“Twice is better” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #575 of 3,754 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Komol Thai Restaurant lovingly prepares authentic, MSG-free Thai recipes that have been in the family for over 40 years. We offer the best and largest vegan & vegetarian menu in Las Vegas. You’ll love the vegan Thai iced tea made with coconut milk! Be sure to try our flavorful herbal salad, a unique version of pad Thai made with green papaya instead of noodles or one of our exceptional curry dishes. Come experience why locals and tourists love us!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Twice is better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The first time I visited Komol, the food was so-so but it was also a very busy Friday evening during the middle of Vegas hosting the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). I'm glad I went back, because the second night—without the CES rush—was much better both in atmosphere and in food quality. Not as well known to outsiders as Lotus of Siam (see our other review) the fact is that Komol is equally decorated by those in Las Vegas for its good Thai. To have two world-class restaurants in the same dilapidated strip mall makes one wonder...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneaoplis, MN
“Great of the beaten path Thai! Vegan and Veggie friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is a diamond in the rough! In an oddball strip mall a few blocks of the strip. From the outside it looks a little scary. But don't be fooled, this mall comes to life at night with some of the best asian restaurants in vegas. The food here was great and fresh. My vegan husband loved it, my kids loved it and so did I. Great flavors, very fresh and incredibly busy at 5:30 pm. Worth finding! Plus it's affordable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Decent service; mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I love Thai food and was excited to go to Komol because of the excellent reviews. However, I was disappointed by this restaurant and would not recommend it. The fried crab appetizer was almost soggy with grease; the shrimp panang had only a few small shrimp, virtually no vegtables, and odd seasoning. The best thing I had was the Herbal Salad. All the food was brought a the same time. By the time I got back to the hotel I felt bloated and sick and stayed that way for hours.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great Vegan Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've really found so many gems off the strip, especially when I'm looking for Asian food. Komol is one of those places that if you didn't know it was there, you'd never find it. It's in a sketchy "business park", but safe enough, although you might get propositioned by some fun, vegas characters - if you are visiting from out of town, just think of it as part of the real Vegas experience.

My husband and I are vegan, and we were impressed with the huge offering of good veg. food. We really loved the soups, and then the simple dishes they had as well. Service was fast, and everyone was nice. Definitely a place to check out when you are visiting.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Horrible thai food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are from asia, but not from Thailand, however we have been eating thai food our entire life, the food at komol was just terrible, the beef massam was too sweet the Penang curry was all wrong, the pork was red and undercooked, I k ow this restaurant has been there for a long time and I myself have gone ere 20 years ago but the food was just awful. The worst thai food I have ever had.

• 1 of 5 stars Food