“Reservation policy not fair” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #66 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago, Illinois
“Reservation policy not fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I go to Vegas 3-4 times a yr. & make it a point to stay at the Casino Royale at least once.
I stay at other properties 4 nts., comped, & C.R. 2 nts., comped. Even when I don't stay at C.R. I make it a point to play there. I love the older, smaller casinos cuz machines are looser & C.R. machines most def. are loose!
This yr. I'm staying 3 nts., usual 2 comped & the 3rd I'm using my points (which add up extremely fast), but pts. can only be used at check-out, not when making reservations whether you have enough pts. or not....& I do. I made reserv. 9/16 to stay 10/20-23; $79+tax for the extra nt. My complaint is....they charged my credit card BEFORE I even arrived!!! Who does that? Every hotel I've stayed at charges my credit card at check-out, never before! Now I'll have to wait for them to credit my card! PLUS, I wasn't informed when I made my reserv.!!
This is the only reason I"m giving C.R. 4 stars & won't be staying an extra nt. in the future!
Rooms are clean w/many ammentities, recently remodeled w/comfy beds, nice decor, friendly staff, in between Venetian & Harrah's. Right in the middle of the action!
If you're a smoker, beware, it's a non-smoking hotel + very small pool!
I'll def. be questioning their reservation policy upon my arrival!!

Room Tip: Request room on Venetian side cuz Harrah's pick up garbage & deliveries at 6 a.m.!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
The Prairies
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Older original establishment, nothing fancy. Bit of grungy charm. If you play craps, or want to learn, their $3 dollar tables is the place to do it. I played a lot of craps in Vegas and their dealers are the greatest for a mix of personalities and willingness to help explain the game. Remember to tip them or make a wager for them. My friends said their slots were a great mix of the older kind and very loose. Several waitresses for such a small facility means you will get all the drinks you want without delay. I am already planning my next Vegas trip... just to roll the dice at Casino Royale.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Casino Royale in September 2012 with friends. We were traveling on the road, passing through Las Vegas and wanted to stay on the Strip for one night, without spending a lot of money on a room.

The Casino Royal was the perfect pick. It's located right in the middle of the strip next to Harrah's Hotel. The cost was $109, which was less than half of what the other Strip hotels were asking.

The Hotel has no pool or jacuzzi. It has a nice casino with the lowest minimum bets on the Strip. I was playing craps with a min. bet of $3, and all of the other casinos were at $10 min. bet. All of the other table games are the same with lower minimum bets. There is also a food court, subway, ice cream shop, and the Outback Restaurant on the property.

The rooms were excellent. They looked like they just got updated. Well maintained with a flat screen television (only 14 channels, no HD or PPV). There is also a kitchenette, with a medium size refrigerator and coffee maker, but no microwave. There is also a coffee maker and a safe.

The bathroom is a little on the small side, but it's very well maintained.

The bed was very comfortable.

When I checked in I asked if they had WIFI, and was told no. When I got to the room, I decided to check anyway, and found to my surprise that they actually did have free WIFI, with a very strong signal.

Upon check in, they also gave a warning that construction is occurring. I did not hear or have any troubles with the construction, but I was only there for one night.

This is a great hotel if you want to stay cheaply on the Strip with some friends. There is nothing fancy or romantic about this hotel, but they provide a nice, clean room in the middle of the Strip for a great price.

I would stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Casino Royale is one of those old strip hotel/casinos that are still hanging on to the past, but that only adds to its charm. You can get suckered into wasting your time playing with their promotional slot machines with some of the coupons you can get from timeshares or the Club Royale desk, but don't hold your breath as its a jackpot or nothing and won't give you cash back. However, we fared much better on some of their other slots, and made the best of their cheap beer and margaritas; not to mention the $1.99 foot long hot dogs. It was a laid back atmosphere and an older crowd, although it seemed like a college crowd started arriving on Friday night. The waitresses are by often bringing you drinks when you are at the machines and all the staff are very friendly. I'd be leery of staying in the rooms, but not having seen any I can't comment. I think I would not be expecting five star standards though! I'd come back to visit, not for the promos but for the cheap food, drinks and fun slots.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in February 2011 & it was a small room but we weren't too bothered as we only planned on staying for the night. I hadn't been to Las Vegas before then so it was a chance to see the place I've heard about for so long. There are so many people visiting here, it's unbelievable. Visitors can go to the MGM Grand or to Fremont St, which is 1 of the coolest places I've been to. Be sure to bring lots & lots of money because at a place in Las Vegas, unless you have a winning streak, the money will disappear very quickly...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

on our last day in vegas my husband and I went here because we had an offer for $50 in free play. We could only play on the promotional machines and couldn't cash out unless we hit the bonus of $5,000 or $1,000. My husband won $2,959.00 on one spin but we couldnt cash out because it wasnt the $5,000!? So we had to either get it to the $5,000 or gamble it down to $0.00! We were there for 2 hours on this machine in a cycle of getting it down to $269 and then winning $1,500+ after 2 hours of frustration, annoyance, hunger and needing to leave to get to our next destination in Sedona, AZ we had the machine reset to $0 and walked away. We were incredibly upset, every other casino you get free play and win you can cash out. I will NEVER gamble here ever again!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was a little nervous about what I'de booked myself and family into, whilst wandering the casino floor in pursuit of the check in desk. When I did eventually find check in and made my way to the room, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely.

The beds were extremely comfortable with clean and modern linen. A nice little nook for the fridge and coffee machine. The storage space for suitcases was a little small, but the room ambience made up for any little dislikes. Flat screen TV. Location is amazing. Room was very clean.

If I could make one criticism it would be that the pool was closed for the whole duration of my stay, but it wasn't that inviting so I was ok with not being able to swim there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casino Royale? Share your experiences!