“Some good and some bad.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crestwood Suites Las Vegas Flamingo

You added Crestwood Suites Las Vegas Flamingo to your Saves list
Crestwood Suites Las Vegas Flamingo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2530 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89121 (Formerly Hearthside By Villager)   |
Ranked #100 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver, Canada
“Some good and some bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We needed a place to stay for about a week in Vegas, that has a kitchenette, allows pets, free parking, free wi-fi, and has two queen size beds in one room. This was one of the few that I could find online that fits our budget at about $60/per night for all four of us in one room.

I did read some rather negative or luke-warm reviews about the place, but this one we just had to take a chance on as we had almost zero other options.

The area was great. It seemed like working-class neighbourhood, but still had beautiful mansions on the quiet streets behind the hotel. People walking by and waiting for the bus all seemed very nice. Close to main streets, it was easy to commute to the Strip and other areas of the city we needed to visit. It was close to Target, Food 4 Less, Carl's Jr, McDonald's, Dollar stores etc. All close enough that we could take a walk to with our dog. This is budget travel at the most convenient.

The staff were all very friendly. We got directions, towels, even office supplies from them with no hassle.

Some of the area that needed work: the drainage issue in the sink in the bathroom, bathroom fan, stove burner, carpet, WI-FI, & kitchen utensils. The bathroom sink was terrible to drain. Took forever, until one day I looked down into the drain, and realised there was a 25c coin in the bottom slowing down the water flow. The bathroom had no electric fan. The bathroom was very big and spacious though. One of the stove top burners worked on and off, mostly off. I had read reviews from other members that they had the same issue and took the staff a while to get it fixed, so I didn't bother informing anyone. We learnt that if you poke it with a chopstick, the bad burner maybe rejuvenated. Some of the important kitchen utensils were missing. They provide you with a glass chopping board, but no knife. We had to use a knife we bring with us during hiking to chop up things. There were only two sets of flatware, so bring extras if you are travelling with 2 ppl or more. There was no dishwashing liquid, even though they provide you with a dish cloth. The carpet was in a dark purple colour, so it doesn't show much dirt, but anyone can tell the amount of dirt that's trapped in there. We brought our own slippers so it wasn't a big deal for us. Now the biggest issue: Wi-Fi. It's free, but I would say 80% of the time, I couldn't connect. The first day was great, and the second day nothing was working. I called the front desk, and was informed the issue was affecting the whole complex, and if I really wanted to, they can give me a 1-800 number to call Comcast! By the afternoon, the issue was fixed. However, for the rest of our stay there (the next 5 days), I had a terrible time connecting. My father had a new Windows laptop, and he had much better luck than me. I would say he could connect 60% of the time, whereas my Mac purchased in 2011, I could connect only 20% of the time. One last thing, the hotel provides house cleaning every 7 days during the duration of your stay. So we booked it for the Saturday, which would have been the 3rd out of the 7th day that we were staying. We packed a lot of our items away and took our expensive items with us and left for the day on Saturday. Once we returned, we realised nothing was cleaned. When informing the front desk about the situation, we were told that there was no house-cleaning on weekends. The lady booked us for Saturday at the front desk must made a mistake. We ended up just skipping house-cleaning all together during this trip.

I would stay here again, as I mentioned if we are travelling with our dog (pet fee $10/day, or $50 for the duration of your stay) and needed a kitchenette, this would be a decent place to come back to. We were especially happy with the location of the hotel, but only if you have a vehicle with you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

It is the absolute worst place I have ever stayed at. The carpet was dirty and dingy. The refrigerator was dented in several places and dirty looking. The bathroom floor was sticky. There were stains on the Bed. The internet was a joke! Slow like a turtle, hardly work.

We had booked 4 nights but left after the first night. Avoid this dump at all costs. The other guests looked like lowlifes. Domestic violence going on outside our room.

If you smart , don`t come to this motel. Spend your money somewhere else !

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Sheets and pillows were dirty, smelly, sheets still have some ones hair on them, we had to take the old dirty sheets and pillows to the front desk and exchanged for maybe (?) fresher ones.
Just a worst hotel experience
The walls were paper thin and we could hear doors banging and a man on the telephone for HOURS. I heard every word of his conversation on left side!
The walls are thin both sides and you can hear the next room on right getting it on
The carpet had stains, the bathroom tile moldy - it was DISGUSTING!! Suspect that we had a "pet" room as we have a small dog, but really, couldn't the urine stains have been cleaned for the exorbitant price of a pet fee for one night ?
On top of all that they write free high speed internet but this it 0.38 Mbps only and you can’t really USE IT.

Room Tip: Take anothe hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Avoid at all costs. My room was filthy and had a broken toilet seat. Hallways smelled terrible, like vomit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Room was filthy, with hair on the floor in the bathroom and an un-vacuumed carpet. I would recommend a Motel 6 because you get what you pay for there. This place isn't worth the amount I spent.
After the cleaning it was very disgusting. We ending up staying one night.Who ever gave this hotel the rating most not get out much. Stay some where else. We will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

It is a very nice hotel. I was expecting to pay a lot of money for a hotel in Las Vegas. But I found this in tripadvisor. Rooms are clean and spacious. I like it because is large and has a little kitchen if you prefer to cook to save money.
Is not very close to the casinos, but there is a bus that takes you every 15 minutes and get there in less than 10 minutes. There are a lot of good restaurants around and the hotel. And the neighborhood seems safe, important aspect for many of the cheap hostel/motel in this city.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I go to this hotel after reading the ad. in tripadvisor.

The Place was clean and comfortable. Had plenty of room in the suite for 4 adults.

This hotel was in a great location and was very well maintained. The staff was very friendly as well. The room was big with a new beds, very nice decor and a full kitchenette. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: the 1st floor good for everybody.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Crestwood Suites Las Vegas Flamingo? Share your experiences!