“Waitress' attitude and Spoiled dinner” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Palm Springs, California
“Waitress' attitude and Spoiled dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

They set us right next to a big group who were drinking and very loud. We asked to sit us somewhere quieter. This is before our meal arrived so the table was still clean. But still the waitress' face turned sour and long. She ended up giving us a new seat in the corner but we didn't like her attitude at all. This is one of their younger waitresses.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved this place! Went there all the time when I lived in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I frequented this place all the time when I lived in Vegas and I use it as my benchmark for all other sushi places.

I loved to sit at the sushi bar and really enjoy the experience. It is always packed and the atmosphere is great.

I cannot wait for my next trip to Vegas so I can head to Sushi Fever!

Minneapolis, MN
“Good value for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Good sushi, but not the best I have had - spicy salmon roll could of been more spicy...Prices are reasonable and the food was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good Japanese Food at Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

The quality of food is very good at an extremely reasonable price. The regular dinner dishes are pretty cheap. Quality of raw fish in sushi is excellent. My mother in law is Japanese from Japan. I, my wife and my brother in law are Japanese from Hawaii. My sister in law is Mexican American. Among us, we have lots of experience eating at Japanese restaurants. Two of us ordered the chirashi sushi (not on menu but a common dish). It is a bowl of sushi rice covered with various items used as sushi neta (the topping on nigiri sushi). This dish cost $25 but was well worth the price. The rice was very good (but a little odd in that it was long grain rice). The toppings were plentiful and of excellent quality especially the salmon and egg. The only disappointment was the use of imitation crab. However that was more than offset by the inclusion of salmon, egg, shiromi (probably tai), maguro and hamachi in big quantity. Two of us had the Geisha Boat at $26 each. It was filled with 2 kinds of maki sushi, teriyaki beef, chicken yakitori, chicken katsu, different kinds of tempura, egg roll, gyoza and sashimi. The quality of the food varied from excellent to good but overall very good and extremely plentiful. You need a healthy appetite to finish the boat. Most of the single entree meals were under $10. I highly recommend this restaurant. Staff was friendly and attentive. It is family oriented as there were a lot of families with children there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Still a locals' favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

The poorly named Sushi Fever on W. Sahara has been my default sushi restaurant for years. Since 2000, I have been a regular, and I can't get enough of Joe's special roll, which is also to be had at I Love Sushi in Henderson (same chef).

Although the somewhat erratic service has in past months made a poor impression on visitors that we take to Sushi Fever, this week the service was solid. We took friends from Salzburg, Austra -- one sushi enthusiast, and one who went for the grilled shrimp -- and they were delighted, especially by the American-sized portions. While one of our friend's entreé, which included both miso soup and salad, arrived all at the same time (as opposed to miso soup first, tasty house salad with ginger dressing second, and entreé third), which made it challenging for him to manage all the delicacies set up on front of him.

My friend Sandra, who doesn't get to eat much good sushi in landlocked Austria, and my husband and I ordered our usual assortment of sushi, with Joe's special ($16) being the centerpiece. It's a large roll with deep-fried prawns and tuna and avocado on top, covered in the place's "special sauce" which is red, very liquid, and delicious (and definitely has some ginger in it). The salmon sushi, the California roll, and the spicy tuna roll were also very fresh and tasty. For dessert, we usually went with just one scoop of green tea ice cream, which cleanses your palate and is a satisfying end to a tasty and healthy dinner. As some Austrian says: we will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere