The hotel is cool and in a good location but there were a few things that bug me:
- no doors on the showers (one of those open ones with just a half glass wall)-- it's FREEZING!
- the room doors SLAM shut if you don't hold them-- this is extremely annoying to be in your room hearing other people's door slam
- you can clearly hear the flushing toilets of the rooms around you
I still give the hotel a "very good" rating because of the quality and location-- if you're not in your room much, those things I listed aren't as bothersome. I'm just fascinated that any hotel designer wouldn't pay particular attention to making sure those things didn't happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Industrial chic Downtown Grand Las Vegas is a unique authentic urban hospitality experience; located at Downtown3rd in the heart of downtown Las Vegas. Downtown Grand’s two guest towers (the 18-story Casino Tower and the 26-story Grand Tower) encompass 629 guest rooms and suites ranging in size from 375-1100 square feet. Downtown Grand rooms are designed to set a new standard for downtown Las Vegas, featuring Serta Presidential pillow-top mattresses, HD flat-screen televisions, Wi-Fi, and modern amenities in a refreshingly retro setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Vegas.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.