“EXCELLENT! TRULY ABOVE & BEYOND :) SUPER LOCATION!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #68 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, PA
“EXCELLENT! TRULY ABOVE & BEYOND :) SUPER LOCATION!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

THE HOTEL AND THE SERVICE WERE BOTH EXCELLENT - THE STAFF, FRIENDLY AND SO HELPFUL, THE ROOM VIEW BEAUTIFUL, THE ACCOMMODATIONS COMFORTABLE! The front desk made our check in experience so wonderful - from the moment we walked in - they helped to answer any questions we had, accommodated us with arrangements we needed and were so helpful in their recommendations that we asked. The level of caring made us feel so at home and set the tone for our entire trip! WHAT A WONDERFUL HOTEL AND WHAT AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE! Very clean, very modern, beautiful view of the entire strip and golf course, right next to Monorail stop (convention center) and less than 5 minutes away from strip!

Room Tip: face towards the strip (offers beautfiul view of entire strip both in daytime and evening, also a ni...
Green Features: excellent, clean, modern hotel (friendly staff, clean bedding, excellent bathroom cleanliness, nice sheets/comfortable pillows) beautifully lit rooms with spacious windows
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We sincerely thank you for your recent stay with us and for such a fantastic review here on TripAdvisor. We are so truly happy to hear all of the positive feedback you shared about our ambassadors, atmosphere, and our convenient proximity to The Strip. The monorail station definitely makes it possible to enjoy the excitement on Las Vegas Boulevard, but get back to peace and quiet for some rest. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I booked a room on the club level at this hotel for my birthday. When I arrived on Friday afternoon, I was informed that the club was closed for the weekend and that I would be given a credit at an in-hotel cafe for breakfast each day of my stay, including Sunday. I informed the manager that I would rather have the $20 off the room rate since the club was closed but he said that was not an option. After checking in the room was excellent and the location off the strip was great. Unfortunately, the food at the cafe was horrible so the credit was useless because we refused to go back and eat there again. I called the manager to complain and he said that at checkout I would be credited for two nights. At checkout the on duty manager refused to honor the promise of credit for missed breakfast and no club level service during our stay.

Finally, while there was a beautiful pool at the hotel, the cleanliness of the pool area was unacceptable. I never saw anyone cleaning the cabana's and dirty towels were all over the place.

Although I believe this to be a nice hotel, the service and the refusal of the managers to make notes on our account so that their promise to us would be honored, I will never stay here and I have recommended to my friends and family members who travel to Las Vegas often not to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not look for club level service on the weekends
Green Features: I did not notice any eco friendly efforts at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear there were some positive attributes of our property that you enjoyed; however, we were disappointed to learn that your overall experience was less than positive. We do offer a credit for breakfast in our steakhouse to guests who reserve rooms on our Club Level on weekends in addition to the upgraded room amenities and complimentary internet access. We certainly apologize if your breakfast was unsatisfactory. We appreciate reviews such as yours as they let us know where we can focus on service and attention to detail.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am a nursing mom who was travelling away from my infant for the first time so I called the hotel multiple times to request/confirm a refrigerator in the weeks prior to my stay. Everytime I called, the associates promised that my request would be honored as I needed it for medical purposes. Upon arrival, there was no trace of my requests and of course, one was not available. Saul came to rescue and was absolutely FABULOUS. Not only was he friendly, efficient and accomodating, but he upgraded us to a room with a fridge large enough to fit my needs. His service was so astounding that I had been convinced my entire stay that he was the manager. Had he not been so accomodating, we would have had to have packed up and moved to another location. I am extremely loyal to the Marriott brand and it is instances like these that prove why. Thank you, Saul!

As far as cleanliness, upon packing up, we realized there was a HUGE yellowish stain on the bed sheets. I am quite surprised the housekeepers missed that. Other than that, the room was spotless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

While we are sorry to learn of the trouble you had upon arrival, we are incredibly pleased to hear that Saul was able to resolve everything for you swiftly and completely. We make every effort to empower all of our Ambassadors to make those critical decisions order to quickly find solutions to any guest issue. We will certainly share your feedback with Saul, as he will be happy to hear he was successful in making a positive impression on your experience.

We hope you are already planning your next visit with us or another Marriott property in your future travels to another destination.

Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days last week celebrating my brother's birthday. Love this place, everyone working here is pleasant and very helpful. The hotel lobby is bright, sunny and clean. The rooms are spotless, clean and quiet.

While this hotel is off from the strip we loved staying here. It is right across the street from the Monorail, which I highly recommend you use to get back and forth to the strip.

They offer free parking and valet as well. Food at the hotel café and restaurant are nice as well. If you are able to use the club level, the ladies there do a nice job and make sure the food is fresh and replenished.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us, especially for a special occasion. We’re very happy to hear that collectively we were successful in taking great care of you and making your brother’s birthday a memorable one. We look forward to having you stay with us during your next trip to Las Vegas!

Macungie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Let me start by staying I've never stayed off strip before, so after the likes of Wynn, Bellagio, etc. I had low expectations. Stayed here on business for a conference and I was pleasantly surprised. First, theree is no casino in this hotel which is great if you are not a player because there is NO SMOKING and that's awesome. There was a decent pool and bar. It is very close to the monorail if you want to get around on the cheap. So I would stay he again if I was on a budget or needed to be near the convention center. The one thing I found Bizzare was the lamps in the room near the bed. You couldn't get your finger into the the little crack to turn the light off and on. Very poor design. The sheets arent up to standard Marriott quality either. Otherwise this place is fine and if you dont spend much time in the room and are looking for a cheap, clean, convenient place to crash for a few nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised when you took a chance and stayed with us (off strip) recently! We agree that our smoke free atmosphere is a much preferred alternative to what you will find on the strip in the casinos. While we’re happy you enjoyed your stay, we appreciate you mentioning the bedside lamp. We will look into this, as we agree it would be difficult to operate if you are not able to reach the mechanism. We appreciate feedback such as this, as it provides us with invaluable insight.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A traditional business-class hotel where you can walk from front door to your room in a few minutes - you might expect that in most cities, but it is not what normally happens in Vegas - but it happens here. No smoking, no slots, but close enough to the monorail that you can have all the smoke and noise you want in 10-15 minutes. The lounge was small but the food was GREAT! The exercise room was no "casino spa", but had everything I needed. Everyone from the front door on was very gracious and tried hard. I liked the iBahn smartphone app that lets you run the tv from your phone. I look forward to staying here again in a few months. It's a bit of a walk to any nearby restaurants (and at 100+ degrees this week, motivation to go out is limited).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us and for such a great review here on TripAdvisor! It is truly exciting to hear that our staff took great care of you and that you observed how hard we all try to do so. We also appreciate you pointing out our new iBAHN TV app! It really is convenient to be able to use your phone to change the channel, as our smart phones are tethered to our hands already! We could not be happier to hear you will be staying with us again. We are looking forward to your arrival!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms and the hotel were great. Liked that it had a tub and a separate shower.Room was quiet. We were on the 10th floor over the pool, Not many people using pool at 105 degrees outside.
The things we didn't care for having to ask for water everyday. Would of like to have had a hotel lay out in the room. The other thing was the useless cafe. They had a limited menu and when we ordered they said we don't have that. Well why is it on the menu.
Things we liked there staff is excellent. The young lady that was on duty Sunday at 6:oo was outstanding. She helped us get our boarding passes we don't know much about computers.
Then on Monday June 3rd the two bell hops were also excellent. We were having promblem with our Showtime pick=up. They called show time twice and still no pick up so tthe bell hop got a cab for us. Take a cab over showtime it costed us $13 to go back to the airport. Kudo's to the staff and Thank you to all of you. The bartendaer was really nice to us also. We enjoyed talking to him.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We appreciate hearing all of the wonderful things you have to say about your experiences with our front office staff and food & beverage team. We also are grateful for your feedback regarding Ego Café. Based on your comments, we have recently made many updates to the menus displayed to accurately list the items served. Reviews such as yours truly do provide us with excellent insight, so we are able to improve every guest's experience.

We hope if your future travel plans include Las Vegas that you would consider staying with us again.

Tim Herman

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!