“Do Not Purchase a Time Share at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grandview at Las Vegas

You added Grandview at Las Vegas to your Saves list
Grandview at Las Vegas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9940 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Enterprise)   |
Ranked #62 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
NYC
“Do Not Purchase a Time Share at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

We were roped into a sales pitch because of the free gifts that were offered. I have never experienced a hard sell of this intensity before. If you do the math -- and you need a good memory for that because if you don't bite, you can't take the paperwork with you -- the special offer is very misleading -- the monthly payment comparison is a three year payment schedule versus an eight year payment schedule. The interest rate is 17 percent, which is insane. If you go with their special offer, with lower monthly payments over a longer time, we figured you would pay an additional $20,000 over the asking price. Once you have had the hard sell, you get the soft sell before you leave -- $33,000 goes down to $5,000 -- there are only 11 of the cheaper packages left. But I later learned that they make the soft sell offer at the end to everyone. Enjoy the place as a hotel, but don't buy from these crooks. We did get our show tickets and $75.00 vouchers for food or gaming. Avoid the time share pitch like the plague, it is a very bad deal.

Stayed June 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

we stayed here for a week. our daughter (3 year old) and we loved it. we stayed in jasmine (bldg name), and that is brand new! the big pool was great and the jaccuzzi noise that everyone is complaining about was not a distraction at all for us. there are grocery stores within 2 miles, so you can almost get anything. nobody bothered us for the timeshare, but we took it anyways for gambling 125$, that was fun.
very well appointed units, we loved it!
parking was an issue if you reach after 10pm or so, but you can find something always. they are ok with you parking on the streets outside and do monitor them.
the wireless internet worked fine, but has a 10$ fee everyday. the dialup internet did not work somehow. the staff there was always willing to help in any ways possible. we had some electrical issue with the first unit, they changed us the next day.

• Liked — new and clean
  • Disliked — view
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

My husband and I visited Las Vegas last September for our Anniversary, and while visiting the Golden Nugget were talked into attending a presentation at the Grandview. Long story short, we liked what we saw and I returned May 30-June 6 with my mother and aunt to check out what we bought into.
We arrived in Vegas around midnight and upon check in, it turned out that it was in my husbands name (although I had booked the reservation). They asked if they could contact him, which would have been 3 AM at home! The night manager was able to look up our ownership and everything was OK, except that the clerk helping me commented that my "husband" should really add me on....I OWN IT AS MUCH AS HIM!!! A little discriminatory, I thought.
On to our room, it was exactly as the model suite had been. We had a ground floor room in Sage, at our request. Very close to the front desk, the pool, and the walkway to South Pointe. We were supplied with all of the amenities of home, which was great. I found the bed clean and comfortable, the apartment clean and well furnished, and the tub in the bedroom is a nice touch. My only complaint is the floors were dirty...I am not sure that it was the ceramic, I suspect it was the carpet, which looked in need of a good cleaning, or even replacement.
I loved having a washer and dryer in my room, I went home with a suitcase of clean clothes! We didn't take great advantage of the kitchen, but if I was to return with my husband and children, I am sure that I would.
Housekeeping came in mid week and changed the towels and garbage, you can have daily housekeeping at a charge.
I found the pool area beautiful, and not packed like the strip hotel pools. My hope is that as they continue to build, they also build additional pool areas, because pools this size will not accomodate the projected growth of Grandview.
I have read that parking is an issue, we didn't have a car, so I can't comment. I did inquire though, for future visits, and the gentleman at the desk that day told me that a parking garage is being built at the back of the property in the near future. We used the bus system (did not know about the South Point shuttle), and for $5 a day it is unlimited. Being so far from the strip, it is 45 mins - 1 hour to reach the strip.
South Point - WONDERFUL. I left money in many strip casinos that week, but loved South Point. We could come home at a decent time and walk across the street to enjoy slots or bingo. They also have movies and bowling, which is great for families. I enjoyed both the lunch and dinner buffets, and also ate at the Coronado Cafe and the Sandwich shop, and all was good.
I will definitely return to the Grandview.

• Liked — Condo accomodations cheaper than hotel room, SOUTH POINT
  • Disliked — Distance to the Strip
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
maryland75
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I have read previous reviews that stated that the Grandview hassled their guests with efforts to sell them timeshares. That was not my experience. I was asked once, I declined and that was the end of it...

So far as the room goes, it was not elaborate but it was everything that our family wanted. It was very, very clean and had every product you would need including dishwasher soap, razors, coffee etc... All included in the room price.

It was fully furnished. All the comforts of home. It was a very comfortable home type atmosphere. It never felt like a hotel.

The South Point Casino is next door and for my money its one of the best in Las Vegas. The pit bosses still actually comp the players!

The Grandview is for a certain type of Vegas person. You cannot want to be on the "Strip". If thats the kind of action you want, go there because its definitely not at the Grandview. For those of us that try and avoid the "Strip" it is ideal. Very peaceful and very relaxing.

You need a rental car to get around but I think a rental car is desirable anyway, particulariy if you want to go to the outlet mall, avoid taxi fares or go to the dam. We always make a pilgramage to the "Strip" once or twice and need the rental for that too.

Its a great value. Just don' t expect a 5 star hotel. You will have to do a few things for yourself.... like carry your luggage from the parking lot to your room. However, once settled in, you will love it so long as you are not a "strip" junkie. It has, in my judgement, 5 star value and comfort.

Loved my stay and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The feeling of home...
  • Disliked — Early checkout... 10:00 AM
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Let me tell you. I called on the 29 to confirm my reservations and was greeted with a major attitude. I called and the person who answered the phone said "what do you want" I asked about my reservations which were confirmed then had the phone slammed down. I don't even know who the person was. Once there we checked in and were quickly sent to a "oweners meeting where they tried to sell us a different time share option. They would not take no for an answer. We left telling them we are on vaction and do not plan on spending the whole day with the sales staff. To continue with this annoying visit. We tried to use the washer and stove, both were broke and I was told some one will be up to fix them "NEVER HAPPENED!!!" We were also told since we are owners we are no longer entitled to a welcome gift. Fine but when we asked for an extra wash cloth we were informed that it is 2 per room and we got ours "TWO MY BUTT" I have been to the grandview before and had a nice stay but will not go back again. I prefer the CLIFFS at PEACE CANYON. The staff is more concerned about your visit not their personal life while at work

• Liked — the air conditioner and location to I-15
  • Disliked — The rude service and the inability to take no for an answer
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

We have a timeshare and originaly booked at the Summer Bay Resort off Las Vegas Blvd. After reading the terrible reviews we re-booked (free through RCI) at the Grandview at RCI's Recommendation. We were pleasantly pleased with the re-booking. This place is a Jewel in the Desert. We checked in around 12pm May 24th by Cynthia who quickly became a great friend. We told her we were there for our 10th wedding Anniversary and she never even bothered us about the time share presentation, since we own 4 weeks and are Gold Crown owners there was really no point we can not upgrade any furhter, we own the highest you can get. She was gracious enough to send us an Anniversary basket complete with Champagne, Glasses and various Las Vegas gifts. We never heard any noise from constuction. We did hear a few chairs being moved from the floor above us. We stayed in Lily Bldg. unit 901 A&B. Cynthia also out of her own pocket bought us a gift for our Anniversary. I made a point of complimenting her to her boss who was very nice.

CONS: Floors were dirty! Seems as though they wash with cleaners instead of just plain water on those floors which attracts dirt like a magnet.
Parking was at a minimum and we frequently parked on the street running between the Sout Point and The Grandview, actually made it easier to get to our unit.
Blinds in the bedroom did not close all the way making it very bright in the room. We were so tired every nite we never had a hard time falling asleep.The WalMart was very close so we bought groceries. We rented a car and found it very easy to park at the casinos free and walk to where we wanted. The Southpoint does have a shuttle but only goes to the Mandalay Bay and you have to walk from there. Grandview has one running only on saturday. The Southpoint was great. Buffets were awesome. Sunday brunch was pricey but still cheaper then in town. We made the mistake of going to the Colorodo Grill while there, food was terrible and service was worse. We ended up getting 1/2 our bill taken off. The Primarily Prime rest. was fabulous! Food was cheap (for Vegas) 6 of us for $200 eating Prime Rib that was as large as an average dinner plate and about 3 inches thick! We told someone one day we were org. booked into the Summer Bay Resort and they said that place was a dive, they heard horrible things about it. Told them we were at the Grandview and they said it was one of the nicest timeshares in Las Vegas so we were glad we re-booked!

all in all we were very pleased with the service and rooms we got.

Stayed May 2008
Roseburg,oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

I first started getting on Trip Advisor about 8 months ago. I would read the reviews everyday, and was getting very, very scared and nervous about staying at the Grandview....Everyone was talking about how thin the walls are, outside noise, parking, and rude customer service people.....
What a load of crock!!!!!!!! When we first checked in, the gentleman was very nice and sent us over to get our parking permit, and the other service rep asked us ONE time if we would be interested and we said no, we will let u know if we are and that was that...No pressure at all....
The Bell hop was nice and gave us great insider tips for parking, which was never an issue at all...We got home around 11 most nights and almost always found parking...On the nights we didnt we just parked on the side road, not a big deal people....A little excersice never hurt anyone....
The room was beautiful, big, and felt like home...If we needed something like extra pillows or more garbage bags we called housekeeping and they were there within 5 minutes everytime, with a smile on there face..
We never heard noise coming from any other room, and construction,,,,,never heard that either....
By the way we stayed in the Lily bldg...
We had our two kids with us....One is 16 and the other is 13...They loved it, as did we...
We would highly reccomend this place to anyone who wants to visit Vegas..We will be staying there again next year.....

• Liked — Felt like home....
  • Disliked — Loved everything!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Grandview at Las Vegas? Share your experiences!