“Clean Rooms and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #71 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dallas
“Clean Rooms and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Surprisingly nice rooms in a great location. Free Internet which is not available in many Las Vegas hotels. No pool. coffee maker and refrigerator in room. A good value, but not one of the grand hotels. Best Western affiliation. The casino offers some less expensive games, especially $3.00 craps.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We used to go to Subway at O'Shea's but now that it is no longer there found this Subway in Casino Royale located in back of casino. It has ample seating and pricing is normal for location. There is also a hot dog place and pizza too. This casino is about the same caliber as O'Shea's so nothing fancy. They do have 25 cent Wheel of Fortune that is regular one line which are harder to find. I even won $60 on one up front. I played some 3 card poker at $5 limit and did okay but dealers, all three I had, were "deadpan" personality. They also have ice cream place up front and inexpensive t-shirts. I would not stay here but okay to stop by for sandwich and play a bit since located between Harrah's and Venetian.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SE PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

What a find -- directly across from the Mirage, not even 2 blocks to Walgreen's (needed umbrella, champagne, yogurt, nuts, etc.), not even 1 block to Deuce bus stop on the same side of the street and also directly across the street. Room was a good size, clean, had large safe big enough for computer and large camera bag, refrigerator, coffee maker, large "kitchen counter" area. Would definitely stay here again. Right in the midst of everything. Would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've been to Vegas many times, and have stayed at many of the monstrosities on the Strip. A friend and I needed an affordable place to stay for one extra night after a work convention, and found Casino Royale for $89. For that price, I wasn't sure what to expect.

The casino is "old school" Vegas...low ceilings, lots of mirrors, and smoky. There's a Subway, a pizza place, Cinnabon, and a hot dog place inside the casino, plus $1 margaritas and Michelobs. Can't beat that. The front desk is being renovated so check-in is temporarily at the cashier's cage. A key-secured door leads you to the guest room hallway, and that's where things got interesting, and completely unexpected.

The hallways are clean, bright, and smell fresh. Carpet and wallcoverings look new. And the rooms, although tiny, are really gorgeous. It's apparent that everything is new, from the carpet, paint, mattresses, bedding, granite countertops, Keurig coffeemakers, bathroom tile and fixtures - all brand new. The bed linens and bathroom towels are top notch. The room was very clean and smelled fresh without any overpowering deodorizer. Lots of electrical outlets in convenient places. My only gripe was that the shower water pressure could have been better, but I've yet to stay in a hotel where I wouldn't gripe about that.

They are still making some improvements to the exterior of the building - paint and facade, and the pool was also closed for remodeling. Once all that is done, this is going to be an amazing little hidden gem.

The location is fantastic - right in front of the Venetian and steps from the door to the Harrah's casino. I love that you don't have to walk a mile from the strip just to get to your room.

If you're looking for a good, clean value right on the strip without anything too fancy, this is your place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tooele, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Casino Royale hotel was a little hard to find, but just across the street from the Mirage. You turn into the parking lot on the north side of the Casino Royale on the strip. The hotel is surrounded by taller hotels, so you can't see it from the road. We checked in inside the casino since there is construction starting outside the hotel. But the room was very nice and only $69 plus tax. I was worried from reading that it was a budge hotel, but we found it very comfortable, clean, with a king bed, coffee makings and fridge, and close to our show. We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and that was fine. You don't get a view upstairs anyway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I go to Vegas 3-4 times a yr. & make it a point to stay at the Casino Royale at least once.
I stay at other properties 4 nts., comped, & C.R. 2 nts., comped. Even when I don't stay at C.R. I make it a point to play there. I love the older, smaller casinos cuz machines are looser & C.R. machines most def. are loose!
This yr. I'm staying 3 nts., usual 2 comped & the 3rd I'm using my points (which add up extremely fast), but pts. can only be used at check-out, not when making reservations whether you have enough pts. or not....& I do. I made reserv. 9/16 to stay 10/20-23; $79+tax for the extra nt. My complaint is....they charged my credit card BEFORE I even arrived!!! Who does that? Every hotel I've stayed at charges my credit card at check-out, never before! Now I'll have to wait for them to credit my card! PLUS, I wasn't informed when I made my reserv.!!
This is the only reason I"m giving C.R. 4 stars & won't be staying an extra nt. in the future!
Rooms are clean w/many ammentities, recently remodeled w/comfy beds, nice decor, friendly staff, in between Venetian & Harrah's. Right in the middle of the action!
If you're a smoker, beware, it's a non-smoking hotel + very small pool!
I'll def. be questioning their reservation policy upon my arrival!!

Room Tip: Request room on Venetian side cuz Harrah's pick up garbage & deliveries at 6 a.m.!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
The Prairies
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Older original establishment, nothing fancy. Bit of grungy charm. If you play craps, or want to learn, their $3 dollar tables is the place to do it. I played a lot of craps in Vegas and their dealers are the greatest for a mix of personalities and willingness to help explain the game. Remember to tip them or make a wager for them. My friends said their slots were a great mix of the older kind and very loose. Several waitresses for such a small facility means you will get all the drinks you want without delay. I am already planning my next Vegas trip... just to roll the dice at Casino Royale.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casino Royale? Share your experiences!