“very nice rooms, no restaurant or casino” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip

Save Saved
You added Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip to your Saves list
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Suite Deal Upgrade
Ranked #45 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“very nice rooms, no restaurant or casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are attending a convention at the LVCC the location is good at about 5 blocks away. The neighborhood is generally poor and in the older end of the strip (Closed and vacant casino / hotels.) $20.00 cab ride to the heart of the strip. Very nice rooms with full kitchens so if you are planning to save money on dining out and cook at the hotel it's perfect. (you won't find a decent meal on the strip for under $100.00 per person) The Steak House at Circus Circus was very good once you get through the smelly casino.

Room Tip: High in tower two
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property on your most recent stay in Las Vegas. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding location and amenities. We strive to always exceed our guest’s expectations, and will share your comments with the appropriate department heads so they can prevent similar occurrences from taking place in the future. While we may not be centrally located in the heart of the Strip we are conveniently located on the route of the Deuce bus, which runs 24 hours, 7 days a week and taxis readily available located right outside our front door. We do appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Las Vegas. Thank you.

2,188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Turkish first
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were given a deal to review the Hilton Grand Vacation program, the hotel had no bar, no restueant or casino. The continental breakfast they offered us as they tried to sell us a unit amounted to muffins in cellophane wrappers like you buy at a convenience store. Room upgrades were non existent, even though I requested one as a long time diamond member. This experience did not live up to the normal Hilton experience. I was greatly disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property on your most recent stay in Las Vegas. I want to thank you for being a loyal Hilton HHonors member. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding location and amenities. Your feedback is very meaningful to our team, as we believe it is the best way to discover how we can improve ourselves as a property and hospitality team. We realize you have many choices when traveling and hope that you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Las Vegas. Thank you.

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip to Vegas. I had gotten an offer to listen to the vacation ownership option. Well, it was OK as far as facility, I have stayed at better for equal money. It's not where the 'action is' in Vegas and really, that's OK with me as I am passed that. The amenities are fine and the facilities are a bit spendy for me. I didn't take them up on their vacation ownership offer. It wasn't a bad stay but I probably wouldn't stay there again. Too many other options in Vegas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on your most recent stay in Las Vegas. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding location, but am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our amenities while staying with us. We do appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.

Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently had a family reunion which included kids aged 6 to 75. My parents are owners so we frequent this timeshare annually. The poor bellhop had to bring one and a half trolleys up to the 29th floor by himself but he had a great attitude. Workers are friendly and fulfill all our requests with a smile. Since we are a family we like to blend the Vegas experience with day trips to national parks. From this location we've driven to Zion, Death Valley and of course Red Rock. We appreciate the convenience of cooking our own meals whenever we need to. Apparently if you buy up, there is a special elite lounge which serves continental breakfast free to members. We were able to enjoy fresh fruit, coffee, juice, toasted bagels and such.

My favorite part is the multi-jet, extra large shower. The master bedroom jacuzzi is no slouch either, a great luxury after a long day hiking (the strip or a national park). Our modern room was decorated with lively colors and abstract art. There are loads of closets, especially with the two and three bedroom units. The lower lobby filled each aromatic visit with reminders that 'pizza is served here', and 'there is the gym where you can work it off'. I liked that there was a store to purchase essentials that you may have forgotten from home.

Here are the parts that didn't measure up and they are few. Like many hotels, the windows are closed and the air is constantly blowing. The kids had an air mattress next to the window and complained of wind, wind we couldn't turn off. They were buried in their blankets an one ended up nauseated from the cold. He was not himself the next day. Luckily we moved his sleeping area away from the window and he was fine the day after that. The SAME cold air blew into the bathrooms from underneath the door, terribly chilly when stepping out of the shower. I'm guessing it was the intake above the sink that sucked air in. We remedied this with a rolled towel tucked into the bottom of the door. Finally, the bed felt a bit lumpy and uneven. Our heads were lower than our feet but I was too tired every night to lose sleep over it.

Let me just end with a positive note, being on the top floor and enjoying the mountain views are great for seeing the calmer side of Vegas, especially with young eyes around.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better I say.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

As an owner at Hilton Grand Vacation Club in Florida, I expect good quality at these properties. I was not disappointed. I enjoyed the high-floor location, kitchen with laundry, and the one-bedroom suite was the perfect size. 'Loved that it is a non-gaming hotel (no cigarette or cigar smoke. Excellent!) The view wasn't all-that-great (facing the railroad tracks), but I wasn't in the room very often! The property could use a bar/lounge area and more storage space in the kitchen for groceries (but that's just me!). I understand not having a restaurant, since the suites have kitchens; the little cafe-style area was fine for me. Having a shuttle service would certainly have improved my experience on the Strip. Other HGVC properties have a shuttle for a 5-10 mile radius of the hotel. Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much and will return!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the Strip.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just spent two nights at this property for my birthday. It is off the beaten path, the closest monorail stop is closed (old Sahara closed), and it's a taxi $15 taxi ride to anywhere fun. Front desk recommended we buy a bus pass and hop on transit, not something I would do in a nice dress and high heels, or on vacation. As is true with Hilton, they would charge you for air if they could. It takes 20 minutes to print one boarding pass at the business center, unless you want to use one of the 4 faster PC's, at $5 bucks for 5 minutes. Overall, the mini-suite was nice, but the hotel is generic, and too far out of the way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about our resort on your recent visit with us. The monorail stop located behind the Sahara is open. The Sahara Hotel itself is closed for renovation. That property is scheduled to reopen in 1st Quarter 2014. I apologize if the stop was closed for some sort of maintenance issue while you were here. I also apologize about the boarding pass machine. We are looking to upgrade that piece of equipment as it has been giving us trouble lately. We will be placing a sign in the business center that states the front desk would be happy to print all boarding passes complimentary as a backup plan until we correct the problem. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as it helps us in determining what needs to be corrected/changed to better the guest experience.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Starting with Claudia at the front desk for check in to a week later checking out, all 5 stars. The property is new and amazing. Our room suite was very much an exceptional space lavish with granite , flat screens and brand new everything! Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time and book here. Especially if you are members with RCI as my family are.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip? Share your experiences!