“This is why I keep coming back here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grandview at Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Grandview at Las Vegas to your Saves list
Grandview at Las Vegas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9940 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Enterprise)   |
Ranked #63 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto
“This is why I keep coming back here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Sure, it's not ON the actual strip (even though it is on the same street as the strip, aka 'Las Vegas BLVD", but even that has its benefits. It's quieter, and you can relax by the pool a lot more. There's more room, since it's a suite, not just a hotel room.

here's the breakdown...
There are 10 buildings in the complex, some are older than others. We were in the Primrose building. The decor theme is "desert sunset". Some people think the decor looks dated, I just think that it looks too matchy-matchy and hotel-ish. I wouldn't decorate my house like that, but when I'm on vacation I don't really care if the curtains are my favorite colour or not. Suite A and B are exactly the same. Each have a full kitchen (stove and oven, fridge, toaster, coffee-maker, all the pots, pans, plates, glasses that you'll need), a pull-out couch that turns into a queen bed in the living room (where you'll also find a TV and DVD player), and a bedroom with a king bed and a jet tub. The washroom has a large shower stall and two sinks. There are also washer and dryer sets in each suite, in a closet by the dining room (which seats 4). You have plenty of towels, and we got small toiletries when we checked in.

This reminds me- after check-in, when we went to get our parking pass, we were asked if we wanted to attend a "presentation" and get cash or show tickets in exchange. We knew they would try to sell us timeshare, but we wanted to see Ka (excellent show, and by attending the presentation we got tickets), and so we went. It took just over an hour. We had breakfast while we were told the details (we weren't interested), and when they figured out that we weren't going to buy anything they just walked off. I thought it was a bit rude of them, but it's not like I wanted to make the experience longer. Of course, you have the option of declining the presentation completely. We knew what we were getting ourselves into, and it was worth it for us.

Internet is available in the rooms, but it's $50 for the week. I didn't want internet anyways, I like to be detached from technology when I'm on vacation. However, if you need to check emails from time to time, keep in mind that there is an internet lounge in the lobby (free), and if you go to IHOP (it's open 24/7) they also have free WiFi. We liked to go there for breakfast or late night dining, and would check whatever we needed on our iPods while we were there.

I recommend a car to fully enjoy the area. There is a shuttle that can take you places, but it's $16 per person per day, so when you do the math, it might end up cheaper and more convenient (the shuttle stops running around midnight). Cabs are very expensive around that area, so I'd try to stay away from them as much as I could.

There is also a casino called South Point across the street. We went there because they have many restaurants (some open even in the middle of the night), and we got a coupon book from Grandview for $20 free slot play, free wine with dinner, etc. On nights where you don't feel like going all the way to the strip, South Point is a good place to kill some time.

We didn't have any issues with the staff, they were all efficient and helpful.

Overall, it was a good vacation and I am going to keep going to the Grandview every time I go to Vegas.

Oh... I forgot to mention that they're planning on building 8 more buildings, so if you decide to go, double-check to make sure construction won't be an issue (noise and all that stuff). Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

1,188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Rome, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Stayed at the Grandview for one month. We were in the Lily building. I have never seen such a clean place! Everything from the grounds to the pool area to the condos were spotless. The staff was very accomodating. I had trouble with our coffee pot, called down, and within minutes someone was at our door with a new one. There is a shuttle service to various places, however, a car is your best bet. The Silverton casino (on the shuttle list) has a HUGE Bass Pro shop, which you could spend hours in! it has something for women, men, and children. It has displays of life-size animals in their habitat! This is right in the casino. The casino has an awesome buffet on Mondays for $5 !!! Only on Mondays......long line, but really, really worth it!!! We loved our stay at Grandview and are going back again next spring!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Cedar City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I stayed at the Grandview with two of my friend for a girls-only weekend in Vegas. The location is pretty good, certainly not the best part of town but very easy access to the freeway, shopping, and the Strip.
When we first arrived it was well before check-in time, but the lobby was fairly empty and the agents were extremely friendly, helpful and allowed us to check in early.
The sofa bed seemed to be broken and my poor friend felt like she was going to roll off the side all night long, but the bed was simply AMAZING! By far the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever been on.
As for the linens however; YIKES! I really wish I hadn't have looked between the blanket and the sheet because there was hair EVERYWHERE that obviously belonged to none of us. The aforementioned sofa bed was completely bare (not even a mattress protector) and there were no spare linens to be found; we had to get them from the front desk.
There was also a scary moment when we pulled one of the plates out of the cupboard and it had a big, black blob of mystery-gunk on it. Gross.
Bottom line: For the price, it's pretty decent, but you'd think they'd take better care of it being a time-share condo. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

We exchanged our timeshare week for 2 weeks in April/May 2010 at the Grandview through RCI and this is the second time we have stayed there in two years. If you want a place to relax and not be bothered by mega crowds on the Strip, the Grandview is definitely the place to stay. It's clean, very comfortable, within 15 minute drive of the Strip and within steps to a lovely Casino across the road (South Pointe) and 10 minutes from the Airport. We had a two bedroom unit (2 one-bedroom units next to each other with a common vestibule) which worked out perfectly. All units are fully equipped - we especially loved the washer and dryer. Would recommend the Daisy building as it's one of the newest and very nice. Lots of parking spaces available including covered parking.

As for the people who complain about the timeshare sellers - just say NO thank you and walk away. If they follow up with phone calls, just say NO thank you and put the phone down!

We only had one complaint - one evening there was a knock on our inner door. A young couple and a baby were in our vestibule looking for some friends. They had only knocked on the door because they could hear voices inside. I asked them how they had got into our vestibule as the key card to our suite is only supposed to open the main door and our inner door. Apparently the check in clerk had coded their key card to our rooms. I immediately 'phoned down to reception to complain and asked for an explanation, bearing in mind that the couple could easily have opened our door and walked straight into our unit. The clerk at first insisted that the person must have been maid service or a maintenance person. I told him that I knew the difference between a young couple with baby and maid service/maintenance. No explanation was offered and the clerk could not have been more bored or uncaring.

On checking out, my husband again mentioned the "unexpected visitors" to our suite and asked to speak to the person in charge of the front desk. This lady (sorry, have forgotten your name) apologized and said she couldn't understand how this error had occured. My husband told her that when I had 'phoned the front desk no-one had cared and no apology had been received from anyone! Apparently the front desk should have immediately implemented a "key check", but again we were never told of the outcome and heard nothing further.

Very upsetting and scary to think that strangers have been given access to your suite and no one could have cared less. Definitely NOT good security.

Apart from that scary episode we had an enjoyable time and will probably stay at Grandview again, but will definitely be buying one of those travel door locks for future visits!!

Cold praries in Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Have stayed here now 3 times. We really like the resort/hotel/timeshare itself. The rooms are decent, the pool/gym are adequate.
However it is a ways south on the strip. If you have a car, no issues, if you don't, kinda sucks. Good or bad depending on how you look at it with being away from the center of the strip action.
We like it, are a mid 30's, and love it as a home base. Can come home after a day of siteseeing/shopping whatever and then go over to the South Point next door to get our gamble or booze on.
positive experience again overall.

One garbage move though is that no wireless internet in rooms. That and the public computers don't allow pdf files to be viewed. So when i wanted to print my airplane tickets and six flags passes, i had to take my laptop down to the room, unplug the internet from the desktop, plug it into mine, etc etc. pain in the butt.
other than that, good times

manchester, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

We stayed for a week at the Grandview in Sept 2009, it is by far the best resort we've stayed in ever.

We stayed in the new building on the 7th floor, the unit was very nice- comfy sofa & bed, large shower, good flat screen TV's in the lounge and bedroom, fully stocked kitchen utensils.

The location is 10mins away from the main area of hotels on the strip which we really liked as the strip can be a bit chaotic and quite intense so we really liked the peace and quiet!

The only downside is that there is no restaurant on site, the large Southpoint hotel next door has loads of food outlets if you didn't want to drive out to somewhere.

we didn't use the pool but we did go for a walkround and it seemed a bit small but it was very quiet with one a couple of people in and plenty of sunloungers.

We were there for a week and didn't get bothered once about the timeshare sales tour which was good.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Port Huron, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We stayed for a week at the Grandview last year - loved it and went back for a week this year. PEOPLE, PEOPLE - if you don't want to do the timeshare speal - DON'T! We didn't do it last year - or this year - simply say NO. We own a timeshare at a different location (we traded - RCI) so we were not going to buy another - and we were not bothered either year. Our room was as nice as last year - stayed in Iris Bldg. last year and Lilly Bldg this year. We love South Pointe Casino next door - and you can actually WIN there as compared to the Strip! They have everything there - even a bowling alley - and movie theaters - tequilla nights were a blast - for $2, and $.75 hot dogs. My husband says the waitress's are the hottest ones in Vegas! We own another timeshare in Vegas but continue to use this one everytime! The only thing I would say is that they could upgrade to flat screen TVs and free WiFi would be nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Grandview at Las Vegas? Share your experiences!