“Look Elsewhere.” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Look Elsewhere.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Book anywhere but here. In order to get to the hotel desk or your room you have to walk through a nasty, low ceilinged, dated, and smoke filled casino. The entire hotel has a depressing feel. The room we stayed in was on the first floor with a view of air conditioners and the side of a building. The ceilings were low and the room was small making us feel like we were in a basement. The bathroom was likewise small. There was a small bar area that would have been put to better use to enlarge the room. My daughter and her husband booked (for the same weekend) a beautifully appointed suite at the Paris Hotel with two large rooms, two large bathrooms, a large foyer area with a bar... for $20 less than our room at the Best Western Casino Royale. There is absolutely no comparison between the Paris Hotel and Best Western. You can book a much nicer hotel on the strip at a much better price. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is too close to the Strip and you can hear the street noise all night long, especially on a weekend. The rooms are a bit small and the ceilings are very low. I would call it a motel. The front-desk service was excellent though.

Akron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This a is a pretty much no-frills hotel (maybe even a motel by some standards). We loved it. Free K-cups and internet (I did all of my surfing for work with absolutely no problems) Mini fridge was a great addition too. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. You are not staying at the Wynn when you book here, so do not be expecting as much. Shower was good too, nice pressure. Parking was a dream, but leaving or pulling into the lot (at the Denny's sign) was hit or miss because people would run in front of the car as I was pulling out (annoying). I would and will stay here again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Recently stayed at the BW Casino Royale. Rooms were reasonably priced, clean, and modern. The location is excellent as it is close to the all the action the strip has to offer. If you are looking for a no frills hotel with easy check in and check out, this hotel is for you. The staff at the front desk were all very helpful. The casino is small, but there are plenty of other casinos for you to walk to if you want. If you are looking to lounge around the pool area, this might not be the place for you as the pool area is very small by Las Vegas standards. It is convenient that there is a McDonalds right beside the hotel for those morning coffees or a Denny's right next door if you prefer. It's also very close to a Starbucks and a Walgreens for all your personal needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Trafford, Pennsylvania, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

First off if you are looking for a Vegas trip Hotel you do not want to stat at the Casino Royale Best Western Hotel. Attempting to find the hotel parking area is a F-, you will drive past without seeing the tiny little sign! Check in is a joke with the front desk located off to the side, then finding the entrance to the guest rooms one has to push past racks of t-shirts with bags in hand, swipe your door card a few times before the door opens. Then when you do find your room you are greeted with a little room with a great view of an alley. At night you can hear all the drunks yelling and stumbling around in the alley next to your room. This is one place I will never stay ever in life.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have frequented this casino very often. Lately, I have given thought to taking my business elsewhere. I have two number one reasons.
First of all, I work hard, and when I go into a casino and want to relax after a long night at work, and want to play low stake penny keno or nickel poker, I want to feel relaxed. I can't do that when there are continually these annoying freeloaders, many with very poor hygiene, some well dressed, harrassing me and other players at the machines. They will sit down next to us, or stand in back of us while we are trying to play, making comments, sometimes acting as if they are pros, which they are not, then after a few minutes try to ask me or someone else if we have a dollar or a few dollars, with the promise to give me or them the winnings if they win(I have been in Vegas too long to know not to fall for this). When I say no, they will stand there or sit there and some will act like I owe this to them. It becomes un-comfortable and annoying, rather than relaxing, like the environment should be.
Secondly, a number reason, is the reason why a lot of businesses in Vegas are hurting and still don't understand why gaming figures are down here. It is because they don't care about their clientele. This is a perfect example. They want business, but yet shoot themselves in the foot everytime. I could go into this place every single night for the next 200 years and would not get any better recognition or treatment than if I went in there for the first time. The one time I had an issue, ie, ordered drinks from a cocktail server and waited well over an hour and never received it(not the first time that had happened), called beverage from my phone, and nobody ever called me back. I could have one of their employees take care of me 100 times in a row and if I walk in the door not feel one ounce of acknowledgement or welcome back. It feels like, "we don't care, if you don't like us, go somewhere else".
Lets look at other areas. Cleanliness is below average, but better than it was. There is a lot of rude and boisterous clientele walking loudly through the area or hanging out during peak periods and they clog up main walking arteries and it is difficult to maneuver. I have rarely met a kind person in this establishment.
Cocktail service(I order non-alcoholic beverages), is in-consistent. There was one who I would give an order to and never see again. There is one who always knows what I like and makes sure I get taken care of when she is in my station. There are some who are nice, and some who are just lackluster in their personable service areas. Some nights I can sit down and see a cocktail server within a matter or minutes, other nights, it will be an hour or two before I see someone, and other nights there is nobody, it is like a wild guess when I walk in what will happen. In that, normally if I am lucky to get a drink, there is generally about a 50% chance that they will ask me if I want another one. Some will walk right by me and I will have to flag them down to get their attention. I would think after all this time, they would be attentive enough to see this regular and say hey, "Would you like a ___ ____ tonight?"
The food options vary. The Denny's is very good. I ate at the Outback Steakhouse on property about two years ago and it was far below Outback Standards. I got a baked potato about the size of my fist, and my steak look like a little dried out turd. I received no bread service, and left very disappointed. Downstairs in the casino they have a $1.99 foot long hot dog outlet. However, if you want a soft drink with it, they charge you another $3.00. There is a Cinnabon, Subway, and Noble Roman's, charging slightly higher than normal prices and an adequate eating area.
If I want a drink at the bar forget it. It seems like typical Vegas, like you have to be someone's friend, or be related to someone to get service there. I could stand there or sit there for two hours and not get serviced. I just gave up on that bar a long time ago. If I am really thirsty and I don't want to play cocktail server roulette, I just suck it up, and drop by and buy myself a soft drink on my way to the machines.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casino Royale? Share your experiences!