“Oasis in Vegas; just steps from LV Convention Center” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Oasis in Vegas; just steps from LV Convention Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here while working at a trade show in Las Vegas, and I'd love to make that a habit. This is a lovely, new property, literally a three-minute walk from the convention center. There is even a UPS store right in the lobby for receiving and sending those last-minute items you always seem to need for a trade show. This is a non-gaming, non-smoking hotel. It is so refreshing to arrive at a hotel in Las Vegas and not have to walk through a loud, smoky casino to get anywhere. One thing to consider: the hotel is near the convention center, so it is NOT on the Strip. But, taxis and the monorail can get you there easily. I hope to come back to this oasis of sanity in Sin City!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review here on TripAdvisor! Yours is our favorite kind of review because we get to hear that what we love about our hotel is appreciated by our guests as well. We appreciate you calling attention to our proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center as well as our soothing atmosphere without smoke-filled air and excessive noise.

It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be suitable for your business travel needs. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future as well.

Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance last week. The location is right across from the monorail stop, so being "off strip" is not a problem. The rooms are clean, and the bathrooms are huge and well equipped. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and it was a relief to come back to this non-casino hotel after a day spent on the strip. We would definitely stay at the Renaissance again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We appreciate you calling attention to our proximity to the Las Vegas Monorail Station. It is definitely an overlooked convenience that we offer to guests who would like to go to the Strip, but get back to some peace and quiet at the end of the day. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us and would stay with us again!

We look forward to your next trip to Las Vegas!

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

THE HOTEL AND THE SERVICE WERE BOTH EXCELLENT - THE STAFF, FRIENDLY AND SO HELPFUL, THE ROOM VIEW BEAUTIFUL, THE ACCOMMODATIONS COMFORTABLE! The front desk made our check in experience so wonderful - from the moment we walked in - they helped to answer any questions we had, accommodated us with arrangements we needed and were so helpful in their recommendations that we asked. The level of caring made us feel so at home and set the tone for our entire trip! WHAT A WONDERFUL HOTEL AND WHAT AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE! Very clean, very modern, beautiful view of the entire strip and golf course, right next to Monorail stop (convention center) and less than 5 minutes away from strip!

Room Tip: face towards the strip (offers beautfiul view of entire strip both in daytime and evening, also a ni...
Green Features: excellent, clean, modern hotel (friendly staff, clean bedding, excellent bathroom cleanliness, nice sheets/comfortable pillows) beautifully lit rooms with spacious windows
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for your recent stay with us and for such a fantastic review here on TripAdvisor. We are so truly happy to hear all of the positive feedback you shared about our ambassadors, atmosphere, and our convenient proximity to The Strip. The monorail station definitely makes it possible to enjoy the excitement on Las Vegas Boulevard, but get back to peace and quiet for some rest. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I booked a room on the club level at this hotel for my birthday. When I arrived on Friday afternoon, I was informed that the club was closed for the weekend and that I would be given a credit at an in-hotel cafe for breakfast each day of my stay, including Sunday. I informed the manager that I would rather have the $20 off the room rate since the club was closed but he said that was not an option. After checking in the room was excellent and the location off the strip was great. Unfortunately, the food at the cafe was horrible so the credit was useless because we refused to go back and eat there again. I called the manager to complain and he said that at checkout I would be credited for two nights. At checkout the on duty manager refused to honor the promise of credit for missed breakfast and no club level service during our stay.

Finally, while there was a beautiful pool at the hotel, the cleanliness of the pool area was unacceptable. I never saw anyone cleaning the cabana's and dirty towels were all over the place.

Although I believe this to be a nice hotel, the service and the refusal of the managers to make notes on our account so that their promise to us would be honored, I will never stay here and I have recommended to my friends and family members who travel to Las Vegas often not to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not look for club level service on the weekends
Green Features: I did not notice any eco friendly efforts at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear there were some positive attributes of our property that you enjoyed; however, we were disappointed to learn that your overall experience was less than positive. We do offer a credit for breakfast in our steakhouse to guests who reserve rooms on our Club Level on weekends in addition to the upgraded room amenities and complimentary internet access. We certainly apologize if your breakfast was unsatisfactory. We appreciate reviews such as yours as they let us know where we can focus on service and attention to detail.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am a nursing mom who was travelling away from my infant for the first time so I called the hotel multiple times to request/confirm a refrigerator in the weeks prior to my stay. Everytime I called, the associates promised that my request would be honored as I needed it for medical purposes. Upon arrival, there was no trace of my requests and of course, one was not available. Saul came to rescue and was absolutely FABULOUS. Not only was he friendly, efficient and accomodating, but he upgraded us to a room with a fridge large enough to fit my needs. His service was so astounding that I had been convinced my entire stay that he was the manager. Had he not been so accomodating, we would have had to have packed up and moved to another location. I am extremely loyal to the Marriott brand and it is instances like these that prove why. Thank you, Saul!

As far as cleanliness, upon packing up, we realized there was a HUGE yellowish stain on the bed sheets. I am quite surprised the housekeepers missed that. Other than that, the room was spotless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

While we are sorry to learn of the trouble you had upon arrival, we are incredibly pleased to hear that Saul was able to resolve everything for you swiftly and completely. We make every effort to empower all of our Ambassadors to make those critical decisions order to quickly find solutions to any guest issue. We will certainly share your feedback with Saul, as he will be happy to hear he was successful in making a positive impression on your experience.

We hope you are already planning your next visit with us or another Marriott property in your future travels to another destination.

Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days last week celebrating my brother's birthday. Love this place, everyone working here is pleasant and very helpful. The hotel lobby is bright, sunny and clean. The rooms are spotless, clean and quiet.

While this hotel is off from the strip we loved staying here. It is right across the street from the Monorail, which I highly recommend you use to get back and forth to the strip.

They offer free parking and valet as well. Food at the hotel café and restaurant are nice as well. If you are able to use the club level, the ladies there do a nice job and make sure the food is fresh and replenished.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us, especially for a special occasion. We’re very happy to hear that collectively we were successful in taking great care of you and making your brother’s birthday a memorable one. We look forward to having you stay with us during your next trip to Las Vegas!

Macungie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Let me start by staying I've never stayed off strip before, so after the likes of Wynn, Bellagio, etc. I had low expectations. Stayed here on business for a conference and I was pleasantly surprised. First, theree is no casino in this hotel which is great if you are not a player because there is NO SMOKING and that's awesome. There was a decent pool and bar. It is very close to the monorail if you want to get around on the cheap. So I would stay he again if I was on a budget or needed to be near the convention center. The one thing I found Bizzare was the lamps in the room near the bed. You couldn't get your finger into the the little crack to turn the light off and on. Very poor design. The sheets arent up to standard Marriott quality either. Otherwise this place is fine and if you dont spend much time in the room and are looking for a cheap, clean, convenient place to crash for a few nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised when you took a chance and stayed with us (off strip) recently! We agree that our smoke free atmosphere is a much preferred alternative to what you will find on the strip in the casinos. While we’re happy you enjoyed your stay, we appreciate you mentioning the bedside lamp. We will look into this, as we agree it would be difficult to operate if you are not able to reach the mechanism. We appreciate feedback such as this, as it provides us with invaluable insight.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Tim Herman

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!