“Last minute new years eve weekend stay..” 5 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #67 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Moreno Valley, California
“Last minute new years eve weekend stay..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Friday morning, Dec. 30th, I decided to take my family to Vegas. Everyone thought I was crazy and everyone told me I could not get a decent room or pay at least $300 a night on a sleezy hotel. Well, I wanted to prove family wrong and was glad I was able to do that with the help of Marriott Rewards Membership. I booked rooms at this hotel the very same day we are checking in for a little over $100 a night, that's gov't employee rate by the way.

Location - 3.5 stars. About few blocks from the strip. Right next to the convention center. Few minutes walk to the monorail system, $12 for an old day pass if you prefer not to drive around town. We used this system to beat the holiday (New Years eve weekend) rush. This hotel is situated in a clean, well lit and safe neighborhood.

Lobby - 4 stars. Spacious with comfortable and updated furnitures. There's a warm, open and inviting feel to it. They have a bar setup in the middle for a quick drink or bite, and a conveniet albeit expensive steakhouse restaurant in the back. There's another small cafe on the right end corner, which is again convenient yet somewhat pricey. I'm one who would pay for convenience sake so the price was not much of an issue to me.

Room - 4 stars. A good size room with clean and updated furnitures, LCD TV w/ gaming system, mini fridge and etc. The bed was comfortable. Sheets top quality. Doubled curtain that keeps the room dark for those who want to sleep in. Sound proofing in our room was also adequate. The bathroom was clean and new. Our bathroom was LIKE-NEW and no molds. Plus, the shower is totally separate from the tub. We never had clogging issue here. In fact, my toddler had a bubble bath in the tub with no issues. The water drained swiftly when unplugged. The tub was shiny clean - I would not let my son have a bubble bath in a dirty tub!

Parking - 5 stars. They have a complimentary valet parking. Very rare to find this kind of complimentary service in any hotel nowadays. Parking usually runs $12-$25/daily. So even if you tip the valet attendants, it's still a steal.

Services - 5 stars. The host/hostess who checked us in was very friendly and professional. There was a lot of people lining up to check in but they were very efficient. They did not look frazzled considering all the guest arriving to check in all at the same time. It was the New Years eve weekend afterall. They look like they have everything under control and they did; gracing us with sincere smiles at the same time. Another rarity nowadays. A big thank you to Mika, who accommodated my request and gave us a room that is overlooking the Vegas strip. So during new years celebration, we just opened the curtain and enjoyed the entire fireworks. We woke up our toddler to experience the fireworks and he was truly ecstatic to see all the lights - without the anxiety of the over blaring/loud sounds.

Pool - 4 stars. Smartly designed outdoor pool (heated) and jacuzzi. I decided to take my son to see their pool area one chilly evening so I bundled him up. However upon entering the poolside, I noted that the temperature seemed nice and warm all over the area, despite it being outdoor. And this is because they have plenty of heatlamps all over the pool area - cleverly placed, I might add. This made the area consistently warm in addition to the heated pool. Had I known this beforehand, I would have had my son and I dip in their pool. But alas, it was our last night and we did not bring any swimwear. Who would have thought to take a toddler swimming in an outdoor pool during winter time. So now, you know...

Another added bonus: This hotel have a NON-SMOKING POLICY and there is no casino in the premises. This can be a disadvantage to others but if you have kids and want a quiet, peaceful hotel in Las Vegas, then this one is definitely for you.

I will definitely be staying here again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Request for a room that's overlooking the Vegas strip...
Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us during New Years at the Renaissance Las Vegas. It is a pleasure to read a review such as yours on Tripadvisor that recognizes so many of the attributes of the hotel that we take great pride in. From being 100% non-smoking and non-gaming, to offering a sophisticated sanctuary from the chaos of “The Strip” for guests such as yourselves, we enjoy offering a different side of Las Vegas. We truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our hotel and express your satisfaction in this forum.

Should you find yourself traveling to Las Vegas in the future, we hope that you do give us the opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Tom Xavier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Comfortable hotel with the standard Renaissance touches (great beds and shampoo!). Rooms have a minifridge which is a plus. Great benefit if free valet parking.... Location is good but off the strip so plan on having to walk or take the rail line to the casinos. Guests are mostly business people attending conferences at the next door convention center. Biggest dissapointment was the lack of the executive lounge on weekends despite the hotel being fully occupied.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor facing Paradise for the best views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We were pleased to learn that you our location and amenities were to your liking. Your enjoyment is important to us and we are happy to be able to provide comforts and conveniences that you value. We are sorry, however, to learn that you were not happy with the hours of operation for our Club Lounge. It is through feedback such as yours that we are made aware of service opportunities.

We truly hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I was met by Ann at the front desk whom treated me with the most professional care i have had by a hotel person in a long time. She did everything to make sure i had what i needed and showed genuine interest in my travels to Las Vegas.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
LasVegan13, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us. We are very happy to be able to share your thoughts and praise with Ann. Stories of warm welcomes and attention to detail such as yours are an inspiration to all of us at the Renaissance Las Vegas.

We truly hope you will choose us when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Prerov, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed at the Renaissance Las Vegas from Jan. 15-22 while working a trade show in town. Arrived late Sunday evening and was able to enjoy a nice quiet drink at the bar from a polite and courteous bar/wait staff. The standard room was large and spacious, featuring a king-sized bed, armchair, ottoman as well as a large computer/writing desk. The hotel is located directly across from the LVCC, but since my convention was at the Sands, the rate was very affordable. Beware, if stayingat the hotel and there is a convention going on at the LVCC, the prices will skyrocket. A few hundred feet away is a Monorail stop, so commuting into the strip was simple. $28 for a three day pass was an ok deal. The Renaissance may be the only hotel in Vegas which is smole and game-free. Also, the Envy Steakhouse on premise, while pricey, has been rated one of the top-5 restaurants in Vegas since its opening in 2006. Finally, a well-equipped fitness center and outdoor pool/seating area (but out of season for my stay) made the Renaissance a very pleasant place to call home-away-from-home for a week.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I Spent 2 nights at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive to all my needs. There was a problem with my reservation and a lady by the name of Ann went out of her way to fix the problem. This made all the difference to my experience and left me with a good feeling. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Perfect business hotel.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I really liked this hotel. It's quite, clean, big and has everything. It has multi story parking. It's not a long drive from the strip .. like 5 to 10 mins. The room and the bathroom are spacious. The room has eveything you need. Beds are great .. standard marriott beds. No complains of anything. The onlyu this is no free wifi which hurts me everytime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
coquitlam, bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Spent three nights at this conveniently located hotel next to the convention centre. Comfortable, clean room with great linens. The view from the 15th floor (looking towards the Wynn), particularly of the sunrise was fabulous. The same floor had a complementary breakfast bar - scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, smoked salmon that was self-serve and constantly restocked. Good service in the lobby bar and the one dinner I had in the restaurant was super.
The pool is small(ish) but set in an enclosed court yard. Given that I was there is January, it kept the area free of the Santa Anna winds. Pleasant enough to sit and read in the sunshine. As a woman travelling solo, I also appreciated the extra security of the restricted elevator access

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!