“Nice hotel near the strip and convention center” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #66 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, Nevada
“Nice hotel near the strip and convention center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I found this to be an excellent hotel. It's only a few blocks from the strip (by the Wynn golf course) and right next to the Convention Center. The staff was helpful and the room was very comfortable. They have both valet and self-parking (free) and I never had a problem finding a parking spot. The concierge was friendly and always had time to help. I ate at the Grill 55 and found the hamburger to be outstanding. I've seen other reviews recently that really slammed this hotel and I don't understand why. I never had an issue with the service or the room. This is a great hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received such excellent service from our staff. We are particularly happy to hear you enjoyed your meal in our newest venue – Grill 55.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Tom Xavier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

When I first reserved this room I was only booking for the rate, as it fit what my company allows me to spend. Upon checking in to the hotel I was greeted by Rocky, the valet attendant. He brought all my luggage to the the front desk from the back of my truck without my having to ask. After introducing me to the gentleman at the front desk he told me to find him on the driveway if I needed anything while I was staying. Later that evening, I needed my vehicle and to know how to drive to the restaurant my colleagues were meeting to eat. Rocky asked if the vehicle had a GPS System and if it did was I OK with him programming the navigation for me. Again I didn't even have to ask, but only casually mentioned it when I dropped off my valet ticket. Such a simple gesture was actually very insightfully delievered service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking a few minutes to offer some feedback on your experience with us. We particularly enjoy stories such as yours, as it assures us that we are delivering on our service promises. All of our ambassadors understand that it is the little gestures our guests remember the most about us. We will be sure to share this with Rocky, as he will certainly be happy to hear he positively impacted your stay. Whether your future travel plans to Las Vegas are for business or pleasure, we hope you will choose us to serve you again.

Denver, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Have staid here before and now a second time. Amenities are poor at best and worse now because the Concierge Lounge is closed with no back-up plan for Elite members. There was a convention at the hotel and the public spaces were quite noisy and raucous. The service at the front desk and the Ego Cafe were poor at best. There must be better Marriott properties in this casino town. Look for them instead!

Room Tip: Get on the Wynn Golf Course side for at least some green and view of the Strip properties. Also nea...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Although we were pleased to hear that you have stayed with us in the past, we were disappointed to hear that the service levels you received during this stay were not equal. We apologize for this and are addressing your concerns internally so as to prevent them from happening in the future.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went to Vegas for work, always stay at Marriott when possible, and booked this place on line because it had a nice promotion going - "Summer's Last Hurrah, includes American breakfast for 2 guests daily at Envy, 2 cocktails daily at Adult Milkshakes/Grill 55, based upon availability." Check in was uneventful, and I got to my room, which was not bad, save for a 4 foot tear in the rug and a leaky sink handle. Went to the fitness center (on the second floor behind the elevators - a little hard to find as the only signage is on the door), which was very good - not great, but better than I expected. I tried to collect on my free cocktails and the bartender explained to me that what I could get was one of three different "adult milkshakes" they had on a menu. I'll spare you all the details, but after 22 minutes (I checked the receipt) a couple of very small, frozen solid, "drinks" came from the kitchen. I was a little disappointed, but I can deal with almost anything - until the customer service just went downhill from there. It was like they knew there "free" cocktails was a joke, and both the bartender and the front desk personnel had an attitude that they expected me to complain but they could care less. It was ridiculous, so I just walked away, long before my "drinks" would go through a straw.
This place is right on the monorail, but at least a mile from virtually everything else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay. We take great pride in ensuring that we offer a welcoming and convenient atmosphere, with upscale and comfortable rooms that exceed our guest's expectations. We apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on attention to detail and potential property improvements.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and the room itself was very comfortable, with nice linens and modern decor. The bed is very comfortable. The hotel is very convenient for the convention center but not so for the strip, as we found out. In fact, it's kind of far from the strip. A cab ride would be about $12 one way; the monorail is $5 one way. While the monorail is super close, the rail stops along the strip can be quite far and few between. For example, we wanted to go to the Cosmopolitan, and we got off at the "closest" station which required to us still walk about 6-7 blocks. While this might not be a big deal where you're from, this is in 105 degree heat and with heels if you're going out. There's also the bus which is a little cheaper if you're so inclined.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have so many positive things to say about our hotel and our convenient proximity to the strip.

We hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is smoke and casino free, so you don't have to suffer for cigarlette smell.
It is far from Strip but you can enjoy night view of Wynn and Encore hotel :)
As the hotel is not that big, you can acess to parking lot quickly, I liked it very much.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive review. We are thrilled to learn that you have so many great things to say about our hotel, especially that you enjoyed our nongaming and nonsmoking atmosphere!

We look forward to serving you during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here a couple of years ago and had a terrible experience from start to finish. Gave it another try and this hotel is now one of my favorites. Not only did they upgrade me to a suite, the room was huge, the staff from check-in to turn down service to maid service to concierge service were top notch. We enjoyed the short walk to the monorail and the quiet, uncrowded pool and huge workout room with 3 private shower rooms. The concierge room was pretty darn good and the workers were tremendous. Alex at the front desk was top notch as well. For once, a nice staff, clean hotel, very quiet and very empty. We had a tremendous view of fireworks overlooking the strip for July 4th. Room was huge, my entire party thought the hotel room was tremendous and now is one of my favorites. I will definitely return to this hotel next time in Vegas. Close to the strip and airport and very quiet. Pool was large enough to swim and uncrowded. Enjoyed the TV in the bathroom and the mini-kitchen. I have stayed at many Marriott's around the country and the service level has improved and is now very good at the the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. The hotel even had coin laundry and even offered me free soap.

Only a few minor complaints and that was the pay lobby business center and the awful touch screen airline check-in and local maps and attractions video screen. Way too difficult to use and not user friendly. We got stuck in one of the elevators for a couple of minutes when none of the buttons would work. The elevator later that day was taken off-line for repair.

If you can get a decent rate, you really can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Wynn Golf Course and the strip. Use the monorail, great and easy ac...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

While we are sorry to learn of your frustrations with our touch screen concierge, we are pleased to hear that you had so many other wonderful things to say about your stay. It’s especially terrific to hear that you were willing to give us the chance to turn around your previous experience with us. We enjoy feedback such as yours that applauds our ambassadors and the service they consistently provide. Stories such as these are a glimpse into what we all strive to deliver here at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel on a daily basis. We will also be sure to pass along your great comments about Alex. Surely he will be thrilled to find that he was successful in making your vacation a memorable one.

We hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Tom Xavier

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!