“Awesome off strip weekend stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC
“Awesome off strip weekend stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Renaissance Las Vegas is my favorite place to stay on the weekends in Vegas when the strip is too expensive. (I stayed using two category 5 free night certificates.) It is by far the nicest hotel near the convention center. They have great weekend rates (important considering I enjoy Vegas about four times a year). It is a very short walk to the monorail to get to the strip. If you are adventurous, it is an easy one mile walk to Wynn/Encore as well. Also, the airport shuttles still stop at this hotel for a cheap ride to/from the airport.

The decor of this hotel is very modern. The lobby is impressive with its color changing wall behind the check in desk. Everyone seems to be happy at this hotel. I didn't really miss the casino, it was nice to not have to navigate a confusing casino to exit the hotel.

The rooms are fantastic and are not your typical bland hotel room. The rooms are decorated with a Vegas theme, which is an awesome touch. When you walk in the room, the TV is on and welcomes you with music. The beds are super comfortable. The bathroom is large with a separate glass shower and soaking tub. Some reviewers complained of noise, but I could not hear any of my neighbors.

I did not have a chance to dine at the hotel, but the restaurants looked nice and had good happy hour deals.

So you can take my review in context, I have also stayed at other Vegas Hotels: Luxor, Treasure Island, Hilton Grand Vacation Club on the Strip, Las Vegas Hilton (and as LVH), Caesar's Palace, Mirage, MGM Grand, Aria, Hughes Center Residence Inn, Bellagio, Paris, Flamingo, Las Vegas Marriott, Planet Hollywood, and Wynn. If you can afford it or find a good weekday rate, Wynn and Bellagio are the nicest.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view on an upper floor. If that isn't available, a pool view is also nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to hear that you have so many positive things to say about our location, our atmosphere, and most of all – our Ambassadors. They are truly the real reason that all of the magic happens. We feel honored to have such a great distinction from you, since you have run the gamut in Vegas! You are definitely an authority, so thank you for all of your kind words!

Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Turkish first
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had a reservation at the Quad which was to gross to stay so we got on Priceline got a great price and nice hotel. I have to agree with some of the reviews I see the only complaint I had is the person next door kept their tv on all night and i could tell what they were watching, thin walls; had a nice view of the strip. It was nice to be in a smoke free, noise free, hotel. Was so happy after seeing what we had at the Quad ended up being a great stay.

Room Tip: Close to the monorail easy to get around vegas
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised when you stayed with us recently! It is terrific to hear that we were able to turn around what sounds like a rocky start to your vacation.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having stayed here several times, most recent stay was again, nice, relaxing and dependable. It is located off the strip next to convention center and monorail stop, east of the Wynn/Encore. Our room had views of the Wynn golf course. No casino or gambling on site, which is a nice respite to come back to after a 'noisy strip hotel" visit. It has free self parking, a nice little pool (although minimal sun throughout the day as it will be shaded from mid afternoon on. A nice workout area on 2nd floor with weights/treadmills, no resort fee. Rooms are clean, typical Marriott decor/style. Room walls a little thin and we could hear adjacent room/hallway traffic. Would definitely return when needing an off strip, quiet hotel at reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of Wynn golf course
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely thank you for your stay with us and for such a fantastic review here on TripAdvisor. We are so truly happy to hear all of the positive feedback you shared on our amenities, atmosphere, and our convenient proximity to the Las Vegas Strip. We take great pride on being close to all of the action and gaming, but offering exactly what you mentioned – a respite to retire to and recover!

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Palm Springs, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Yes, the complaints about the thin walls are true. However, I'm finding this issue more common than one would think. It's all a matter of tolerance - and value! The hotel often offers extremely good rates, especially when there is not a convention at convention center next door. This, I believe, is primarily due to its location off the strip and with no casino! Great for someone who wants Marriott quality without the crowds of Las Vegas.

The Club-level room I had was nicely furnished and had an ok view. The club lounge offered exceptional food. In the evening, they offered lamb chops, couscous, salads, cold cuts, veggies and dip, etc. Breakfast offered scrambled eggs, meat, potatoes, lox and bagels, fresh fruit salad, juices, etc. Overall, very filling and satisfactory!

Also, parking was free. The garage is much smaller than most Las Vegas 'Mega' hotels and therefore offers quicker in and out. Front desk staff as helpful and very professional. Tram to strip hotels is nearby and it's a 10 minute walk to Wynn. Next door to convention center and offers a great alternative to the Las Vegas Hotel (formerly Hilton) which is so much larger and congested!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! We certainly love reviews like yours because we get to hear that what we enjoy about our hotel is appreciated by our guests as well! We appreciate you calling attention to our proximity to the Las Vegas Monorail, our Club Lounge, and overall efficiency by comparison to what you would find in the mega resorts.

It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

When I checked in my room was not ready and would not be ready for a couple hours. To my surprise because I had to wait and it was after check-in time they upgraded me to a suite with a great view of Downtown Vegas. The suite was very well equipped and very well decorated. The staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side gave a view of the Stratosphere and part of downtown
Green Features: Green practices ,Efficient ventilation system, Low chemical gardening,ENERGY STAR laundry machines Waste is composted ENERGY STAR kitchen appliances Energy-efficient lightbulbs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

While we are sorry to learn of the trouble you had upon arrival, we are incredibly pleased to hear that we were able to resolve everything for you swiftly and completely. We make every effort to empower all of our Ambassadors to make those critical decisions order to quickly find solutions to any guest issue.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just checked out of the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, after booking a room for 2 nights through Priceline. I'm done with Priceline bids, at least in Vegas, because apparently the star ratings for hotels in Vegas don't mean diddly squat. I found many reviews mentioning the paper thin walls at the Renaissance, and it's so true. Noise from other guests is by far my biggest pet peeve at any hotel. I had to switch rooms twice, and even with a room at the end of the hall and earplugs on, I could clearly hear the guests in the room adjacent to me talking and watching tv. I complained to the front desk again, around 11 pm, and even asked if I could be switched to a room with no occupied rooms adjacent to me, and they told me the hotel was almost full, but that they'd ask the neighbors to keep it down. They did keep it down a little, but I could still hear them again the next morning. I noticed that it was quieter when I was next to the bathroom, so I requested a rollaway bed, so that I'd be able to sleep next to the bathroom. They said they were all out of rollaway beds. What kind of 4 star hotel doesn't have extra rollaway beds? I finally ended up sleeping on the floor next to the bathroom, to block out the noise. The rooms themselves are tiny here, about the same size as the Golden Gate, a 1 star hotel in downtown Vegas, and not as nice. There was a semi-comfortable bed, a large flat screen tv, a small chair, some drawers and a fairly large bathroom with a separate tub and shower. Everything in the room seemed a little run down and old, but the bathroom looked brand new. There was no reasonably priced food anywhere in the hotel, not even a vending machine with snacks, just an expensive bar and steakhouse. The pool and Jacuzzi were blah. There was no free wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby. There isn't much of anything within walking distance of the hotel. The nearest food is a McDonald's and gas station about a ten minute walk away, and the surrounding area feels depressing and somewhat dangerous. The hotel is ugly and dated overall. I can tolerate all those minor inconveniences, but the paper thin walls and the front desk's incompetence in resolving this issue made this an unbearably bad stay for me. I was going to give this place 2 stars, but for the money they charge, they only deserve 1. What a ripoff.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate feedback such as yours as it provides us with the opportunity to make improvements in service.

We were pleased to hear that there were aspects of your stay that met your expectations; however we are concerned to learn of the disappointments you experienced. We take pride in providing a pleasant atmosphere, with upscale and immaculate rooms combined with food & beverage options that exceed expectations for our guests. We apologize that we fell short of our mutual expectations in a few areas during your stay.

We will certainly share your comments with senior leadership and hope that you might give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in us in your future visits to Las Vegas.

Manhattan Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are staying here right now as he has a convention at the Wynn this weekend. The Wynn convention rate was over $300 per night after fees/taxes so we opted for the Renaissance based on tripadvisor reviews. This hotel will not disappoint! Very modern lobby, friendly staff, coffee and bagel bar downstairs.... The rooms look brand new (no sign of wear & tear), bathroom has separate tub and shower and is spotless! The bed is extremely comfortable too!

My only 2 concerns from previous reviews were the a/c not getting cold enough & the noise from others rooms. Our a/c works great (we've had it on 67 the whole time) and the first 2 nights we didn't hear any neighbors.... But today I could hear the man next door talking...it was mumbled but I could see how that would bother people.

Overall I'd recommend if you're looking for a nice alternative off the strip ( only a 5 minute drive to Wynn and Palazzo!)

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very happy to learn our value and proximity to the Las Vegas Strip were attractive to you and that we did not disappoint! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving you during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Tim Herman

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!