“Better than I thought” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip

You added Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip to your Saves list
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
New York, New York, United States
“Better than I thought”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Too be fair, mostly people stay in a Hilton hotel in Vegas because they travel with family or not 21 yet. I'am the later one. This HGV is right on the edge of the strip, but the interior was better than I expected. Overall, not bad at all

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We honeymooned in Las Vegas 21 years ago, staying at Caesar's Palace, because I had to be there on business for several days. We did the usual tourist things, and left with no interest in returning to the glitz and hype of Las Vegas. However, we did leave with an admiration for the the Western environment, notably the Grand Canyon and a pack of burros we chanced to meet on a drive out of Las Vegas, and the local people we came to know.

So, when I pleaded for a break and my wife suggested we return to Las Vegas, "because we honeymooned there", we never considered staying in a casino hotel. We picked this time-share resort because a Washington Post travel article recommended it as a "cheap" alternative and the online reviews were good. Friends who visited Las Vegas a month ago told us they paid half of what we did for time-share lodging in the heart of the casino district. So, if your goal is absolute cheap, you can probably get it, but we doubt you can find anything of the caliber of the Hilton Grand Vacations on the Strip for less money.

We chose a King Bedroom Suite, essentially a one-bedroom apartment with a fold-down couch to accommodate four people, fully furnished with clothes washer/dryer, a full kitchen with dishes and cooking utensils for four, and the finest shower I have ever seen. In fact, I have never been in a hotel built as well as this Hilton on the Strip. This place is kid-hardened as well as kid-friendly.

We were pleased that this Hilton on the Strip is a couple miles North of the main casino district. It is convenient to a good restaurant (see below), a CVS drugstore with surprising wine and spirits bargains, and easy car access to supermarkets, theaters and other attractions. The Strip itself had horrible traffic congestion twice, so make sure you have a GPS unit if you are going to drive. Incidentally, we found local drivers to be far more courteous than those near our home in the Washington, DC area.

This is in fact a resort located within Las Vegas, but not part of the casino Las Vegas. During our week-long stay we found only two venues without slot machines: this resort and a church. In Las Vegas even supermarkets have slot machines.

We found the staff to be extraordinarily competent and helpful, especially the two mechanics who came to our room to explain how stuff works, but confirmed that the best local eatery is the Peppermill, about a half mile away. We also found the concierges to be extraordinarily helpful.

There is an excellent health club with all sorts of machines that I do not use, but my wife enjoyed a lot. I am a swimmer, and was disappointed that the resort has only two shallow pools (max depth of 3.5 feet) that are L-shaped and not really ideal for swimming laps. The pool area is really designed for pool parties, not serious swimmers.

That this is a class place. We were pleasantly surprised not once, but twice, on cost. We reserved for December 19-27 inclusive, with reservations to arrive at the McCarren airport just before midnight on the 19th and depart just before midnight on the 26th. We would in effect be checking in late on the 19th and out very early for the 27th. We agreed to pay a room charge of $97 for all weekdays and $112 for the two weekend days. With taxes we expected to pay $902.72 for the visit, plus $8 per day to self-park our rental car.

The first surprise was that the desk clerk waived the parking fee at check-in because we were staying for a whole week. The second surprise is that the checkout clerk, at 9:30 PM on the 26th, did not charge us for December 27th! That reduced our lodging bill by $108.64. Their posted late-checkout time was 3 PM, so we did not think of asking for this indulgence. As we said, this is a classy place with extraordinarily helpful staff.

Room Tip: Choose based on the amount of space you want to have. There are no bad rooms in this resort.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for your kind words regarding our resort. We try to deliver exceptional service to every guest that enters through the door. I’m glad to hear we were able to not only meet your expectations, but also exceed them in many areas. We will pass along your kind words to the entire team and let them know to keep up the good work. We hope to make HGV on the Las Vegas Strip your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Las Vegas! Please let us know when you plan your next visit so we can make sure everything is perfect prior to arrival.

Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Hilton Grand Vacations "On the strip" only indicates that it's on Las Vegas Blvd, but this place isn't near anything. If you're going to Vegas, and hate fighting traffic, don't stay here. You need a rental car to go anywhere, to include grocery shopping. The hotel is very nice, no complaints with hotel itself. The staff, however, is a different story. I'm a Hilton elite traveler, usually very satisfied with what I get in the Hilton name. I asked for a late checkout on my departure day, of noon. Yes, only noon, and was told "nope, can't do it", so I asked to speak to the manager. After a few minutes I got to speak to an obviously very frustrated manager, who promptly and rudely told me no, as well. Normally it wouldn't have bother me, but again, I was only asking to check out at noon, and more importantly she was incredibly rude. Next time at Vegas, I won't even give this hotel a second thought, not staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very good and clean place. "Deuce" bus stop is in front of hotel. So for $8 u can take the bus for 24 hrs to go to other hotels in the stripe. Next to Circus Circus which has a small carnaval inside (your kids will love it since they can win lots of stuff animals quite easily). Staff are nice. Has a recreation room. Very good for $80 to $90 a night.

Here is the part why it did not get a 5. Someone called our room to for some demo of other units in return we get a meal of $100 coupon for 90 min presentation. We were aware of this is probably a timeshare but we had many days in Vegas so we went and see what a timeshare was really about.

The salesman was ok but refused to tell the cost up front regardless how many times I asked. He will not tell me how much is the maintenance fee as well. When the accounting lady showed up, she wanted to give us a package of $70000 with 20% interest rate. Also, you must buy it today and tomo it will not be avialable. I think the people in the room are the only one who will buy a $70000 car without thinking when they are in a car showroom. Basically we were stuck for 3.5 hrs with many differnt offers on the table even we repetable say "no" since the actual cost vs their cost is just way too far apart. For the benefit of the trip, you can stay there but when asked for timeshare appt, just say "NO".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us on your recent visit to Las Vegas. Thanks for the kind words regarding the staff and the cleanliness of the property. I am a little disappointed about your experience with your presentation. I will forward this to our sales managers so they can follow up with their teams. We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your patronage at our resort.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We usually stay at the Venetian Hotel, but this time decided to try the Hilton Grand Vacation down by Circus Circus. We got a 2 bedroom suite with a living room and kitchen. It had 2 full bathrooms and was perfect for us, the baby and our nanny. The rooms are beautiful and huge and I have nothing bad to say about the hotel it self. The location, however is not in the best area. You will need to take a taxi to anywhere on the strip with the exception of Circus Circus and Stratosphere. A taxi isn't a big deal, but be ready for it. We would likely not stay there again because we like being in the heart of the strip at the Venetian, but if you are looking for a nice room for a great price and don't care if you have a casino downstairs and don't care if you have to take a taxi most places, it is a great place to stay, especially with a family.

Room Tip: We were in tower 2 on floor 10 all the way at the end (furthest from the elevator). It was rooms 2...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Just returned and we had a Ball.
Great hotel, very helpful and friendly staff.
We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary with our 2 sons and Thanks HGVC for putting the icing on the cake xx
Great 3 bedroom suite, excellent doormen too

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel does not have a casino, which is why I chose it. However, a few problems. I am a gold status Hilton member, and the first room I to which I was assigned was on the third floor, with a view of a roof and multiple air conditioners. Second room was exactly the same size and layout, but on a higher floor. Room was the small basic room, and I did not get any sort of an upgrade for my elite status. This hotel does not provide breakfast, which is a perk of having elite status in most Hilton hotels. The hotel is located quite a long walk from the "action" on the Las Vegas strip. Bathroom is average sized, and we found a clump of hair at the bath tub drain. Yuck. There is a daily charge for parking in the garage (which is a long walk from the hotel), but wifi access was free for me. Nothing really wrong with this hotel; just nothing particularly special about it either. I probably would not stay here again with all of the other options in Las Vegas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to review our resort. I understand and apologize for you displeasure regarding your Hilton benefits at our property. In lieu of providing upgrades and breakfast, HGV provides additional points upon checkout to our Diamond and Gold guests. Diamond receive 2,000 and Gold receive 1,000 points. I apologize about the cleanliness of the bathroom and will pass this along to our Executive Housekeeper so he can pre-shift to his team the importance of paying attention to details and making sure everything is perfect for our arriving guests. We do appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we appreciate you staying at our resort. Thank you.

Resort Director

Been to Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip? Share your experiences!