“great small plates!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“great small plates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to Echo and Rig for New Year's Eve dinner. We made a reservation and sat on the balcony upstairs. It was plenty warm with heat lamps everywhere. We had a few starters (small plates) that were very small, but very good. The crab cake was excellent! The actual meals were good (we had lamp chops and roast chicken) but again, the portions were quite small. We ordered a bottle of wine, which was very nice. Although the portions were small, the whole meal came out to about $100 (not including tip) which wasn't bad for a New Year's Eve dinner. Honestly, I was happy not to be STUFFED at the end of the meal, but I do wish the portions were a bit bigger. We had a great server named Luke, who really knew the menu and was very nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SamMarvin, Manager at Echo and Rig, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
We are delighted that you chose to celebrate the New Year at Echo & Rig. We strive to provide exceptional quality and appreciate your compliments regarding our menu items. We hope to become a tradition, and welcome you back soon.

87% Recommend
“Dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food, drinks and the service was very good, I could not have asked for anything more. I can not wait to back for diner again, i've told some friends about Echo and Rig and are looking forward to trying it. They also serve lunch and I want to try that also.

Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The only thing I don't love is the fact that they don't take reservations. They told us 30 minute wait and it was more like 45, but not a big deal because there was excellent service at the bar. We were a group of five and we ordered two steaks and various small plates. The bavette and wagyu steaks were fantastic. Perfectly seasoned and melt in your mouth. The branzino was delicious. The pork belly (with creamy polenta?) was phenomenal and worth another trip back for alone...crispy outside and creamy goodness inside. The steak tartare was the best I have ever had. Five people ate for $190, which is a crazy good deal. One of our group went back two days later. One of our best meals out in Las Vegas recently. We recently spent twice that at Carnevino, which was a stunning disappointment. Glad to find a great restaurant right here in our own neighborhood.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SamMarvin, Owner at Echo and Rig, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your compliments regarding our menu & staff. It was our pleasure to serve you at our bar and in our restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back to Echo & Rig soon!
“Mangia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food was excellent, the butcher shop is amazing, the only complaint I have is I purchased their home made sausage to take home and cook, it was more like cook a sausage burger, the fat to pork ratio was not good, it need more fat for it to be tasty. fun place for lunch or dinner

Visited December 2013
SamMarvin, Owner at Echo and Rig, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am so glad to see you enjoy both dining with us and visiting our butcher shop. I will certainly utilize your feedback regarding our homemade sausage. Thank you for your feedback!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decent food, but we were treated terribly!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We sent one person in our party arrive at 6:30 PM because this restaurant does not accept reservations. They told this person it would be a 30 minute wait. We all arrived 25 minutes later and then we all waited an additional 45 minutes for a table that we were told would be ready at 7:00 PM. Nobody came to us to explain what was going on. We had to ask the hostess three separate times to find out why everybody else was being seated and we weren't. We were actually told to order a second drink after an hour and 15 minutes because they still weren't ready. I found that comment extremely rude. So because we patronized the restaurant by ordering starter drinks, that means we should be seated later then customers who aren't buying drinks? The manager tried to be helpful, but the hostess dumped the blame on the manager stating that she was given the wrong wait time. I can't stand it when people give excuses and don't apologize for the mistake.
Once we were seated, the service was fine. When we were escorted into the dining hall, they had at least 4 empty tables!!!! I ordered the onion soup and was unimpressed. It was bland and was served in a very shallow and small crock. It wasn't worth the price. The steak however, was excellent. It is a shame, because had the above situation been handled correctly, I would have taken my entire office here for a holiday party. Hopefully the learn from these types of experiences and work on their customer service.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SamMarvin, Owner at Echo and Rig, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that your experience at Echo & Rig was less than satisfactory. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and apologize for missing the mark on this occasion. I will certainly be addressing your review with our team. I hope you will return so we may have the opportunity to restore your affinity for Echo & Rig.