“Amazing - ready to go back already!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
202 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5606 (Downtown)
702-385-4011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,849 restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Houston, TX
“Amazing - ready to go back already!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

My husband and I were completely impressed from beginning to end. Hugo's is a dining experience, not just a meal. They greet all the women with roses when they walk in the door, and they end the evening with chocolate-covered strawberries, apricots and figs with fresh whipped cream.

The service is spectacular, the food is incredible, and the atmosphere is very romantic. In fact, I think we had the same table that "nighthawk" mentioned; but we found it quite cozy. I guess it's whatever you prefer.

85% Recommend
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Not a pleasant experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

We have been to Hugo's Cellar on two previous trips to Las Vegas and were quite impressed with the service, the menu and the marvelous presentations. Unfortunately, our third visit was not pleasurable. Although a reservation was made well in advance, my wife and I were seated at a small table in a rear nook next to a serving area and immediately adjacent to another table squeezed into the nook. On previous visits, we were seated in comfortable booths in the front area where there are dividers between the booths and some degree of privacy, and where the whole evening was exceedingly enjoyable. No so this time. Shortly after we were seated, I detected an onerous smell and mentioned it to my wife. She said they are preparing garlic at tableside nearby. I am allergic to the smell of garlic and this was really pungent. We never experienced this before at Hugo's. They must have a new chef or new menu selections that now include tableside garlic preparation. Before I became further nauseated, I asked to be seated elsewhere. My wife remained at the table and I was told by a gentleman apparently in charge that I could wait in the bar area, where the odor was not present as it is near the entrance. After a lengthy wait, with no word to my wife as to what arrangements were being made or where I was, we were finally seated at another table which appeared to be vacant the whole time I waited. Unfortunately, it was next to a group of loud, mouthy convention goers who spoiled the rest of the evening, to say nothing of more garlic being prepared tableside with the resulting unpleasant wafting aroma. Why can't they prepare smelly stuff in the kitchen? The hostess commented to my wife that she has told them the odor is too strong. We did not experience this in our previous dining at Hugo's. If you go, and are sensitive to garlic odor, ask for the front room, where fresh air filters down the stairway from above. Otherwise, the massive salad prepared tableside was outstanding, as always, and my wife's fillet was perfect. My scallops, however were disappointing as they were not the usual tender one's I have had before, though a huge helping and sizeable. Hugo's prices are in line with other fine restaurants and I have highly recommended them in the past. They've just got to forget about preparing pungent foods tableside and keep the odors in the kitchen where they can be exhausted, instead of the dining areas where some patrons can be nauseated. If you love garlic, you'll love Hugo's current presentations. If not, dine elsewhere, at least until they exhibit some consideration for those who don't.

Northwest Indiana
“Great Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

Our party of eight people where completely satisfied with the service and the food. From the minute we walked in we knew our choice was the right one.

Ontario
“I hope it never changes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

An older gentleman in the airport told me about Hugo's over 20 years ago on our first trip to Vegas. We took his advice and have enjoyed it every time we have visited Vegas since! We have taken our closest friends and our business acquaintances and not one has been disappointed. I am looking forward to our next visit the last week of May/08. From the red rose to the desserts, we have enjoyed every moment!

Northern California
“Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

What an amazing dining experience! The service is impeccable.
Food delicious. We ordered the seafood on ice as an appetizer,
which made for too much food, but fresh and tasty! With the advice of the wine server, had a wonderful bottle.
Where else can one give the salad kudos! Romantic old style Vegas atmosphere. Read the other positive reviews and believe them! Just have to put in our two cents for a positive review!

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hugo's Cellar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.