“HUGO'S CELLAR IS LAS VEGAS!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hugo's Cellar

Hugo's Cellar
202 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5606 (Downtown)
+1 702-385-4011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,836 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Boston, MA
“HUGO'S CELLAR IS LAS VEGAS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Have been going to Vegas for 15 years now. Thinking back I have probably been to Hugo's a minimum of 15 times. From the first visit I knew this joint was special! From the ladies that great you to the bus boys that fill your water,Hugo's is a 5 star experience. The steaks are great and the Duck is to die for. The salads that are made table side are the finest that I have ever had. The service is impeccable. Victor and Vince have been serving my guests and I forever and they are like part of the family. Our last trip was in march for my sons 21st birthday. At the end of the meal they had they kitchen make up a special birthday treat for my son which came out on a platter in which the pastry chef personalized for my son. It is not a trip to vegas without going to Hugo's. Next time there request Victor and Vince and tell them Jimmy T from Boston sent you.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

An old school grille house that still does everything right. Best meal in a long time. If you want to impress your woman, take her there. Grab a room downtown and have fun.

Visited May 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Vegas Personified”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Hugos is the best example of outstanding service, old Vegas charm, good food, and good value (by Vegas standards) all meeting to form a great dining experience that always leaves me wanting to come back for my next visit.

First and foremost, the service level has always been outstanding. The wait staff is attentive and willing to assist. Jon, the Sommelier is an absolute joy. First off, he gets huge points for remembering us, but even moreso, he's about the only person that I trust to just go get me wine based on a conversation of what I've been drinking, what he knows I like, and what he knows he has. I only look at the wine list at Hugo's to pass the time until Jon gets to the table. In the ultimate compliment, I purchased the two wines (one champagne, one pinot noir) that he suggested once I got home for the personal cellar. That may not sound like a big deal, but that doesn't happen with me (read my other reviews - total wine snob!).

The food, well, it's quite good. Recently they moved to all prime, which is good, as previously the filets were choice. We always like our food at Hugos, but love the experience, which is really what you're paying for anyway. The atmosphere, well it's dark, a little dingy, and well frankly, that's the charm. It's in the basement of the Four Queens below a $9.95 for prime rib joint - and that's why I like it even more.

My only negative, they will not serve the Kona coffee on Saturday nights. Listen, I know it's busy, and I respect that the Kona coffee isn't a high margin item, but I had spent over $400 for two people... I'm thinking that you should be a bit smarter with that decision.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, TX
“Hugo's Does It Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Hugo's never ceases to impress me every time I return. This time it was with my husband and two of his golfing buddies. The service, food, and special touches made this dining experience continue to be one of the finest we have experienced. The Manager and his great team makes everything PERFECT.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roseville, California
“Stuffy and over rated.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I once thought this restaurant was quite special. The food was good and the experience was unique. I had an awful dinner with friends one evening, the service was terrible, we were basically neglected. The sommelier was rude and condesending. I was so dissappointed I wrote a letter. They responded by giving me 10% off of my hotel room for my next trip (at the 4 Queens). Not exactly what I was expecting after a $600 dinner tab. I wouldn't return. Vic and Anthony's is far superior.

Visited June 2011

Been to Hugo's Cellar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hugo's Cellar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.