“Lovely Old Style Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
202 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5606 (Downtown)
+1 702-385-4011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 4,028 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Old Style Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We go here every time we visit Las Vegas, it is just great. When you find it, it's not easy tucked away in The Four Queens casino. It's worth it. The food is great. Martinis are huge and very, very dry. It is a very nostalgic place, I feel the rat pack are just about to enter the place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas
“Old Vegas Baby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Walking through The Four Queens is walking through History. Then walking down the steps into Hugo's is taking a step back in time to the 70's or earlier. I started coming here in my 20's and I just turned 57. The place hasn't changed too much. The ladies are still presented with a red rose while being seated. The atmosphere is dark and masculine. Reminiscent of old steak houses.
They no longer do the tableside salad like they use to. No more raw eggs with the Caesar Salad. Everything is already prepared, but it's still a nice presentation. There is a complimentary bottle of water, the salad is included in the price as is potatoes and a vegetable. Most restaurants charge al a carte for these, so it's a nice touch. Then there is a small dessert trio which is also included, nice touch again.
Dinner was nice, however my ribeye was undercooked and I had to send it back. If you like your steaks medium rare, ask for medium rare +or ++. My companion had a filet cooked medium rare and hers was fine. I think they have trouble with the thinner meat cuts. The taste of the steaks were good, no complaints. I prefer Joe's Stonecrab at Caesars Palace, but we were seeing the play Billy Elliot and didn't want to fight traffic on the Strip.I mentioned our plans and the wait staff was accommodating.
We had a basic bottle of Franciscan wine costing around $40+. I go to Napa, Sonoma, Washington and other wine areas and I found Hugo's wine prices fairly high, but its Vegas.
All in all, I found the experience to be a little above average. I would go back, but there are so many excellent restaurants in Vegas. Try Joe's, Capitale Grill or Delmonico's. You can't go wrong.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wouldn't say this is one of the best steak houses in town, we rated it as average for the price, I believe a better deal can be had elsewhere. The fine dinning atmosphere and ambience where there but the entrees we had didn't measure up. We started with the lobster bisque and it was good, the salad made table side was nice but the salad average. I had the New York strip although cooked medium as ordered did not seem like a top grade cut, my lady friend the lobster which she said we a little above average. The diners came with garlic mashed potatoes which were just ok and sauteed vegetables that were done pretty well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Second and definitely not the last time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Absolutely love this place. The food is great. The service and atmosphere is like no other. We were brought the wrong bottle of sparkling wine, which after a few pre drinks I was oblivious to. But the one we had was still great and were not bothered by it, I'm sure the Sommelier misheard me,
Amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Welland, Canada
“Favorite restaraunt in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We can't wait to go back to Vegas to go to Hugo Cellars. Have been 3 times so far. Love the service, the tableside salad cart, incredible meal, and fun to hit Freemont Street before heading to dinner.

Visited October 2012