“Mixed feelings on my wedding experience” 2 of 5 stars

Artisan Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102   |
Ranked #132 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ithaca
“Mixed feelings on my wedding experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were married at the Artisan in May and being from NY, we had to plan it long distance. When we got there the wedding was Great. We also had our reception dinner there and it was delicious and the service was exceptional. Unfortunately, these positives are eclipsed by the fact that the wait staff did not properly charge us and we were charged twice for our dinner and had to deal with that when we got home. We also did not get our engraved cake knife returned to us after the dinner and they seem to have lost it. But, by far the worst is the fact that we have still not received our photographs. We paid for them in our package, ordered them off the website, contacted the Hotel and do not have them. Be careful when choosing the Artisan for your wedding and make sure they do exactly what they say they will.‎

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello,

My name is Michael Swain. I am the new General Manager of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. We have made many improvements over the past year. Please let me know if you would like to try coming back to the Artisan Hotel again.

Michael Swain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We saw the hotel advertised through Trip Advisor. It offered a special price over the holiday weekend so we took a chance. We only read the earlier reviews after we booked the reservation. Although we would likely not stay there again, would definitely recommend it to the younger crowd who likes to party.

The hotel is hard to find - enter from W. Sahara; go under the freeway and turn right onto Highland (keep eyes open for the turn off) and then turn right again into the Artisan parking lot.

Exterior is attractive and auto court is lushly decorated, despite it's small size-a nice secluded feel. Didn't hear freeway noise.

Valet service is fast and prompt -- very courteous and knowledgeable employees.

Interior lobby and rooms are dimly lit but attractively furnished --- lots of wall hangings and antique-type furniture.

Nice bar (drinks pricey $10 for bourbon and coke). Restaurant onsite but we didn't eat there. All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful.

We stayed for the long 4th of July weekend (3 nights). There was a mix of customers staying there (young, families with small children, etc.).

Pool area is small and oriented to the young and hip generation (20's and early 30's) singles. Didn't feel comfortable going poolside since it felt like a private party for the younger crowd - loud music - they seemed to be having lots of fun. We are 61 y/o active seniors but not hardbodies.

Loud music at the swimming pool until the holiday's Monday evening - it became noticeably quiet.

We stayed in room #305 and could hear the bass beat from the bar throughout the night except it got quiet by Monday morning; it resumed on Tues. morning when we were departing though. With the air conditioner on and the ceiling fan blades turning, the bass sound was manageable for sleeping. It did not drown out our tv sound and we were able to sleep. Our room faced the back of the Trump tower and the Wynn, as well as other Strip hotels. No freeway noise from our room either.

Rooms clean; maid service fine. Rooms are adequately sized; king bed is large and comfortable; linens and towels are clean, white and attractive and so is the bathroom (has exhaust fan, nightlight and blowdryer). A great square shower head - wonderful after a day running around in the LV sunshine.

Combination safe in room, no coffee pot in-room, no refrigerator, has High Def TV (nice!), HBO, no vending machine on floor. No ice machines on the floors - only ice source was the onsite bar and the ice bucket.

Not much walking (good) since compound overall is small. Elevators to get between floors.

Fitness center had bar bells and a walking type machine which exercises arms and legs - not fancy style.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

We got married at the Artisan last Mother's Day and I can't say enough good things about it! I was planning my wedding from 3,000 miles away all from photographs and Maria there was AMAZING! I couldn't have done it without her help. She was always helpful and answered any and all questions I had for her, and I had a lot!

It is a great little boutique hotel off of the strip. Now, we did not stay there, we just had our wedding there in their Garden Chapel. I loved that we were in Las Vegas, but it didn't feel like your typical Las Vegas wedding chapel. This space was beautiful! I am going to include photos so you can see for yourself. Their wedding packages were really reasonable, and quite flexible too, unlike most locations in Las Vegas.

We were able to pay a little extra to bring our own photographer, which was really important to me. Their florist is fantastic and does amazing work. I was able to speak with her beforehand to email photos of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and what I wanted all the other flowers to be. I was able to pay the difference and get flowers for my parents, grandparents and upgrade by bouquet to be exactly as I envisioned. The only thing I was not overly impressed with was our wedding video. We paid $150 extra to get more than a camcorder on a tripod, but I feel it was a bit of a waste of money. The DVD I got was a whopping 9 minutes long and really poor quality. But at the end of the day, I do have a wedding video.

I did not partake, but my wedding guests said the bar there was great (we were busy taking photos after the ceremony). I have absolutely no regrets about getting married at the Artisan and have received a lot of compliments on how great my wedding was and how impressed they were.

The entire hotel photographs beautifully and makes a great wedding backdrop. If photography is important to you and you want something a little different than your typical Vegas chapel, I highly suggest the Artisan.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review of the Aritsan Boutique Hotel. My name is Michael Swain, I am the new General Manager. Please let me know if you would like to come back and have another great experience.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Loved the decor, has a great bar scene. Close to the strip but feels secluded. Great atmosphere and staff. Happening Bar/Club, I wish our our adult children could have been there they would of loved it. Maybe next time.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

my girlfriend and i like to go on what us locals like to call staycations and at first i was not likeing the reviews i had read , but have the advantage of living here i choose to go look for myself and i was imprect so i decided to book a room.

First off the service was outstanding one of the front desk ladys looked like she hated life (but you will find one everyware) as for the rest of the staff was by far the best service i have had in my many staycations, but it was the outstanding the decor made me feel as if we where in a updated version of the 20's and 30's if that makes "cents".

Second off the rooms where cheap in cost and high in value the master suite (real suite not one of those mini junk) which we stayed in is on the 5th floor and was only 320.00 a night which was a wise investment it was large and exquisit. The lounge is on the first floor not the second and is the greatest time i have had in a long it never again will i go to another crowded to where you can baerly move nightclub , the bottle service was only 200.00 and if you know vegas normal bottles at a club is upward of 480.00 and the waitress where so atractive even my (gf) hade to say somthing.

so in turn i would say this is the greatest staycation ever and the term you get what you pay for DOES NOT APPLY because you get so much more its astounding.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Cantwell, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

This place was actually recommended to me by a friend but I am really not sure why. I thought staying off the strip would be ideal since there is no casino in the hotel. But what isn't stated on their website that the club on the second floor goes all night until 8 in the morning with extremely loud music. Our first night we were on the third floor directly over this club. It was unbearable. I called the front desk - they were unresponsive and stated the manager would be in at 8am the next morning. Also the a/c didn't work in our room and it was pretty hot. The bed was broken as well.

The next morning there was no manager. The lady at the front desk was able to switch rooms for us and discount our stay. We stayed on the 4th floor the 2nd night. I could definitely still here the music but it was much better.

This place photographs well with all the art and fancy decor. However, this building was probably once a Motel 6 or at best a La Quinta. The rooms are small. The new finishes are not well done. A lot of attention to detail has been omitted with bad paint job, exposed pipes, crusty faucets. It is probably a good deal for the money as long as you are interested in partying all night at the club.

Parking is all valet and a $11.50 charge is added to your bill for each night of parking. Rather odd and I don't remember seeing this info on their website.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Forest Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

Changed plans at the last minute and needed to find somewhere to sleep in Vegas. Found a great deal for the hotel that's nowhere near the action of the strip, which was fine since we were done gambling.

The good: moody, mysterious ambiance and decor; comfortable king bed; powerful shower; swanky bar and nightclub scene; reasonably priced breakfast in restaurant.

The bad: valet parking; overnight parking fee; loud music from the valet station that kept us from sleeping in our room with the windows shut.

The hotel needs to either provide guests with earplugs or do a better job of soundproofing the rooms near the valet station. I ended up stuffing tissue in my ears and sleeping with a pillow over my head. Even with that issue, the hotel made a very good impression on us. It's amazing what attention to design and nice decor can do. They even had a chapel for those that want a goth-style wedding. I imagine that would be beautiful in candlelight.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Michael Swain

Been to Artisan Hotel? Share your experiences!