“Nothing but good things to say about the Renaissance.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Nothing but good things to say about the Renaissance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

First, the location is a plus. It is right next door to the LV Convention Center, which means you can walk to a show. It is also off-strip without the hassle and constant barrage of a strip hotel. You can get to the Strip via a cab $6-$10, a 1/4 mile walk to the monorail via the Convention Center station, or it you have a cab-drive and park free in any of the hotel parking garages.
Also, there is plenty of Dining choices on Paradise Road nearby including PF Chang's, Lawry's, Bahama Breeze, Hofbrauhaus, and Del Frisco's.
Second, the rooms are nice (and excellent compared to what you may end up with on the Strip.) Third, the amenities are worthwhile. From a nice lobby and pool to your eating choices--Cafe, Bar/Grill and Upscale Steakhouse, you have what you need at the Renaissance.
Finally, the staff is friendly and values you as a guest.

Room Tip: The view of the Golf Course and Strip is probably one of the best in Vegas. Request a room facing t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We were pleased to learn that you our atmosphere, dining options and service were to your liking during your stay with us. We are particularly happy you found your stay to be sanctuary we pride ourselves on providing to our guests. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

John Dempsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference in Las Vegas. Hotel is at a convinient location with lots of restaurants nearby and off the strip if you want something quieter and smoke free. Staff is decent and the rooms are average. I stayed on the club level floor. I would recommend for conferences but not for vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our property was suitable to your business travel needs. Thank you again for your review. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My company required me to stay somewhere that was not associated with a Casino, but I needed somewhere close to the Strip. The Renaissance fit the bill. I was able to walk to the office park where I did my work and to the strip, although I probably wouldn't walk to the strip after dark. But it's an easy cab ride to the attractions. The rooms were nicely decorated and the staff very helpful. I received an upgrade to a suite at check in, but I traded a standard room on 15 to a suite on 3. I think next time, I'll stick with the higher floor. View on lower floor isn't great, particularly as tram runs by windows.

Restuarants were fantastic, which was nice given that it was easy to stay in after a long day. All and all a nice visit; I would stay here again.

Room Tip: watch out for lower levels: views aren't great and could be facing tram.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your suite upgrade! It’s also a pleasure to hear that you were able to take advantage of our dining outlets and that you enjoyed those experiences!

Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Calabasas, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference and thought they did a nice job. They dressed up the decor a bit from my stays in prior years. It sort of looks like a mini-"W" with the mood lighting and modern features. You'll basically find the same consistent Marriott amenities though I will say their Conceirge lounge served above average food. They had nice beef and potatoes one night for dinner and their breakfast always features a big bowl of fresh berries rather than the tired melon and pineapple you often find at hotels. They also have a full service restaurant on-site and it was great. Everyone at my table thoroughly enjoyed their food and I thought the family style side dishes was nice. All was very good and the service was excellent. I would eat there again. When you're in Vegas for business its nice to avoid the hub-bub of the strip and keep it simple. I particularly enjoyed not having to get out in traffic for dinner.
For those of you travelling here for gambling and everything on the strip, this hotel will serve you just fine, but it is a bit outside the action. You are close to the strip, but that probably isn't close enough. You really don't feel like you are in Vegas so I would recommend one of the big strip hotels for a true Vegas experience. Might be great for those who want accessible Vegas but like to get away from it also.
Last word, this is a very clean hotel. Relatively new or at least feels that way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours are a true delight, as you have called out and applauded many of the attributes of our hotel that we take great pride in. We are very proud of our service, food and beverage as well as our location since we know this is so important to our guests. It is our goal to overachieve in all possible areas in order to deliver a great experience and it sounds like we hit the mark. We are pleased you found us to be such a wonderful alternative to hotels on the strip and we hope that if your future travel plans include Las Vegas – you will stay with us again.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is a great location, especially if you are in the south end of the Convention Center. The staff were all very pleasant and I was able to check in early. I was on the 4th floor, facing north, and never had any problem with noise. It is nicer than some of the larger hotels in that it has a smaller bar area where you can meet others from the convention. The food at the bar was also very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have many positive things to say about our hotel, our convenient location and especially our service!

Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

hotel itself looks beautiful on their website. I thought I would disregard other's review on how thin the wall is.. oh boy, I should had listened.

I stayed on a 14th floor and I hear the cars driving by down below, the airplanes, the next door neighbor opening/closing her door, and talked on her phone, ordering food.. sigh!

its safe to say, that I was very disappointed with my stay and wont be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We take great pride in ensuring we create a welcoming and convenient atmosphere, with upscale and comfortable rooms that exceed expectations. I apologize that we fell short your expectations during your stay. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on attention to detail and potential property improvements.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

On the website, it clearly says club level room, double or king beds. I arrived at the hotel around 11am in hopes of checking in early, but none of the rooms were available. Left to grab lunch and went back around 3pm (regular check out time). Upon Check In, I asked for double beds to confirm my reservations. The person helping me at the front desk stared at me and said "we don't have double bed for our club level rooms." I didn't want to question the person who worked there, so I asked if there were any rooms with double beds available. Once I arrived in the room, I was surprised by how small it was. I called the front desk to ask for a change of rooms and the person said there were no more rooms available. In my mind I was thinking, how is that possible.... Since I paid extra for the club level room, I wanted to at least have the club level benefits. When I asked if my key card could access the club lounge, the person says no, its not open anyways. I was thinking what in the world kind of hotel is this. I pay for the extra amenities and better room, but I don't get anything.

Since, I was stuck with this room. I decided to make the most out of it and enjoy myself. Sadly, the bed was dirty. There were black marks on the bed frame which I found as an eye sore, but I could care less since I did not need to touch it. Worst part was the bed sheets weren't fully clean. I slept on top of my towel that night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than positive. Each of our rooms are inspected prior to guest arrivals to ensure cleanliness and that all is in working order. From the condition you stated your room was in, we failed in this instance. In addition, we are sorry you were not provided with the proper credentials at check in for breakfast in our restaurant. The Club Lounge is not open on weekends, however you should have been given the option to dine elsewhere for the breakfast you would have had in the Club Lounge. We thank you for sharing this feedback with us, as it provides us with the opportunity to address service shortfalls and improve our level of service.

I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence when choosing where to stay in Las Vegas.

John Dempsey

Been to Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!