“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here with a friend in February 2011 & it was a small room but we weren't too bothered as we only planned on staying for the night. I hadn't been to Las Vegas before then so it was a chance to see the place I've heard about for so long. There are so many people visiting here, it's unbelievable. Visitors can go to the MGM Grand or to Fremont St, which is 1 of the coolest places I've been to. Be sure to bring lots & lots of money because at a place in Las Vegas, unless you have a winning streak, the money will disappear very quickly...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

on our last day in vegas my husband and I went here because we had an offer for $50 in free play. We could only play on the promotional machines and couldn't cash out unless we hit the bonus of $5,000 or $1,000. My husband won $2,959.00 on one spin but we couldnt cash out because it wasnt the $5,000!? So we had to either get it to the $5,000 or gamble it down to $0.00! We were there for 2 hours on this machine in a cycle of getting it down to $269 and then winning $1,500+ after 2 hours of frustration, annoyance, hunger and needing to leave to get to our next destination in Sedona, AZ we had the machine reset to $0 and walked away. We were incredibly upset, every other casino you get free play and win you can cash out. I will NEVER gamble here ever again!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was a little nervous about what I'de booked myself and family into, whilst wandering the casino floor in pursuit of the check in desk. When I did eventually find check in and made my way to the room, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely.

The beds were extremely comfortable with clean and modern linen. A nice little nook for the fridge and coffee machine. The storage space for suitcases was a little small, but the room ambience made up for any little dislikes. Flat screen TV. Location is amazing. Room was very clean.

If I could make one criticism it would be that the pool was closed for the whole duration of my stay, but it wasn't that inviting so I was ok with not being able to swim there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My/our usual Spring itinerary is to fly into Las Vegas (LV) Friday afternoon and debauch till Monday morning, then drive out to one of the nearby National Parks, this trip: the Grand Canyon South Rim, stay till Friday, then drive back to LV, and debauch until Sunday, when we fly back home. That means we stay twice in LV on successive weekends. Sometimes, we stay at different hotels on the two weekend bookends, sometimes we stay at the same hotel both weekends. I booked Casino Royale for both weekends this time around since I could not find cheaper accommodations on the strip (come to find out, the first weekend was a big prize fight, the 2nd weekend was Mother's Day which explains the lack of good deals at other hotels).

I've stayed at Casino Royale as well as the Imperial Palace several doors down many times over the years as a back-up when rates for the better surrounding hotels were high due to a big event in town. We never get comped since we are not big gamblers so we do a lot of shopping for hotel prices although we sense that the slots may be slightly less tight than at other hotels. The table games have lower minimums than any other hotel on the strip.

By the way, the action all over LV is tight tight tight even at the off-strip Casinos for the “locals”.

I’ve just explained the Pro(s). Here are the Cons:

1.) No Customer Service. General attitude seems to be that they believe they are doing you the favor
2.) Accommodations barely beats Motel 6
3.) Noisy beyond belief, luckily I sleep sound.
4.) No in-room Internet, you may get lucky and catch a signal from next door’s McDonald’s Wifi
5.) Maid Service was told through the door there was no need, but the room was entered after we left
6.) General clientele seems to be tatooed street thugs who are willing to air their dirty laundry loudly as they stumble down the hallways to their rooms.

I couldn’t recommend this hotel to a friend for fear of being beat up upon their return but it’s a place I am willing to endure to save a few bucks when the other hotels are trying to gouge customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot and Casino as the outside concert area on the other side of Ha...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

When I visit Vegas I'm always looking for a deal on hotel rooms. I've stayed in most of the strip hotels, from New York New York to MGM to Venetian/Palazzo, and I love them all. However, a lot of times you need to save cash to spend on the casino floor, and Casino Royale is the place to do it.

No, its not the the flashiest place for sure. The rooms are fairly standard...maybe on the small side, but everything is extremely clean (and in fact, pretty new). It has a great location, a fridge, and a coffee maker. The rooms aren't anything special, but they aren't bad at all - they have a comfy bed, nice, big flatscreen TV and a table/chairs. The beds are really comfy, and the bathroom, while basic, is clean and functional as well.

Lots of reviews say that they have found it to be expensive here. When I stayed here, Venetian/Palazzo was over $200, Luxor was $180, Excalibur was $160, and good old Casino Royale was $69. For $69 per night this place is a huge value. The casino is fun, and most other places are within easy walking distance (right next door to Harrah's). Also, right between the Palazzo and Venetian is a Walgreens that is within easy walking distance to grab items you need without the inflated Vegas prices.

The tables are cheap, craps tables are rowdy (in a good way) and they allow you to bet up to 100x your odds bet. $1 Michelobs (though I have to say one of the ones I was given in 2010 had a born on date from 1996?!?!?) are awesome.

Really for a great value on the strip in Vegas, this place is awesome. I can't overstate how while many other older strip hotels can be very dirty, this place was spotless.

-PW

Room Tip: Check-in is not until 4 I think, but they will store your bags. I often don't trust people doin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Stratford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in April 2012. After parking our car behind the casino we followed the sign to the front desk which is located at the front of Casino and not really easy to find. You have to dodge slot players and smokers, (the two seem to go hand in hand and Las Vegas still allows smoking in it's casinos, gag), to get to the front desk. After checking in you have another trip through the casino till you find the door to the rooms. The room itself seemed fine other than a silverfish I caught after finding it between our sheets. All in all I would never stay here again. It's back to the Mirage or similar size hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Hello,

My wife and I stayed recently at CR. I am writing this review to pass along an incident which occurred to us in the making of the reservation. We had been to Vegas in fall of 2011 and I had played table games at CR using their players card while staying at a nearby hotel. In December we talked of a spring visit to Vegas so I thought of using any comps I may have earned in the fall. I contacted CR on their 800 number explaining what I wanted to do. The "customer service rep" checked on my previous play supposedly, I might add, and told me that based on that I would qualify for 3 or maybe 4 free nights. He went on to say that I should make the reservation, paying for 1 night and that comps for that period would automatically be applied once March arrived. Fastforward to March and I called back on the 31st to check on the comps and was told they hadn't been applied yet. Obviously now that was huge signal. At that point our reservation was less than a week away. Any flexibility was limited so I decided to wait until checking in to straighten things out. I didn't write down the name of who I spoke with but I'm fairly certain who he was. At checkin we were told we had no free nights and after some arguing I was told to contact a pit boss to see what he could do. I explained to him the whole set of details and he simply said that they made no sense to him and that my play would not qualify for comped nights.......quite a different story than what the phone rep had said. In the end we both received monetary comps we could apply to the reservation; however, I only made the reservation based on what phone rep. told me. In a nutshell, I was blatantly lied to in order for me to commit to a reservation. I get a feeling that this has happened before. Make no mistake, in the future when making reservations I will consider CR but you can BET I will do some documentation. As far as, the phone rep and the pit boss...I would love to see them along the strip selling bottles of water or slapping cards......because we will have another conversation. I am rating in poor because of the blatant lie...otherwise it's a 3 out of 5

Stayed April 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casino Royale? Share your experiences!