“TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED. Not impressed at all. Expect much more from a brand like Nobu.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace

Culinary Empire Package
Ranked #65 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was very excited to stay at the new Nobu Hotel. Unfortunately, Caesars cut every corner imaginable when renovating this old tower into a "new hotel." I expected them to combine 2 old rooms to make a larger room, but that was not the case. The only cool things were the smart key/elevator system that took you to your floor, the large flat screen TV, and the slippers. Sure, it is minimalist Japanese style, but it is very apparent that they did as little as possible. Very apparent from the carpets, door handles, doors, wall switches, and closets. Even the bath amenities were skimped on (apparently, the body lotion is supposed to be very expensive, but unfortunately, it looks generic).

Lines at VIP Diamond check-in were long, so I tried to see if they had one at the "hotel." The desk was more like a restaurant hostess stand (the Nobu restaurant hostess stand next door was much bigger), but added intrigue. Check-in staff were very hip and friendly. Too bad the rooms were awful.

Even with a facelift, you felt like you were in an old tower.

Room Tip: Avoid unless you get a suite. Stay in the Caesars Octavius or Augustus Tower instead.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very peaceful! Thoughtfully designed rooms and excellent service and value! Love the restroom, the robes, and especially all the power chargers!!! Comfy beds, and the turndown service was lovely. Everything was super on point! Plus, I now have a pair of fluffy Japanese sandals - thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 for business. This was a great solution to the normal craziness of the hotels. The tower is close to the entrance, and once you enter the tower, it's completely peaceful. The rooms are nicely setup, with various iphone connectors to both speakers and the TV. The evening turndown service is a nice touch. I needed to extend my stay by one night and they were quick to accommodate me so that I would not have to change rooms.

All in all - a great place, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

we always love staying at Ceasars Palace when in Vegas, but when we heard Nobu was in our favorite place, we had to stay. We liked the fact that it had it's own entrance and set of elevators. it was peaceful and fresh. Our room was nice - strip view - great setup, simple. All the staff members were pleasant. Room Service from the Nobu restaurant made the mornings. Fantastic food!! Oh, step off the elevator and walk right into the Nobu restaurant. Which has great service, food and ambiance. Can use the spa in Caesars too. relaxing all around.....Definitely on list to stay at again.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Nobu hotel for four nights in March in a Hakone suite. We quite liked the property and concept was great. Personally, I do not see the point of coming to vegas and staying at a property that does not have an in house casino. So the idea of a top end property within a larger casino appealed to us. Generally in the past we have been underwhelmed by suites at other vegas properties. The Hakone suite was both large but beautifully designed in an authentic contemporary Japanese style. As other guest have mentioned it was incredibly peaceful but right at the heart of Caesar's Palace. House keeping were great, they did an amazing job everyday.

The only downfall of the hotel was the front desk staff, both our check in and check out were a a complete shambles almost every thing we were told was incorrect (room not ready when promised, transfers not ready on time, several pieces of misinformation, no initiative to solve problems when things went wrong). The front desk staff right through are stay added very little value apart from looking pretty. When you stay at a top end hotel you want things to be seamless and efficient not frustrating. I am sure this will change as the hotel beds in over time but the service was so slow and misinformed that it made a great stay quite average.

Five stars for the hotel and concept 2 stars for the front desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The thing I like most about Nobu hotel is the quietness it offers within the craziness. I remember how one night I was struggling to pass through the crowds in order to get to the entrance - once I got in, I found peace.

Other things I like:

Room - modern, simple, clean but sufficient. Room seems to be more spacious than I thought, good lighting. Comfortable bedding (much better than Augustus Tower's). My room was on floor 80 at an isolated corner so it was very quiet.

Staff - everyone was friendly, happy and very attentive. I like the green tea and Japanese cookie they give you upon check in. Services are faster than other hotel.

Amenities - without having to call service hotline, the hotel has everything I need in place - slippers, toothpaste, water etc. They even have make up remover (i like), night cream (too greasy), shaving cream and razor, hairbands etc. provided in the room.

Things that disappoint:

Room service - I ordered room service for 2 nights out of the 3 nights I stayed, and the food was pretty disappointing to the food I had at other Nobus and Mr. Matsuhisa's original restaurant in LA.

- lobster ceviche: too spicy and sour, can't even taste the lobster. lobster meat was overcooked.
- spicy seafood soup: so-so. taste more like Korean spicy soup. lots of seafood in that soup though.
- nobu's "new-man" ramen: noodles is really just supermarket grade noodles. miso soup base was really blend. topping was abundant.
- yellowtail jalapeno: so-so. it's very simple dish, so what matters is the sashimi's quality, the yellowtail seems dry and not as flavorful - but it's the best dish out of the 4 room service items I ordered.

View - there is no view from the hotel room (my room faces another tower).

I will probably come back again if I need peace and no closeby off-strip hotel is available - I'm not surprised how the food is not as good as other Nobus. The food at other reputable restaurants (e.g. Robuchon, Rao's etc.) in Vegas are worse than other locations I have been to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

All was very good, not over-the-top spectacular, but that was okay. I'm a frequent traveler to Las Vegas, and look for nice accomodations at a fair price. Nobu Hotel was a good fit. The easy access to the hotel; the absence of lines; the outstanding front desk personnel (and I mean really outstanding); the price; the whole of Ceasars with its restaurants, Forum shops, free entry into Pure nightclub, great pool, spa and fitness center; and an attractive room all added up to keep Nobu on my list for future stays. I'm not adding much here about the room and bath area. Nice decor, but the room was a bit small. I did stay in the basic king bed room, and will likely try to get into a suite if I return and if the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Strip. My view was of a building directly opposite--so no view at...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace? Share your experiences!