“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
atherton, ca
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed at the Nobu hotel during the Grand Opening weekend. Not that it mattered, because although some of the staff told us excitedly about the special events, it turned out that we were not included in any of them (they were only for "invited guests."). Awkward. In fact, from start to finish, our interactions with the staff were consistent - people were enthusiastic, but unable to deliver. I requested help before arriving there for my birthday weekend on a number of fronts, including reservations at Nobu, which is a stated "perk" of staying at the hotel. I kept receiving emails that I had a dinner reservation, and then it was cancelled, until I finally got a message from the concierge that they could not accommodate the time we requested. When I noted that I had made our hotel reservation weeks in advance and requested the dinner reservation at the same time, I finally got the time I originally requested. I received a pre-arrival email, heralding all the wonderful things I could arrange, including special pillows. So I selected Tempurpedic pillows. When it was time for bed, no Tempurpedic pillows, despite the fact that when we checked in, the person checking us in specifically mentioned that he noted we requested special pillows. Since I had gotten my hopes up, I called at bedtime to ask if we could get the requested pillows. The staff enthusiastically brought pillows right away. Just not Tempurpedic ones. Staff is certainly trying, but I did not feel well taken care of, especially compared to other luxury properties in Vegas. One other example - I explained to the concierge that I was coming in a day earlier than my husband for the sole purpose of gambling all day. I asked if they could help me get a special rate anywhere within Caesars for the first night. They came back with a rate that was higher than what Bellagio offered me. When I asked if they would match Bellagio's rate, they said no. That's ok, I just gambled all day Thursday at Bellagio instead of Caesars. Did I mention it was my birthday weekend? Nobu hotel graciously gave me a card signed by the staff. No special amenity in the room. Just a card. So much for luxury.
Enough whining about the lack of professional service. On to the rooms. They were fine. Just fine, not wonderful. I've stayed at most of the hotels in the central strip area, and these were smaller than most, on lower floors with terrible views. These rooms compare with rooms at Paris or lower end rooms at Caesars. They do not compare to rooms at Bellagio or the Wynn properties. Overall, we were disappointed - we did not feel the Nobu hotel offered anything very special. Meanwhile, on the positive side, dinner at Nobu itself was wonderful (check out that review to see that I am not always this grumpy).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
north vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent 4 nights at the hotel in the first week of April. This hotel is great but it is not for everyone. The hotel has a boutique feel because it is quite small and it seems stand alone even though it is located right in the heart of Ceasars Palace. Tiny lobby where check in is very fast. No lineups when I was there so check in was very fast and efficient. If you like spending time in a hotel lobby this is not for you. The building is freshly renovated and I found everything to be of high quality and of great design. The rooms are Japanese style, somewhat spacious and very comfortable. I liked the style a lot but it is not or everyone. Loved the bathroom and the giant sink, open shower and great products. Again there are more tricked out bathrooms in Vegas but I liked the style and simplicity of this one. Greatest strength of this hotel is the staff. Absolutely outstanding . Great service all around at all times. I had some issues with a package delivery my own fault but the assistance I received was outstanding.The pool was a pass for me. Ceasars is just such a massive property that the pool is absolutely packed. Too many rooms for he amount of pool space. Other negative for me is the all too present scam charges. Notably the resort fee of 28.00$. I know they all do it but it is distasteful. I had a company function so I was paying for 3 rooms at Ceasars and 2 at Bally's so these add up and I couldn't even get the wifi working in my room. In recap , great service nice rooms but the small feel ends when you walk out of the elevator as you are in a massive property and you will stand in half hour cab lines just like everyone else. Oh also the most comfortable bed I ever slept in.

Room Tip: Strip facing high floor . Worth the upgrade
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit Nobu for 3 nights and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. First, the staff, from housekeeping to bell to front desk were incredibly professional, detailed,accomodating and friendly; probably the best that I have encountered in Vegas. Second, the location cannot be beat. The hotel elevators are right in the middle of the action in Caesars and the closest to food, entertainment and gambling in all of Caesars. Also easy access to the pool as well. In spite of the location the rooms were incredibly quiet, clean and private. There was no late night noise in the hallways, elevators or through the walls that you hear in other Vegas hotels. Beds were incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was huge and well appointed. For the visitor that wants the action of Vegas but the tranquilty of 4/5 star hotel, Nobu is the perfect spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mequon, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were still part of the soft opening of the hotel. Staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms are large and decorated with a zen contemporary feel. Bathroom is outstanding. The only unfortunate experience was that we needed to wait for our room but we were early (requested early check-in). And the Nobu restaurant at the hotel is outstanding even for the price.

I should highlight that this is a boutique inside of Caesar's There is no lobby just a small check in area but the unique experience starts with your entry into the secured elevators. Location is great - you can leverage all the facilities/amenities of the Caesar complex.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was one of the most dissapointing stays in a long time. In this price range you can expect a beautiful room, outstanding service and great amenities.

Let's start with the good things at Nobu. The rooms are good and have nice details and the bed is really, really great. To be honest, one of the best beds I have ever slept on (if it wouldn't have been for the constant noise from the nightclub..)

But the service was HORRIBLE. I had to wait 4 hours for my room to get ready. At Nobu, you can only expect that your room is ready to check in at 4pm - never had this before in my life. My friends, who arrived at 3, got their room directly (strangely enough, since they booked the same room). I had to wait another hour (obviously, my friends had then to wait for me).
Don't expect a relaxed time while you are waiting. Nobu has a tiny front desk, no waiting area or chairs or sofas whatsoever. They do not even have there own rest rooms. It is litteraly in the middle of the Ceasars.
So you pay for an upscale hotel but you end up in a mediocre hotel, because in the end it's the Ceasars with other rooms.

When my room was finally ready, I only wanted to get out there, explore Vegas, see my friends and have fun.
But guess what. It took the staff another 45 minutes to get my carry-on bag (!) to my room.

The Pool and SPA is from Ceasar's and it takes you 10 minutes to get there.

I will not come back. Don't waste your money there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not a big fan of Asian decor because my personal tastes lean toward warm woods and the traditional but our room was super chic and lovely. The service was fantastic. Caesars is a massive place with tons of people everywhere 24/7 but the Nobu feels like a private enclave.
We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette which was great for my DH's corporate needs. Randomly, we had a pool table which was actually put to good use several times. The king bed was comfortable and the linens were classy soft. Great Bathroom with separate shower and large garden tub. The sinks were large enough for preschoolers to think they were in a hot tub. My favorite room feature - the toilet - Asian features with so many ways to spruce up your nether regions a manual would have been a bonus. I think I have become addicted to the heated seat! No! Really! The pool(s) at Caesars are also amazing but if you want to sit on anything with a cushion - there is nominal rental fee which seems a bit silly considering how much it costs to stay here. This was a business trip for my hubby so I tagged along for the perks and it was posh and I felt very perky. There is a lot to do here. Lots of restaurants and an elegant but overpriced spa. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas is certainly true when it comes to your $$$. Regardless, when you leave, you will know you have been to a one of a kind place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Nobu while attending a wedding held at Caesars. Staying at Nobu is like staying at a boutique hotel, yet in the middle of Caesars Palace. The rooms are beautifully appointed, with a Japanese flair. Room service is the star of the show, and fans of the Nobu restaurants will not be disappointed. Service was excellent and personalized. This is my new go to hotel in Vegas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!