“home cooking on steriods” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #521 of 3,751 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Twin Falls, Id
“home cooking on steriods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

please trust me on this, you have to try this place once. Our once was 5 years ago, and i bet we have eaten there every time we visit Vegas, sometimes twice a visit. The service does not take a back seat to the excellent food, everyone working is working to make your visit a good one, from the dishwasher to the owner, and alll in between. When your asked about toast, understand you can have warm banana bread, or pumpkin bread also. Absolutely not a bad thing on the menu.

Visited December 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best meal in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Ha! Funny that I spent $200.00 on my thanksgiving brunch at the Bellagio only to find that my $45.00 breakfast here the day after was way better. I don't care for breakfast food so, I ordered the split pea soup & green chili, my son had an omelette & my husband had biscuits & gravy. Everything was to die for! The place is ugly and outdated but irrelevant once you have the food. The service was also great!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Well, tried it twice... Eh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

YES, the omelette's are GIANT and that is the sell of the omelette house. The normal size one is made with 6 eggs and they have a 'baby' size one and then they also have a 12 egg omelette; they are fabulous and cannot get it wrong.

Their sliced fried potatoes comes with French fries too (not intentionally but that just means clean your fry oil. I used to be a fry cook as a kid and I am sure it has not changed much) as obviously it comes out of the same vat. However, they are a touch on the greasy side which can be not so good so salt them and dig through them, you get a lot.

The home made corned beef hash is tasty and the portions are large as well.

However, their coffee is brown hot water. No real flavor. I found myself pondering at first if I wanted to put sugar or something in it. I realized that I drink my coffee black and so came to the conclusion that the coffee was weak at best. I leaned over and asked my wife how is everything and she said the same about the coffee without provocation. I drink other coffee so I am not addicted to Starbucks and so I am not comparing it to them. I believe Circle K coffee is better.

So, do not come here because of the coffee I can say that. You may come here for the eggs and stuff. As far as other comments, I was not visited by bugs at my table and the restaurant was packed by other locals who believe in the success of the place.

There is one up town too but just the same, I do not think I will be back as the novelty was there but now it is gone.

Visited November 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Terrific breakfast spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our nephew who resides in Vegas took us here for breakfast and we definitely plan to visit this restaurant on our next visit to Vegas, Omelette House is a quaint restaurant that specializes in breakfast foods and also lunch. We had the regular size omelettes which are huge and very well done. Tons of choices for the omelettes as well as eggs, pancakes or french toast if you prefer. My husband loved the potatoes which are cooked similar to a chip rather than traditional home fries. You have to try the banana nut bread that comes with your meal-it is so good and the slice is huge-a meals in of itself.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Maybe I should have had the omelette”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stopped here because it came up as one of the better places in LV. Was not impressed. Wife had eggs OE, bac, & potatoes.. I ordered the chicken philly and potato "spuds". Wife said hers was greasy. Mine also. I would have rather had FF but they are not available. My sandwich was not what I expected for a Philly Chicken per the menu or otherwise. Open face on a hot dog bun. Diced chicken, onions,peppers and sliced mushrooms and topped with triangles of cheese. In a proper phillY application, all needs to be sliced, not diced so the customer can play balancing Walenda with the ingredients on the bun. How are you supposed to pick up and eat? Anyhow when done, I noticed a thick coating of grease on the plate. Yuck. I am not the healthiest eater sometimes but that was disgusting.

After reading a few reviews today I should have gone elsewhere. This place needs a make over. Looks like 50 years of existence with old carpets and decorations full of dust. No wonder one crawled up the wall. Would hate to see the kitchen. Does Clark county have a health code grading system for dining establishments?

The service was pretty good and attentive to our table.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Omelette House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Omelette House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.