“The ultimate in indulgence and decadence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bally's Sterling Brunch

Bally's Sterling Brunch
3645 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109-4321 (Paradise)
702-967-7999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bally's Sterling Brunch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 3,838 restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise
Dorset
“The ultimate in indulgence and decadence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Bally’s encapsulates the essence of old school Vegas glamour, a rare thing in the modern strip hotels. It’s décor is elegant and traditional, of another time perhaps but it is this sense of departure which makes the experience all the more unique. My husband states with confidence that this was the best meal of his life. For me, little can rival it in terms of indulgence and sheer extravagance, if not in culinary endeavour and finesse.

On arrival we were offered mimosas before being shown to our table and introduced to our server Mario. We enjoyed the best service we have ever received anywhere. Endlessly attentive, our glass was never less than an inch from full with the excellent and endlessly flowing champagne. We were made to feel like long lost friends, given recommendations and generally doted on “shall I take your photo for you”, “drink more –you’re on holiday, it’s free!” - such humour and personality. Mario – you are quite simply, a legend.

Though many might baulk at the $85 pp price tag, this buffet really does constitute a bargain, in terms of what you get for your money. The selection offers a myriad of dishes, the vast majority of which could be considered “luxury” ingredients. During our trip we paid similar money for very mediocre evening meals elsewhere, with significantly less and inferior wine. You could pay $40 elsewhere for the lobster alone, here I saw people with 2 on their plate at once!

The food itself:

While it has to be said we’re no sushi experts, we found the offering here to be excellent, so fresh and vibrant (and one of our personal highlights). The cold seafood selection was a joy, reams of crab, lobster and crevettes, all beautifully prepared and garnished. The oysters were not the best i’ve had and rather too mild for me.

We passed on the omelettes and carved meats but enjoyed a heavenly rack of lamb, meltingly tender and moist. The lobster ravioli was delicious, whilst the snapper, recommended by our waitor, was amongst the most flavoursome fish dishes I’ve ever had.

The food was not, it has to be said, without fault. The poached lobster tails we found to be rubbery and overcooked and the fillet mignon rather too well done for our tastes. Terrible as it may sound though– when there’s this much choice, if one item doesn’t hit the spot, you can just move onto the next (…and the next…and the next!

There was also a huge selection of stunningly presented, exquisitely delicate desserts and patisserie – such flair and attention to detail. The pistachio Crème brulee was quite simply sublime.

On leaving each lady is presented with a rose, a rather lovely touch to bring to a close an experience we won’t forget as long as we live.

• Visited October 2013

80% Recommend
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Perrier Jouet, Lobster & Filet decandent brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I loved the atmosphere and decor here; very old school, classic Vegas which is a contrast to everything gaudy, sleek or modern like much of Vegas. I love the sleek, modern too but for a family brunch this was comfortable, intimate and had character.

Our server couldn't be helpful enough; very attentive, never let glasses go empty and personable. The meat was a little over-cooked for me so the chef cooked mine rare as I requested and brought it to my table which was great service for a buffet.

The buffet isn't huge and piled high with food that would go cold or spoil. Instead, there are small silver platters which are constantly replenished so it;s always hot and fresh; which made me feel a lot better considering this is seafood afterall! If you're looking for a brunch that has EVERYTHING (Italian, Indian, seafood, sushi, chinese), this isn't it. If you're looking for a specific, upscale brunch with great lobster, meat, champagne and service this is for you.

The value depends on what you eat and rink. If you're going to have 1 lobster tail or filet and 1 glass of champagne you'd be better going to an expensive seafood or steak restaurant as it would seem pricey and the food would probably better as they're specializing in that but I prefer to save those restaurants for the evening. However, if you want choice, a fun brunch, a few different items, the novelty of a 'Vegas' buffet with nicer items and a few glasses of quality champagne then this is value for money. I'd definitely take out-of-town guests again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Most Indulgent Brunch of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Wow. This is both the most expensive and most delicious brunch I've ever had. To me, if you're going to be in Vegas and have fun then it's worth paying $85-90 for this brunch. The most important factor is that all the food was actually great quality and constantly refreshed, which is not the case for many Vegas buffets. The Perrier Jouet champagne flowed constantly throughout the 2 hours we spent there. Lobster tails, to die for Prime Rib, Caviar, Raw Bar, Eggs Benedict (with properly poached eggs despite sitting in a buffet chafing dish!), crispy bacon, lobster ravioli, amazing desserts, really everything was absolutely delicious. I was a bit nervous as Bally's is overall kind of run down and the restaurant itself is a bit drab, but the food and the friendly service made it worth every penny to do this splurge.

Visited December 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Four of us went for brunch and were immediately handed a glass of champagne while waiting to be seated. This has to be the best buffet brunch in Vegas, the choice was superb and the food constantly being replenished. The lobster was succulent and all dishes well prepared. The steak was in a sauce and well done, we asked if their was any rare beef and the chef prepared and the meat delivered to our table, the lamb was also cooked perfectly with the option of well cooked or pink the way I like it.
The whole time Duff our wine waiter kept our glasses topped up with champagne.
Although some may feel this is an expensive brunch I probably drank the cost in champagne and had a free meal.
Looking forward to going again on my next trip in October.

• Visited December 2013
Denver
“Great food again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We started going to the Brunch many years ago and when going through Vegas or traveling there, we always try to coordinate our plans to include the Sunday Brunch. The table space has expanded and the area for the buffet food tables is now in an area just off the restaurant's seating area. What can I say but, WOW! If you haven't eaten here, you have to just once. It is worth it. The only thing I miss is the traditional Eggs Benedict. If you like lobster tail, eat all you want, same with filet mignon. The staff is great and your Champaign glass will never be empty. Cheers to Bally’s and Harrah’s Corp for keeping this great Las Vegas tradition going. May it never end!

• Visited November 2013