“Great place to stay near the strip” 5 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #67 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Great place to stay near the strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance on our most recent trip to Vegas. We wanted to be close to but not on the strip and this hotel was perfect.
The facility is beautiful and the service was outstanding.
Our room was spacious and the ammenities were great! Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was huge with a large tub and king size shower.
They have a small courtyard with a pool and you can relax and enjoy some peace and quiet before you head out to the strip.
We had sandwiches in the bar/restaurant area and the food was good and prices reasonable for the area.
We enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We were pleased to learn that our amenities, atmosphere and service were to your liking during your stay with us. We are particularly happy you found our hotel to be the sanctuary we pride ourselves on providing to our guests. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

John Dempsey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was here for a week during a conference for work. The staff were very friendly right from the start-especially Adam, who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my stay was comfortable (he asked if I would need any extra shampoo, pillows etc before I even went to my room) The food was just okay, the prices were astronomical for what they served-but the room was always clean, the bed was comfy and clean, and the staff were quick to address my needs i.e. extra towels, directions to pool/gym etc

Overall I would recommmend this hotel for business minded indivduals who are looking for a quiet reliable experience close to the convention center

Room Tip: request rooms non smoking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us. We are very happy to be able to share your thoughts and praise with Adam. Stories of warm welcomes and attention to detail such as yours are an inspiration to all of us at the Renaissance Las Vegas.

We truly hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hotel is clean, great beds and bedding. Monorail is right out front of the hotel and very convenient! Staff was very nice and accomodating. Bathrooms are really nice with the separate shower and bath. Really happy with my stay here :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so happy to learn that you have so many positive things to say about our hotel, our convenient location and especially our wonderful staff! Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

One of the best Marriott brand experiences I've ever had. Checked in late, and asked for a room with two beds.

Was pleasantly surprised when I was told by the kind person at the front desk that I COULD have a room with 2 beds if I wanted, but they had planned to upgrade me to a VIP suite!

Thanks, Marriott Gold status! This is probably the best (and most unexpected) upgrade I've ever had. Lovely suite, great staff, great facilities. Couldn't be more impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that we made such a positive impression during your stay in Las Vegas. We hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is my second stay at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. I would say the first stay is a good one and as a MR gold member I was upgraded to a standard room at the club level. However, horrible things happened in my second stay here, I was given a room 922 when I checked in the hotel in the evening of 24th Oct. I came into the room and prepared to take a shower in the bath room. Suddenly I found that the shampoo in the bath room was opened and only half of it left inside... Then I found that the bath tub is pretty dirty, I can even see the small dust! please see the pictures attached. I called the hotel front desk and they managed to find another "good room" for me, a odd-shaped room at the corner of 12 floor, just next to the stair and utility room where you can escape when there is fire, and I was waken up by hotel staff's walkie talkie outside my door at 2AM. I heard people are complaining the poor club lounge when the staff checked everyone's room number and surname when we came to the club lounge for breakfast - No bottle water in room, nor in club lounge, you can ask for maximum 2 cans of coke/sprite, that's it... Maybe this is a Premier business hotel, so all these and dirty carpet does not bother this hotel. Gold member is very basic elite member in MR, so I could not complain much. However, right in this corner room I would like to share with you these facts if you plan to stay here. Good luck with this super eco-friendly hotel, be prepared to share everything with our fellow travellers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than perfect. Each of our rooms are to be inspected prior to guest arrivals to ensure cleanliness and that all is in working order. From the condition you stated your room was in, we failed in this instance. We always share positive and negative feedback from TripAdvisor reviews with our ambassadors in order to recognize positive comments and train our staff to eliminate the negative experiences such as yours. Reviews such as this let us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here b/c I hate the smoke and crowds of the strip resorts. This s a good hotel, but fell short in a few areas.

Positives:
Non smoking, non casino
Reasonable rates
New look, modern feel
Nice, clean fitness center
Friendly staff

Negatives:
Travel to strip requires $10 cab each way or a $5 monorail. Monorail stops not convenient to street
When I arrived on Friday night lobby and 2 restaurants were swamped. Private party and more. I couldn't get seated for a meal, only option was room service. Location not close to any other restaurants.music from poolside party was loud even upstairs from my room. The other nights restaurants were not crowded and hotel quiet.
Housekeeping wasn't great, left some trash on floor.
Food very expensive, especially for non resort

Overall, nice hotel. Good choice if not oing to strip too often or if you don't mind all the cab rides. I would stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay with us again. We definitely understand your appreciation for a quiet, non-smoking alternative in Las Vegas and we apologize as it sounds like you were staying with us at one of our peak times. We assure you that not every night is like this and hope your next stay is a wonderful one.

Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here recently for a quick business trip - I would recommend it. Nice, new, clean, large rooms. Good amenities, professional & accommodating service, and a great value.

The room next door turned out to be a loud drunk-fest, but after one call to the front desk the noise stopped within a few minutes. I don't know what the management did, or said, or threatened, and I don't really care. It was taken care of efficiently and without any drama. Good on them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. While we are sorry to learn of the disturbance in the room next to you, we are pleased to hear that we were able to get it taken care of right away for you and you ultimately enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for all of the terrific feedback on so many areas. We’ll definitely be sharing your comments with our staff.

We hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Jeff Mayers

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!