“Hotel with style and attitude” 4 of 5 stars

Artisan Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102   |
Ranked #134 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Hotel with style and attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The Artisan has the coolest art ever of ANY HOTEL I have ever been to. The problem with this is "they know it" so they don't really give much else in the way of extras. However thankfully the staff did its best to overcome its snobbiness to be reluctantly accommodating, namely Tara and the lady GM whose Spanish name starts also with a G ... Gimena? Apparently they also boast the hottest after hours in ALL of Las Vegas that rages until 8am so if this is what you are looking for, look no further.
Finally, their topless optional pool is what my personal stay worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments and we do hope you return and give us round two of your review. Our staff really is amazing and thank you for telling everyone about them as we strive to provide the best customer service, I remember your stay and thank you for your kind of comments about Tara; as she is one of our shinning stars. Please let me know when you will return so I can make your future hotel accommodations. Thank you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I wanna tell you what happened in this hotel during my stay in las vegas!when we arrived at the desk, the receptionist charged 300USD more on my credit card!she did a mistake and she weren't albe to solve what she did!so i spended my in las vegas with 300$ less! The second night when we came back in our room, we found a party in the same floor!high music all night long!we couldn t sleep! The day after the maid doesn t cleaned our room and during the last night some guys tried to come inside our room! They were able to open the door cause they had a room key and i don't know how does it's possible!It was a orrible night for me! Afterall the manager was very unpolite!if you wanna book this hotel you have to know that is not allow sleep during the night, and is not allow have a clean towels everyday!

• Stayed October 2012
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. No excuses. We did not meet your expectations with our service and for that I do apologize. With every review good or bad gives us a better understanding of the number one priority, our valued guest. I do apologize for what seemed like a lack of communication and if given the opportunity a chance to provide a true Boutique experience in one of our lavish suites. I truly apologize that you felt as though i was not helpful and impolite.

Again thank you for taking time out of your day and I hope you give us a chance for round two.

Very Respectfully,

LeClaire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My rating is for the hotel and accomodations only. The night club is a separate item that should be rated because it is not what I went there for. I went because I saw the reviews on a travel channel of how artsy and unique it is.

I was aware of the noise when checking in and thankfully they put us on a floor and away from the noise.

The beds were clean, fluffy and comfy when they did clean our room which was 4 out of the 6 nights we stayed. Sad to come back to a room that had beds not made up among other things that are suppose to be done daily.

The safe needed new battery the first day we were there and we had to stay around until it was fixed so I could not store my computer and other items. On top of that the light was out in our roo entry way, which took 4 days before it was replaced.

The phone buttons did not work to call the desk and I had to call from my cell phone until they told me to just dial 0 to reach the desk.

The carpet in Van Gogh room had white paint sploches all over by the beds which was unpleasant looking along with scuffed up walls as if there was a brawl at one time. The floor lamp was broken and did not work and was sitting behind the chair. The bathroom floor was dirty behind the door and the filter for the fan was filthy.

The whole week seemed to be one thing after another so we only came back in the evening when spending the days out and about. It's true you have to take a cab because we tried walking and it's not the best area to walk through. Some cabs took the highway route when they didn't need to and it cost more than the ones that took the shorter route. However, each cab driver was very nice as well as our hotel valet people.

When checking out we were charged with a resort fee of 11.00 a day. I should have charged them for each time I had to call the desk. The desk said that the manager would call me and I never heard back and found the charge on my CCard. I would like to have my 66.00 back to call it even if I could.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello,

My name is Michael Swain. I am the new General Manager of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. We have made many improvements over the past year. Please let me know if you would like to try coming back to the Artisan Hotel again.

Michael Swain
Rossville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

In today's information age, you should always do your homework on any place you plan on staying.. especially in a city like Vegas.

I knew full well before staying here that this wasn't going to be a nice quiet hotel and that a lot would probably be going on while I was here.. and that absolutely was the case.

I arrived in early evening and check in was quick and easy. You have to park in a gravel lot a bit away from the hotel entrance (and across a street), but that wasn't a big deal to me. Check-in was very easy. The lobby of the hotel makes quite an impression! Very interesting and has it's own style. I enjoyed it quite a bit, to be honest. Every room in the hotel is done with art reproductions of a certain artist.. I happened to get the Warhol room, which was cool.. and it had a view of the strip in the distance (not the greatest stuff in-between, but I appreciated it for what it was).

Once the music and party started downstairs, it really didn't stop. I heard the music pumping all night long.. it was very difficult to sleep. I wouldn't have gone to bed as early as I did if I wasn't tired from traveling, but even being exhausted it was difficult to sleep with the thumping bass. When I got up at 7 AM, the bass was still pounding.. it was even super loud in the elevator. When the doors opened to the lobby, people were everywhere, still partying like crazy. I went and got breakfast, and when I got back, everyone was gone and the music was off.

I was treated well by the staff here and I enjoyed the property. I think the music could have been probably not quite as loud carrying into the rooms, but it doesn't affect my overall positive impression of the place. Maybe I'll stay here again when I'm NOT tired and have a big time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello and thank you kindly for your review- I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property for its unique décor and our amazing staff!

I do see you parked across the street on the dirt lot, for the next stay please keep in mind we have complimentary valet parking for our Hotel guest 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

I do apologize for any lack of sleep that our after-hours night club may have caused you.
Please let me know when you’re ready for round two, it will be my pleasure to secure a nice VIP room for you on a slower night Monday- Wednesday without our night club.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how amazingly different the Artisan truly is.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If anything has ruined Vegas its the family and business traveler!
Thankfully The Artisan is a nice throw back to a time when adults went to Vegas to party and forget their suburban doldrums. My wife and I love this hotel, especially the topless pool. We have been to a few of the strip hotel, so many rules it feels like boot camp.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you had a nice time at the Artisan. Please email or call me when you’re ready for round two it will be my pleasure to secure a reservation for you and your wife.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day.

Hope to see you soon!

BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I read the reviews for the Artisan before I booked 3 nights. We were there for a short and fun time. The pro's of the hotel are:
-Unique
-Quirky
-Off the busy strip

We were out partying at night so honestly by the time we got back, sure the bar was bumping, but we stayed up on 5th floor and had no isssue falling asleep or passing out.
The bed was comfortable but the room was a bit hot and stuffy. There is a fan and a window that opens but no a/c.

There is no fridge so be prepared for that.

The only real inconvenience with staying at hotel was that it was at least a $15 cab ride to downtown. It started to add up. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Fifth floor at end of hall seemed to be quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback; this is the best way for us as a Boutique hotel to have the best understanding of our guest needs and request. I do apologize for the a/c issue; I can assure you this has been resolved.

Please give me a shout when you’re ready for round two- I would like to make your reservations and throw in a nice sweetener just for booking direct.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travels know how nice we are.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Unfortunately read the other reviews on TripAdvisor too late. Tried to cancel our booking (realising that this was not the same romantic “boutique” type of hotel we were used to staying in) but we’d missed the cancellation period and would have had to pay for the room anyway. The hotel is very quirky and interesting with regards decor but that’s about the only positive from our point of view. We asked for a room as far away from the 'club' as possible - we were put on the 5th floor OVER the pool/club area & as in the other reviews, the music finally stopped as we were getting up to go the airport. We were awake most of the night but luckily had bought ear plugs! We had 3 sets of room cards, none worked & we had to get a porter to let us in and out. We'd hoped for dinner in the hotel but there were two weddings so the restaurant wasn't open - would have been nice to be told this in advance. We had a very poor experience. Definitely not our kind of place but must be popular to host two weddings the same night.

Room Tip: Don't think there are any 'quiet' rooms. Even the air con is loud.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for staying with us. I am using your review for departmental training and will address each concern and make appropriate changes to our hotel keys.

We take each review good or bad and every issue very serious at Artisan Boutique Hotel.

I thank you again for allowing us to improve our staff and our property. I do hope you have an opportunity to return and I would love to reserve a lavish suite for you if given the opportunity to make it up to you I guarantee you will fall in love with the Artisan all around.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day- I hope to hear from you very soon!

Respectfully,

xkeyes@artisanhotel.com

Been to Artisan Hotel? Share your experiences!