“H&H Barbeque Las Vegas, Nevada” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Sulphur, Oklahoma
“H&H Barbeque Las Vegas, Nevada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

On a recent journey out to Las Vegas, I had the good fortune to be in town during the 8th Annual Black Image CultureFest event held on Fremont Street during the period of 23-24 November 2013, and needless to say good food was everywhere. While hanging out at this event I ran into the booth set up by H&H Barbeque of Las Vegas, NV. When I’m thinking about barbeque and southern cooking no less, Las Vegas somehow does not come to mind, a bunch of buffets maybe, and some signature restaurants such as Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace or even a Binion’s Burger, but really not southern food. Now, I have been on Fremont Street during a barbeque event some years back but really have no clue as to what was going on, it may have been the same event, although I will say that it was in the springtime and the weather was still bearable moving into the warmer months, and I had had a few cocktails. Anyway, at this event there was kind of a food court area where numerous vendors were set up selling all kinds of different food, from barbeque, beef jerky (I say beef, I think these people were making jerky out of about anything that appeared to be dead to be honest with you.) shrimp to Creole dishes. I ran across the booth for H&H, the guy had a large smoker shown below all set up and ready to go. This thing was not only for show it was in use as they were actually cooking right there on site.
The menu had a variety of items with all of the usual barbeque fare like brisket, ribs, rib tips, pulled pork and chicken to name a few. The sides were cole slaw, potato salad, fried okra, mac & cheese, pinto beans etc. I ordered up a rib tip dinner that consisted of course some rib tips but 2 sides as well. Now for those who are rib tip challenged let me ‘splain what a rib tip is and how they got that way: A rib tip is what is left over after trimming up some spare ribs for St Louis style ribs, basically some sectioned up breast bone, cartilage (gristle)and some meat, the bottom portion of the ribs. These are smoked up thusly and usually served wet (drenched in sauce).
I had the cole slaw and potato salad; this place kind of gets it, one of the few places I’ve been to that the sides get the same attention as does the meat, the sides are pretty good. My rib tips were boney and gristly, (I knew what I was getting into though) messy and good, potato salad was good and the cole slaw iffy, I have had better. A pretty good meal, I was satisfied, now my wife ordered up their barbeque chicken, okra and mac & cheese, it was outstanding.
The barbeque was smoky and sufficiently cooked, I know that at some of these outdoor gigs or where people are cooking outside of their natural element, the meat can be overcooked or undercooked, but these guys had it down pretty good. The service was friendly and punctual, prices reasonable and serving sizes were generous.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“The best I ever Had. WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went to a Large Vision Business network mixer event at the Suncoast Hotel. There was a section of the mixer with booths with samples on the table. There was aline of people to get something at one of the tables and it was H&H BBQ. WOW. I had a sample and wished the owner had a place in downtown Henderson. So I would not have to drive all the way across town to get the wonderful Barbeque. The menu show that it is a southern style barbeque cafe.

The meat was tender and delicious. there was a large variety of choices. Porks tips to Chicken. I bite and you will be in love.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Be consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The first time I bought a BBQ pork rib dinner with greens, yams and cornbread, it was very good the ribs were moist and tender and the sauce was sweet everything was great, so I decided to try it again, the ribs did not taste like they were cooked that day, the meat was a little hard and my greens were salty so that was a wasted meal and I ended up throwing it out. I will not be going back there, I guess I'll just have to head back over to M&M's

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best BBQ in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We eat at H&H alot of times for lunch during the week while at work. Never have we ever been disappointed with H&H.

Visited November 2012
“Amazing BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Got a groupon for this place & saw the good reviews, so decided to try it for ourselves. We were not disappointed..everything we tried, we loved! It's a smaller establishment with only 2 outside tables and might be overlooked because of this, but I'm thrilled we tried it and will definitely be going back soon!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to H & H Barbeque? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage H & H Barbeque, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.