“late-night snack” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“late-night snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

interesting toppings, decent prices and not too greasy. I really liked it, but as the title states: it was a 3am snack, so...

Visited January 2013

Deep in the hot of Texas
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'd been hearing a lot about this place and had it on my list of places to try while downtown. I got a slice of pepperoni and a drink. I forget how much it came to but it was under $10 for sure. I was torn on how to rate it here. It was better than a 3 but I wasn't really sure on giving it a 4.

The pizza was good but I didn't think it was really up to all the hype. The cheese was definitely better than your average by-the-slice place. The staff was pretty much going through the motions but I can't say they did anything wrong. At one point I was hoping to get someone's attention for more napkins but couldn't get anyone to make eye contact.

In fairness, I was there late in the evening and I was the only customer so I probably didn't catch the pizza at its freshest. I was also tired and minorly annoyed over something that had nothing to do with Pop Up Pizza and my mood may have dampened my perceptions.

While I thought it didn't live up to the hype, I would give it another chance and try it again on my next trip. I wouldn't make a huge effort to go out of my way for it but if you're in the area and in the mood for pizza, I'd say give it a try. Let's face it--nothing downtown is all that far from anything else there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“blistery pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If downtown and hungry.....A wonderful treat in a so-so casino, as good a slice as you could possibly get, and a good looking place to boot

Visited November 2012
Boston Area
“Very Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is one of the "buzz" pizza places in Vegas at the current time (the other being "Secret Pizza" at the Cosmopolitan"). It seemed to have stood up to the hype during my visit.

I had wanted to try it but had forgotten until I was checking out the Plaza casino and saw it toward the back. I was hungry so I got 2 slices from the case. The reheated slices were very tasty with a slightly crisp bottom crust.

The service was quick and friendly (I was the only one there at the time so the quickness would be expected). Based on the fact that it didn't seem overly busy, there appeared to be ample seating.

The two tasty slices hit the spot and were exactly what I needed before hitting the casino floor for some more punishment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fontana, California
“Great Pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Pizza here is so good. They have about 6 slices to chose from, or just go with some buddies and share a whole pizza. Their pepperoni and meatball toppings are really good. And to get a whole pizza for under 20 bucks is a steal. Staff is super friendly and always up to suggest food to get.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere