“Great off-strip location” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #116 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
“Great off-strip location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Las Vegas. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express were welcoming from the start and went out of their way to wash an extra blanket for us when it was needed for the pull out bed. The room accommodated our family of five and was very clean, comfortable and quiet.

The regular shuttle to the strip (every 30mins) meant that we could enjoy the full benefits of the strip, while getting good family accommodation. The breakfast was also good, with plenty of food and a clean and spacious area to eat.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were having a horrible Vegas trip and the Holiday Inn saved us. We originally were booked at the Stratosphere. We were paying $250/nt at the Stratosphere. When we got to the room it was horrible! Very dank, small dim lit bathroom, worn carpet, and bare dirty walls that were paper thin. We cancelled our reservation at the Stratosphere and made a last minute reservation at the Holiday Inn. The rooms were 100% cleaner than the Stratosphere! They had the quality bed, bathroom, furnishings, and sheets you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. We were so relieved and happy that we went here instead. The hotel has a very easy, quick shuttle that runs to the South Strip every hour until 1AM. I prefer this way because you can have your fill of fun and go back to bed in a hotel that is quiet and doesn't smell like smoke! I would stay here again if we go back to Vegas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Astatula, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Although the staff were nice, they seemed overworked and often there was no one available at the front desk for questions. Several times the phone rang continuously while the staff were nowhere to be found. The room was not the cleanest and there were poorly patched tiles in the shower which were still broken. Towels were also dirty.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear RebeccaS409,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We apologize for the disappointment you had with the poor service you received, your room accommodation and the condition of our property. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Breakfast eating area was very clean! The room we were assigned needs some upgrading (stains on carpet and chair). However, the bed was very comfortable. We would stay here again. We did not utilize the shuttle to the Strip as we had a vehicle.

Room Tip: We are Platinum Elite and we did not get a great room so I do not know.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been in Las Vegas for much of the last 14 days, and, while I had been staying for the first 13 days in a fine hotel the old town/downtown section, I decided one day prior to my flight back home that I wanted to stay, for my final night in Vegas, near the airport and near my car rental vendor, so that I would be able to return my rental car quickly and easily and get to the airport easily on Friday morning, the morning of my return flight.

I chose Holiday Inn Express for the stay on my final day in Vegas, in part because I am a Platinum Elite member of Priority Club. So, at about 8:30 AM on Thursday, I called the local phone number for this Holiday property, and inquired if if might be possible for me to reserve a room for that night, but to get a mid-morning check-in, perhaps an hour from then (that is, an hour from the time of my call), because I had chores to run in southern Las Vegas later that morning.

The hotel staffer with whom I spoke asked me for my Priority Club member number so that they could review my account, and, a few seconds after I had given him the number, he told me that they could allow me to reserve a king-sized suite on the 4th floor for a price only a tiny bit above their price for a normal room, and he also advised me that they could give me an immediate check-in, that is, as soon as I could drive to the hotel, they would let me check in. I immediately accepted his offer, and, a bit over an hour later, I was planted in the suite at the Holiday Inn Express.

The hotel struck me as clean and well-maintained, and the suite was fairly spacious, very clean, and best, it even had a built-in refrigerator and also a microwave oven in a little kitchenette alcove. I also happened to notice that this room sports the largest bathroom that I have seen in any hotel, anywhere, in the past 18 years!

One of the first things that impressed me about this hotel is that even though it is located on Russell Rd, and located only about one block from several major local highway arteries (including I-15), very little traffic noise ever reached the room.

By the way, even though my room was located next to a large room used by the housekeeping staff, and located just across the hall from another very large room used by the housekeeping staff for storing laundry and supplies, there was never any noise or bustle from the frequent staff activity in these rooms that was at all noticeable or annoying.

During my relatively short stay here ( a bit less than 24 hours), I found the staff to always helpful, friendly and accommodating.

One last note: even though my large room window looked out on a well-lighted parking lot, I found that the curtains in the window were, when closed, more than adequate at blocking almost all light, and so my room was nice and dark at night, allowing a peaceful night's sleep!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I work for an airline and stay at many hotels. I was here from 10/18/12 through 10/28/12 and everything was perfect which is not usually the case at most hotels I stay. I was supposed to check out on 10/26 however my company extended my stay through the 10/28. The hotel was booked and they wern't sure if they had a room for me beyond 10/26. The staff tried very hard to make this happen and were able to extend my stay and even allow me to remain in the same room. I found the entire staff very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again anytime I'm in the LasVegas area. Thank you Holiday Inn. . . .

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th. floor offer a great view of the "strip" at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good hotel and the staff is great! From breakfast bar staff to the front desk everyone was really nice. The shuttle to the strip was really convenient even though we were only in town for a night. Overall there is nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was exactly what I expect from Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South? Share your experiences!