“Don't even think about it!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Circus Circus Manor Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Circus Circus Manor Motor Lodge
2800 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #195 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Mexico City, Mexico
“Don't even think about it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Although you might be tempted by the relative "cheap price" for a Hotel on The Strip, this is certainly NOT an option. Since you set foot on the lobby entrance you get an idea of how low maintenance and old the hotel is, but that is nothing compared to my surprise when we walked all the way to the Manor Motor Lodge, wich isn't even on the Strip. What bothered me the most was not how old and modest it was (I wasn't expecting any luxury at all), what really made me decide to go look for another hotel was the filthyness. Everything, from the rugs that looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in years, to the terrible smells from the dark hallway made me sick. Again, you wouldn't expect anything above comfortable for that price, but I did expect cleanliness from a hotel of the MGM brand.

I couldn't even sleep well (during the only night I dared to stay there only because it was already charged) as the matress was so old it felt like a hammok, completly sunken, which made my back hurt the next morning. The bathroom was decent compared to everything else (no mold or dirtyness), only as old as everything else.

Once you take into consideration the conditions of the stay, the price doesn't look that attractive at all. I can say the Circus Circus is an overpriced 2 stars motel from a highway in the middle of the Strip. You would much rather book in advance at any other hotel and there are good Early Bird deals, slightly higher than the Circus Circus, but so worth it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The rooms are spacious but the furniture was huge , late twentieth century and definitely pre digital. The air conditioner and the toilet fan were archaic and noisy. The bathroom fixtures were really and I mean really oldish. The place needs renovation because it needs to be updated.

So, it is a motel located behind the main Circus Circus property, but it felt like the middle of nowhere. There was a security booth which was never manned and very little staff available in the building. One has to walk for a few minutes to get to the hotel facilities, which is fine in October but definitely intolerable in Summer.

The only redeeming value is the price was a fraction of the rate posted in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

On our first visit to Las Vegas we thought we might make a break of motorhomes and stay in a hotel in Vegas - Circus Circus was the cheapest among the famous ones and we easily booked it.
Arrived there we realized that we were in the Motor Lodge, an annex building looking like a motel. The rooms are tidy but - as everything in that hotel: old. The feeling in the Motor Lodge was not so nice and for the Circus Circus in general it is needed to say that compared to other ressorts in Vegas, you realize that it is one of the oldest and it has not been renovated since long times. The smell of the dust of ages is in there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on 5th October 2013 for 4 nights I cried my eyes out frist night we stayed here .hate how you have to walk thorugh car parks to get to your room to scary for me . The hallway has horrible cover up smell went right in to my lungs, disgusting !no one came into our room to give us clean towels till the 3rd day in the afternoon , but I have to say are maid was very friendly and helpfully by cleaning our room & given us fresh towels . Best thing about the rooms is you have lots of space . The casino is Okay again has a horrible cover up smell but all the facilities we used staff were friendly and helpfully . Stay safe if you use duce bus service up and down the strip I saw pick pockets in action . I wished we paid a little extra and stayed at a better hotel . We Actually Got an extra night in Vegas as our flight was cancelled back to UK we were put up on south point local hotel that was more lovley but away from the strip. Only stay at circus circus as it's the only cheap value hotel on the strip .

• Stayed October 2013
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience in Las Vegas! The overall condition of the hotel is old and crapy, even for a hotel on budget. The hotel staffs were not helpful. The house keeping is absolutely a nightmare! We found a pair of old socks left by the previous customers on the day we checked in! The AC unit was as loud as a chainsaw. The bathtub tap never stops stripping, and was impossible to be completely shut off. It took literally more than a half an hour for the security to come to open doors, when both of our key cards were deactivated for no reason! If you want a nightmare experience in Las Vegas, the hotel would be a great option!

Even if you are looking for a hotel on budget, do not consider this one. There are plenty on the ends of strip which is at or below the price level here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The rooms are too far from the main street.. just as expected in a casino hotel its too crowded and messy. Its a long walk with your luggages and finding your room the next block from the main entrance or the lobby. Not much fun walking back to your room when youve gone shopping in outlets .. too tiring to walk back to rooms.
Room is wide though and spacious enough .. front desk too crowded, concierge doesnt have enough staff to attend to too many guests.
Difficult to find a cab.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at this property from 09/05-09/07/13. I do not consider myself to be extremely fussy, but I do have certain expectations about a property. I expect the place to be safe and secure. Manor B was not. Both nights that I walked in from the outside, the door was not locked.

Another thing I expect is hot water. The first day of my arrival, I went out the evening of 09/05/13 so I had taken a shower first thing on 09/06/13. I was greeted with a cold shower. Not what I was hoping for first thing in the morning. I was out for the day so I decided to shower that evening after that experience. That was a better time to shower because I did have hot water this time.

I had also paid for this hotel in advance. When I arrived, the hotel charged me another $22.28 for services/amenities. I didn't think that this was right and I still don't know what I received from this.

Finally, the location was not 100%. When I got off the bus in the evening, I walked down some street in order to get to the Manor Buiding section, which was across from the main hotel. I did this in order to avoid going through the casino. and crossing the street. The saving grace of this place was that it had two pools, which I enjoyed the first day. In my opinion, three stars is overrated.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!