“Off the strip quality” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, CA
“Off the strip quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at the Renaissance Las Vegas hotel on a Saturday night. We decided to have a bit more peace and quiet away from the strip this time. It also helped that we got a rate below $90 plus a $25 dining credit. This hotel was right next to the LV Convention center and the monorail stop that will easily take you to the strip.

Our room with a king bed was pretty spacious with ample storage. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was also big with a separate tub and shower with complimentary Aveda bath products. The room and bathroom were very clean overall and tastefully decorated in calming colors and modern furniture. The bathroom had a sliding glass door with no lock so this was a privacy issue.

The pool was visible from the lobby. It had plenty of seating but it looked a little small. There was a an Ego cafe with some breakfast options and the The Envy Steakhouse which we didn't have a chance to try. Wi-fi was about $13 and indoor parking at a structure was free. The staff we encountered were all friendly. We would definitely come back here to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently attended a conference in Vegas that took place at a strip hotel. As much as I wanted to enjoy the luxury of the hotel in which the conference was held, I was much more interested in maintaining my Marriott status so I passed up the luxury conference hotel for this one.

I'd heard this was a good hotel so I decided to book 4 nights. It's actually a very good hotel for a business traveler. The concierge leve/lounge was clean and quiet and featured a nice breakfast selection. Regina does a great job of keeping the peace for the morning business travelers looking to grab breakfast. It's important to note that not all Renaissance properties have lounge areas worth talking about.

My room was clean and there was actually a bit of a view of the strip. Aveda amenities and nice towels/robes made for a nice stay. The front desk staff is polite and quick to answer any questions. Carlton the doorman is a hoot! During my last day I left my luggage at the bell desk to head back to the strip. When I returned hours later Carolton quickly retrieved my bags and I was off to the airport within a minutes of pulling up to the front door.

The monorail is a short walk across the convention center parking lot. This proved valuable in terms of quick commutes until one morning I found the entire station shut down due to some sort of problem - the signage posted didn't offer a resolution ETA so I hoofed it back to the hotel to cab it to the strip. Cabs are easy to catch at the hotel as long as there is a conference next door at the convention center. If the convention center is quiet you'll find fewer cabs available to you, which may not make a difference until you need to commute back to the airport.

I'll definitely consider this property again for upcoming Vegas visits.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the airport are better, but the best tip is to travel with Hearos earplugs.
Lansing Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was a nice hotel that is near the convention center. We got on Priceline for 50 a night and was that ever a deal. Rooms nicely decorated as is the hotel itself. The tram is nearby but having a car is necessary if you want to leave the strip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Newer property with great TV and channel selection. Features high end steak house as well as a grab and go bistro. beds comfortable, rooms clean and well serviced.

Only complaint is lack of knowledge and compliance with the Federal American With Disabilities Act. (ADA) Large Burly African American night security/doorman harassed us regarding our service animal, THEN followed to the room and asked to see my and my Service animals ID! Then the evening manager (Andrea Gagliano and Sarah the Supervisor) called at 2 am and DEMANDED to see MY MEDICAL RECORDS even after I informed them they were violating my rights and those under the ADA!!! I would have just left I WAS so upset I did not sleep the entire night which triggered a migraine. Its amazing how ignorance of the Laws makes for a terrible experience. When I informed the front desk rep what happened and she was shocked, she knew those questions are unlawful and said she would tell the GM Tom Xavier . I also asked he contact me. Apparently he knew what happened was wrong and he refused to contact me.

Amazing how bad customer service exacerbates an indecent incident so I would not recommend this property based on the employees.

BTW you can usually get this on priceline for about 60 a night, just choose convention area

Room Tip: all standard rooms are basically the same, you can get city or convention area view
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is a decent hotel located not too far from the Strip and it is on the LV Monorail track at the Convention Center station. The decor is modern - though starting to look a little worn. The rooms are standard Renaissance/Marriott though the televisions/cable seemed to be a little more advanced. The concierge lounge on the top floor has one of the best breakfasts that I have come across.

The reason for the low rating is simple: This hotel does not remove the drinking glasses placed in the guestrooms. The glasses are washed in the bathroom sink with the same spray cleaner used to clean the bathroom by a cleaning person wearing the same rubber gloves he/she was wearing when cleaning the toilet. This is one of the most disgusting of practices in the hotel industry and every time I run into it the property will get a low rating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent visit. We were pleased to hear that you found our atmosphere, location and Club Lounge breakfast to be above average; however, we were disappointed to hear of your concerns as it pertains to the cleanliness of the glasses in your guest room. All of our Housekeeping staff has been trained to meet health code standards in regards to glassware cleaning and we apologize if you felt anything other than this took place during your stay.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

All the best,
Tom Xavier
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Nice hotel, I stayed on the 10th floor and when the room door was closed there was a wind tunnel noise found coming from under the door, I did tell the front desk but they did not seem concerned about my complaint, the bell man and porters are amazing make you feel great Clayton was his name I think.

The hotel is about 25 mins walk from the strip Venitian casino, I booked on priceline and had no choice so felt suckered into this one!!! Just beware!!

• Stayed October 2011
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we fell short of our mutual standards during your stay. Our staff certainly should have been more responsive to your concerns. We will be sharing your feedback, both positive and negative, with the appropriate department heads. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

Should you find yourself traveling to Las Vegas in the future, we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

All the best,
Tom Xavier
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

All the staff made me feel welcome and treated me very well. A shoutout to the bellman, Carlton Stewart.

I would stay here again when I'm in Las Vegas.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!