino but easily accessible to the Strip, the Renaissance is a great option. Just bring some earplugs and ask for a room not facing the pool or the Monorail!

On a separate note, the breakfast prices at the restaurant are outrageous. $30 for an omelet and a regular coffee?

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the pool or the Monorail. Bring your earplugs! For a cheaper breakfast, e...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are truly thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us to be delighted to serve. We also sincerely apologize for the music you heard from our pool deck. We appreciate your feedback on this, as it provides us insight into areas we need to investigate.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

All the best,
Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Turkish first
Westfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My coworker and I had a reservation at the hotel last Monday (while a convention was occurring across the street at the convention center). We showed up to checkin and was told that they had a few people that decided to stay longer than their reservation so they actually had no room for us. But no worries, they've made us accomodations...at the Stratosphere. For those of you who have been to Vegas, you would know that the Stratospher is off the strip with no monorail stop (pretty inconvenient). The taxi line as the convention was more than an hour's wait to get back to the hotel. It was a pretty awful stay - I don't smoke and the air quality was undesirable. I've called Marriott with the complaint and to request fair compensation for such poor planning on their part. They offered me 10,000 points. Don't stay here unless you want to be told that your reservation will not be honored.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience with us. While we made every effort to prevent the situation, and maintain your reservation with us were not successful in relocating the group that extended their stay. We apologize that the alternative accommodations made for this unique situation did not meet your standards. We are disappointed to learn that your overall experience was less than positive.

Thank you again for your feedback. We have addressed these challenges in order to prevent them from occurring in the future.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you again and assure you a much improved experience.

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in town for the Mr. Olympia convention and was told by a friend who told me that his company use to stay at Renaissance Las Vegas near the convention center but decide to stay at Las Vegas Hotel because they had bad experience with the service in the past two years. I thought it was the pricing but then it turns out that they were paying the same as they would pay at Renaissance for LVH which really should have been a red flag. But I am a staunch Marriott supporter. Platinum level. I told my friend that I am taken care of at the Marriott hotels because of the status and so it doesn't make sense to stay somewhere else. I was WRONG. From the time I checked in, when I inquired about the suite upgrade, the guy just laughed. He did not even answer my question. OK, I get it. You have a convention and the hotel is busy, but do you really have to make me feel bad because I am only taking two rooms. A smile and an explanation would have been nice. But oh well. i moved on because I was tired. Then I called the next day to have housekeeping take care of something, I was told that someone will be at my door and no one showed up after an hour. So I found a housekeeper on my own and took care of the issue. Then the final straw was when on Saturday, I went downstairs to to the front desk to get a breakfast vouchers because the lounge was closed on Saturday, i was told that they were given to me on the day of check in and no additional ones would be issues. Excuse me. I explained to them that I must have misplaced them but I only needed one because my friends were still sleeping who are staying with me. Technically, I should have been given four for two rooms but I guess I was given two. That should have alone been enough of a reason for the supposed front desk supervisor Connie to give me another voucher, but she was so indifferent about anything. She fits right in with the staff. I explained to her that I am platinum member and if she can extend me the courtesy of another voucher and I was explained that it was not possible. Ok, Connie, it is double occupancy per room, two rooms, you should have given four. But two were issued. Issue the extra one. No sir. Rude answers is all I got. Then no recognition or courtesy for Platinum. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. SERVICE IS THE WORST. IT TAKES ME A LOT TO SAY THAT. BUT IT IS REALLY REALLY BAD.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give you is to stay away from the hotel but if you have a gun to your head and ha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced by way of our housekeeping and front office staff during your stay. The responses you received are not indicative of our mutual standards. We take pride in our ability to deliver a memorable guest experience, but clearly missed in the mark in these instances. It is through such feedback as yours, that we can address shortfalls and make necessary improvements.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance Las Vegas because that's where my husbands company put us. I was, at first, disappointed that we weren't at a casino, I quickly changed my mind! It's the first time we've been out there without staying at a casino and it was so nice to not have all that going on every time we left our room. The hotel was nice and clean, the restaurant and drinks were good. The pool was very lacking, which was a disappointment, but the workout facility was nice and well equipped....We went to several casinos to take in the beautiful décor and drop a few bucks off at the craps table. The downside here is that you must take a cab or the metro to go to a casino, but it was perfect for me. My best ever Las Vegas trip.

Room Tip: get a room with a view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback. We could not be happier to learn we were able to contribute to your “best ever Las Vegas trip”! We know you have many options when choosing somewhere to stay in Las Vegas and we hope we have earned your loyalty. Thank you again for your comments. We truly hope that when your future travel plans include Las Vegas – you will stay with us again.

Ringoes, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Book the hotel through the PMMI packaging show well ahead of my travel dates. Attempted to check in at 4:30 pm only to find they had overbooked. I was not the only one either. The lobby was full of other folks in my same situation. Their solution was to put us in a hotel that usually goes for $35 a night, very far from the convention center, the Stratosphere. I checked into the Stratosphere and checked out within minutes after seeing the moldy bathroom. I understand that it was a busy week but my room was guaranteed on a credit card and their solution was to shove me in a lower class hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are disappointed to learn that your overall experience was less than positive. We made every effort to prevent the situation; however, our best attempts to retain your reservation with us were not successful. We apologize that your alternative accommodations did not meet your standards and we regret that we could not have you stay with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance during my visit for the Mayweather/Canelo fight. The price was amazing compared to all the hotels surrounding us during this weekend. It is a very nice hotel. It is located off the strip but not far at all. in fact, the monorail is within walking distance and it takes you directly on the strip. We even caught it to the fight and it let us out in the lower level of the MGM. Amazing!!!! The room was modern and the bed cradled you to sleep. the lobby is just as fabulous as the hotels on the strip minus the casino but that won't stop you from enjoying your stay. When I return, there won't be a hesitation on where I will stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
First, thank you! Yours is our favorite kind of review! We appreciate you calling attention to our proximity to not just the Las Vegas Strip, but also the Las Vegas Monorail Station. The monorail is an often overlooked benefit that we offer, so we’re happy to hear you took advantage during your recent stay for the Mayweather vs Canelo fight at MGM Grand. We agree it is a terrific mode of transportation!

It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be the ideal hotel choice while you were here for a fight weekend. Of course we hope to be able to serve you again for the next big fight!

Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Away from smoky hotel venues of the strip this Rennaissance comes handy. Close to metro system, decent size and decent rooms. Only downside is the pool that fits more of a description if it were a large bathtub.
If you're a Platinum Marriott member like me you'll be disappointed with the rooms but they still are acceptable.
Parking facilities are very convenient and staff is average for the quality found in this city.

Green Features: No smoking thanks heaven! Personnel seems a bit in better shape than large hotels where obesity is the norm.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to know you would characterize your experience as good overall and we hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Tim Herman

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!