“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 3,754 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo & Jones
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

We go to Las Vegas once or twice a year. We have been talking about trying this restaurant for at least two years. We arrived early for dinner mid-week. Only a few tables were occupied, but that changed by 5:30...they were packed. The food was wonderful. I had the Shrimp Scampi which had the most wonderful sauce to season the pasta. My husband had a seafood combo over pasta that he raved about all nite. The service was wonderful. This is a family owned and run restaurant and sometimes it becomes a bit loud since everyone is commnicating. The atmosphere is casual. There were people there in shorts and there were those who stopped directly from work. Go and have a good time!!!

Rochester Hills, MI
“The real 'Italian' deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

I love Nora's. I don't understand the negative reviews given by some of these folks. Do these people have an axe to grind? Walking in with their noses bent-out-of-shape and or having a short-fuse will dig you into the 'soup' even further. Make no mistake about it, this is NOT a 5-star restaurant in NYC or Paris. This is Nora's -- it's akin to eating in grandma's kitchen. Yes, they are busy; it is crowded for good reason -- food excellence and low prices. Yes, it is in a non-descript strip mall, furnished with older tables & chairs and decorated simply, etc. Accept this -- it defines the "Nora's Experience". Go there for the food. If you want 5-star cruisine or a quiet candle-lit experience, go to someother place on the strip, and pay 3 or 4 times more for just another anticeptic 'fine-dining' experience -- they're a dime-a-dozen. I am reluctant to tell my friends about this joint, in fear that word of mouth will ruin it -- make it too hard to get into and/or raise prices. Simply put, Nora's has great, authentic Italian crusine at a super-fair price -- WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE. A word of caution to MR. 5-star BIg-City Slicker when in LV stick to the strip celebrity hotels and over-pay for your fine dining experiece and get mediorcre to good food. Artie D from Rochester Hills, MI.

New York City
“Rude, rude, rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

We went there on a weeknight and was told the wait would be 30 minutes. After waiting for about 20 minutes we were led to a small uncomfortable table way in the back by the kitchen doors. The space was barely big enough for us to stand let alone sit! There was so much activity back there that it was truly impossible to have any kind of enjoyable dining experience. After declining this 'table', we were greeted with attitude, as if we should be honored to have a table at all when it should be us that should have been offended. After finding our own way to the bar, we decided to sit there and wait it out. The bartender must have thought we were invisible because it took him about 15 minutes to ask what we wanted and then it was without any kind of greeting at all. We asked him for a juice cocktail without ice and he gave us a mound of ice with a splash of juice. I asked him for some chips which I saw were offered for some other bar patrons. He gave me a inaudible answer which we assumed was no. I then answered that we see other parts of the bar that had some and he mumbled something to the effect that he was going to check. Another 15 minutes went by-nothing. He did not even bother to ask if I wanted another sangria which was clearly finished since I started to eat the ice due to starvation. He never returned with the chips nor an answer nor any kind of apology. I saw the approaching hostess and stopped her to ask where we were in the line and she said very rudely because we chose not to sit at that 'table' in the back it would be another 15 to 30 minutes...mind you it's been about 45 minutes since we walked in. We asked about several tables that remained empty in the bar area and she said it was reserved and that if the party did not show up there would be another reservation for it and she would not be able to give it to us. She was extremely rude and had a take it or leave it attitude. This was not warranted. This is not Babbo in NY, this is a small italian restaurant in a Las Vegas strip mall. Never did she apologize for us waiting. She continually sat people down who walked in. She continued to ignore us, along with the bartender. Needless to say, we walked out after waiting for over an hour and being treated like unwanted customers. With an attitude like the hostesses, they should not be in the front line greeting and seating customers. They are poorly skilled in both and give a bad impression of the whole establishment. No food, no matter how good (which remains to be seen from us since we never got a chance to taste it) is worth that kind of treatment.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Italian besides moms homemade sauce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

I love Nora's. This place has been my favorite in this entire city for the past 10 years. I have tried several places on and off the strip and have never been completely satisfied...that is until i visited Nora's.

Although this is a bit off the beaten track, its well worth a visit. The service is outstanding, the food is well above outstanding, and the live entertainment on the weekends is fantastic also.

I promise you wont be disappointed...and this is coming from an 18 year Vegas native and true Italian gal.

Covington, GA
“My BEST Las Vegas experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

Welcoming, family atmosphere. My wife and I were visiting in Lost Wages and a dear friend from the area whom we had not seen for nearly a decade joined us at Nora's. We sat near the kitchen - watched the entire spectacle and heard all the staff comments. FANTASTIC food. GREAT service. WONDERFUL pasta dishes. GREAT dessert - not bland, not anything less than GREAT. All at a most reasonable price. The three of us had cocktails, full dinners, desserts and after-dinner coffee, all for less than $100. Amazing. I'm not sure what those reviewers who blasted this place have against value, but in my book this is a FANTASTIC dining experience. This from an old Georgia boy who doesn't stand on ceremony, just appreciates good food and great service at a fair price. I highly recommend Nora's to anyone visiting Los Vegas who wishes to escape "the strip" and find a great local dining establishment.