“Just the basics.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Anaheim, California, United States
“Just the basics.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here with a group of friends for 3 nights in 2 rooms. Our main purpose of travel was to attend the Electric Daisy Carnival 2012.
Staff was excellent, always courteous and willing to go out of their way to assist you. In fact, the service from all the employees was excellent. The property itself seems to hit all the basic necessities when the sole purpose of the room is to sleep. The beds were comfy and had plenty of pillows. The rooms were appropriately sized. Everyone in our party enjoyed their stay. This hotel is perfect for those who do not prioritize the strip in their itinerary. Overall, we will definitely consider this hotel next year for Electric Daisy Carnival 2013.

Special thanks to Nick at the front desk for always accommodating our group's needs. Excellent customer service!

PROS:
- Complimentary breakfast, parking and wi-fi.
- Accommodating front desk staff.

CONS:
- Rooms are dated.
- Slow draining sink and tub in one room. (We did not feel it to be necessary to call an Engineer; it was manageable.)
- Breakfast was only served for a short amount of time.
- No adjoining rooms. (This is not the hotel's fault, but it was tedious have to jump from room to room.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

So we just came from 2 other holiday inn for Labor day weekend, and those were great and ok. When I went in to check in, just say the front desk girl is arguing with 3 other people. After the little 1 minute show, I got my check in. I DID NOT received the my PC welcome like the other 2 place did, the front desk girl did not want to talk to me, and a bit rude. Here is the best part, She PUT US IN A ROOM IN FRONT OF PUBLIC RESTROOM. I went back to ask if we can get a different room, She said nope, we're all BOOKED. This hotel should not have holiday Inn name on it at all. Only Reason I give 2 star was because the shuttle service, and they got a pool.

PS: The room had some smell..........., Pancake machine broken, Only other thing nice, is the guy in charge the next morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Travelbabyboy,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Member and taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am pleased that you found our shuttle service good enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced at check in. I will follow up with the front desk staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed one(1) night at the Holiday Inn Express(5760 Polaris Ave) in Las Vegas and needless to say this will be the last stay at this hotel ever.
The rooms were dingy, there wasn't sufficient lightning in the rooms or hallway, found few bugs in our room and most of all the carpets looked dirty and the general decor was just poor.

For the price we paid, we were expecting much, much better rooms. The hotel is far away from the Strip and you'll need to take a cab or the hotel shuttle.

Overall, unless you can't find a room in Vegas, stay here otherwise, you have better alternatives.

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors - this will keep the crawling bugs away.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Tampaite,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not able to enjoy your overall stay with us. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. Though I would prefer you had a better
experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not bad, but walls were a little thin. Decor was decent and due to time restrictions, I was not able to utilize the pool or workout rooms. Staff was nice and would stay at in the future. Breakfast decent, as it had the typical Holiday Inn Express items, but they were a tad cold. Since I got to the eating area later in the morning, I was not counting on hot food or anything left, but was pleasantly suprised, so not complaining!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel on August 7. It is a great place to stay. The breakfast is wonderful. The rooms are very nice and the hotel was extremely clean. There are only 2 reasons I do not give it 5 stars. The first is that there was a fairly good amount of leafy debris in the pool along with numerous bugs which made swimming very unpleasant. The other reason is that they told us that they provide free shuttle service to the Mandelay Bay hotel. We had gone out to dinner and decided to come back to the hotel and take advantage of the free shuttle service rather than drive ourselves. Unfortunately they do not tell you that you are going to be dropped off at the Mandelay Bay Convention Center which is quite a long walk over to the casino area...approximately 10-15 minute walk through the convention center and then through the hotel which are connected. This would not have been a problem for us but we had other family members with us one of whom was unable to walk long distances. They were not able to walk that far and actually had to turn back and then wait for the next shuttle to take them back to the hotel. Had we known we were going to be dropped off so far away from the casino area we would have driven ourselves there and valet parked. Other than those two things this is an excellent hotel and very close to the airport. I highly recommend it if you do not care about the pool and do not plan to use the free shuttle to get to the Mandelay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The first hotel I had in many years that the room did not smell cigarette smoke. I have a very bad reaction to cigarette smoke such as nose bleed, therefore, I have to make sure that the room is truly non-smoking not the one being sprayed on to get rid of the smell or smoke. I have been to different hotels from 3,4,5 and 5 and a half stars hotels. Most of them even the 5 stars caused me severe nose bleeds. I had stayed in Holiday inn before and was not happy in terms of smoke smell in the room. But this time, after a long drive, unexpectedly decided to rest in Las Vegas for a night. We had called several good hotels in the area but none that can accommodate 5 people in one room except this Holiday Inn. Wow..to my surprise as soon as I walked in the room, it feels and smells like my own room at home. First time in a very long time woke up in a hotel room with no nose bleed. Instead a feeling of freshness and energized ready to tackle my day...Thank you Holiday inn. Oh...they also have complimentary breakfast including eggs and bacon...I would pay more for this room next time.

Eureka, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a family emergency and needed a hotel in Vegas at 3AM. Front desk was able to get us a room. I usually stay at HI express and this one was much like the other ones. I did get a platnum upgrade and the room was nice. Hotel could use a better cleaning in my opinion but it was more than fine for our short stay. Staff was excellent and location off the strip is nice. Wife is unable to wak the long dstances that the big casinos demand so this was a nice alternative. Parking was a breeze and getting in and out of the hotel parking lot was pretty easy. Location is very convienent. Air conditioner worked great but was noisy as heck, might be time for the hotel to upgrade to some newer quieter units. But it worked well and that is what really matters in Vegas.

Room Tip: If view matters to you get a view towards the front of the hotel, the back view is deadly boring.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South? Share your experiences!