“Stay Away!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grandview at Las Vegas

You added Grandview at Las Vegas to your Saves list
Grandview at Las Vegas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9940 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Enterprise)   |
Ranked #62 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ramona, California
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our family had been staying at Grandview for many years. We have enjoyed the rooms, pool, and location in the past. However the quality of the customer service and the basic maintenance and cleanliness of the property has declined to such a low, that we will no longer choose Grandview as our place to stay when we visit Las Vegas.

During our stay in September 2011 there were several issues with our rooms. Light bulbs out, missing sink parts, etc. that we had to get taken care of when we checked in. Then during the stay there was some kind of fire on our floor which triggered the sprinklers and flooded the hall. We were not informed that there was a fire, evacuated, or anything. Then when we asked about the flooding, carpet pulled up, huge loud fans, etc. we were told the fire department had sprayed it down and caused the damage (which the manager denied later, saying it was only the sprinklers). The whole floor began to stink terrible on top of the noise. We were never given the option to move to another floor or building. When we brought this all to the attention of the Front Desk Manager, he apologized and said that the next time we come he will make sure we have a “VIP room” where he would personally make sure everything in the room is perfect and he insisted that an apology gift of a fruit basket (or similar) would await us. When I made my reservation for our next trip in November 2012 I called him and he told me that he couldn’t write down the VIP thing right then and I would have to call when it got closer to the check in date to remind him. Quite a lot of work for me, to get the apology executed. I did as he asked and he said everything would be ready when we came, however, when we got to the rooms there were things missing and dirty and there was no basket. So the “VIP” experience did not happen at all. It was just as bad a before and no efforts were made to make it better for us. When we spoke to the same manager about the issues and the basket he sent someone to fix things (which took a long time out of our vacation) and then said they had “run out” of baskets so we were just going to have to do without. Really? At this point we were ready to say never mind, let’s go somewhere else and never return, but being nice and reasonable people we wanted to give them another chance to make things right.

Our last trip was May 2013. We were expecting at this point that at least two things in the room would be broken, missing, or dirty, but what we encountered was beyond our worst nightmares. Not only was the room filthy with fingerprints, stains, black mold, etc., but all the furniture was banged up, holes in the walls, paint on lamp shades, etc. like there had been no basic maintenance for years. When we went to cook dinner the usual mini salt/pepper was missing and when we called the front desk to have them send one up, they said they don't provide that anymore. So we had to stop cooking and run to the store to buy a large shaker of each, which we had to leave behind since we were flying home. The first night the shower was clogged and it was backing up into the sinks (disgusting). We had to have someone come clean out the drain, and then housekeeping had to come clean up the mess they made in the bathroom. A few days later the toilet would not flush correctly and we had to have another person come fix that. We washed our clothes in the washer machine in the unit prior to flying home and once we got home found there were these greasy looking spots all over everything, front and back. We tried removing the spots and some of the clothes have been ruined. To top it all off there was a dead roach in our room that wasn’t there when we checked in.

On top of the issues with the room, we were lied to and accosted by the sales team. At check in we were told that you wanted people who had not seen the new building to view the new rooms and give feedback in a short verbal survey about what we liked or did not like about the rooms. For doing the survey we would get a coupon for a free lunch buffet and a gift card for the Cosmopolitan. We asked if this was a timeshare thing and were told absolutely not, it was just a short, no time commitment survey. We were interested in seeing the new rooms, especially since we had been having such issues with the current rooms, so we agreed. They took $20 cash to hold our spot, which we thought was weird for a survey. The day of the tour the salesman who picked us up walked us over to the South Point and literally watched us eat our buffet. That was the most unprofessional and creepy thing ever. I guess the goal was to get us to hurry up so we did not enjoy our meal. After that we went over to the Iris building that we were staying in and looked at a model room, not a real room from the new building. These are the same model rooms we have viewed for years from the outside when at the pool, so this obviously was nothing “new”. After that we were taken to the sales office and he started in on the “presentation”. We informed him immediately that this is not what we were here for and we are not interested in a timeshare pitch and we really needed to go because we had made plans, since this was supposed to be a short survey. He apologized, but kept talking. We said it again and he kept talking; we said it again, and he finally went to get a supervisor. The supervisor apologized and told me to write down that we were lied to so they could give it to the manager there, but continued with the sales pitch. We finally told them to stop and we were leaving, enough was enough. We were then late to meeting our family. Instead of getting us out right away, they sent us to a second lady who tried to sell us again. We got real upset and told her to get us out of there now, we needed our $20 back immediately, so we could leave. She sent us out a door to sit and wait while she put our slip under a huge pile of others’ that were already waiting. So again they were stalling to get us out. We were about to start screaming at someone to get the point across, when I got someone’s attention and insisted they give us our money back now. It was a horrible experience; they lied and held us hostage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We understand that customer service is key to being successful in the travel industry and we clearly dropped the ball.Your experience does not reflect the standard of service we pride ourselves on, and we regret you now have such a negative impression of us. Grandview’s General Manager Joe Gonzalez has reached out to you personally to discuss these issues. We hope that you will contact him so that we may have another opportunity to deliver the type of vacation experience that you have continually enjoyed with us in the past.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Studio City, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Quite far from the hustle bustle of the strip. If you don't mind driving the 9 miles....it's just fine. I did. Won't do that again.

Also, while on the plus side my friend and I got a suite.....actually 2 separate suites. I was disappointed that in Vegas it was on the 1st floor....but it was in my opinion given to us because we did not accept the offer of the standard timeshare tour. (Life is too short to be wasted on timeshare presentations people!!). While the suites had everything, TV, etc., the quality of everything was very average. The WiFi was NOT free (until I griped). For some this is probably a great choice. For me it just left something to be desired. I wanted to enjoy things a bit, and didn't feel this was the place for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed to know that we weren’t able to meet all of your expectations. Only six miles from The Strip, our resort is close enough to the excitement of Las Vegas but far enough away to enjoy a relaxing vacation. Arriving guests are offered an opportunity to attend a presentation after they check in with our front desk. Therefore a guest’s unit assignment has no bearing on their decision to attend a presentation. We hope that you will reconsider and allow us to share our hospitality with you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had the best time at Gradview. Everything I needed was in the room. It felt like my home away from home. I will never stay anywhere else when I am in Vegas.

They offer you the chance to take a tour of there new rooms. this includes a free breakfast or lunch and the Southpoint Casino and Hotel next door. Trust me its worth it. They sold me on it!

I didnt bring my children but they have a lot of thing for kids to keep them busy all day.

This is an all around great place.!

Room Tip: The higer you are, the better your view of the strip!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely recommendation! We’re so happy to know that you enjoyed our hospitality at The Grandview at Las Vegas and that you appreciated the value we offer our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in Las Vegas!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a blast here. Met so many people in the pool area during the day to cool off... it's great that it's a bit secluded towards the end of the strip to relax a bit before the nightlife. Awesome activities as well around at the south point

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your 5-star review!. Only a few miles from The Strip, The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort offers a relaxing respite in Las Vegas. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the resort’s amenities and service and we hope to welcome you back to The Grandview on your next vacation.
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at grandview and we absolutely love it. We have been owners here for 6 years and have been coming every 2 years but have now decided to make the trip every year. I was a bit worried that as time went by standards would slip but I'm happy to say standards are still extremely high if not even better. The units are high spec ( we prefer to stay in rosemary) a new tower has been built since our last visit and is near completion so will ask to stay there next time for a change. Owners get free wifi. You will get a good supply of towels for you unit, and also towels are provided at the pool areas, we love the peaceful pool areas and can always get a lounger unlike hotels on the strip where quite often there is a mad scramble to see who can get something to sit on by the pool-not what I want to do on my valued holiday time.
You will need a car if like us you want freedom to do your own thing, I'm surprised some of the reviews are negative regarding the 6 mile distance to strip as this fact is not hidden in the description, we did try the shuttle service once on our first visit not for us tho as takes too long and gets you back too early.
The service from all staff is very good and they all go out of there way to help.
Remember to ask for your voucher book for the south point casino next door-some good offers in it.
Can't wait to visit again next year. Keep up the excellent standards Grandview.

Room Tip: Ask for Rosemary building on a high floor for great mountain views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you for the amazing review! We appreciate you pointing out our amenities that set us apart from other resorts in the area. We’re very thankful for your continuous loyalty to The Grandview at Las Vegas and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you for years to come.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Grandview the last week of May. Anyone with timeshare knows the rooms are very large and there is everything in them, jacuzzi included. What I could not believe was how a place like this could run out of hot water, you would think that they would have a better system for such a big area. If you want to go to the strip, you have two choices, rent a car, or use their shuttle. If you use their shuttle it is $8.00 per person for the day, good deal, but the downfall is that the last one leaves the strip at 1AM to get back to the Grandview. Well if you know Vegas, 1AM is still early and things are just getting going. We went to enjoy all of Vegas and not be controlled by time. So if you are going to be out past 1AM, the shuttle is not for you. All in all not too bad, but not great if you want to be closer to the excitement of Las Vegas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re sorry that we didn’t meet all of your expectations because our goal is to provide an outstanding experience for every guest that chooses to stay with us. The Grandview offers a relaxing respite from the constant excitement of Las Vegas and we hope you’ll give us another chance to exceed your expectations again in the future.
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My cousin and I stayed here the last week of May. We were very fortunate to have the two bedroom suites, which is actually like having two complete units. Had an issue with the hot tub from above us to leak the next day. Called and within minutes Maintenance was on the scene deducted it was a major issue. Within a few minutes more received a call that we would be moving to a VIP unit and they sent over a very nice young man to assist with the move. The first units were great but the second was gorgeous. Newer units, 21st floor wonderful view! The staff was very polite and kind. Having the South Point Casino and resort next door was perfect. Although we do not gamble, there was plenty to do and wonderful places to eat. Pools were great. we did not have a car, but shuttle service was spot on time and took us where we wanted to go. I would advise anyone to try this resort out. Oh yes the most comfortable beds and pillows I have ever slept on!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We love to hear from all our guests, but we especially love it when they tell us they’ve enjoyed their stay! It is inevitable that mechanical issues will occur in a property as large as ours but thankfully we have a great maintenance team to respond to these incidences quickly. Thank you for taking the time to share and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Vegas!

Been to Grandview at Las Vegas? Share your experiences!