“Be careful with reservation personnel” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #72 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Be careful with reservation personnel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Hello,

My wife and I stayed recently at CR. I am writing this review to pass along an incident which occurred to us in the making of the reservation. We had been to Vegas in fall of 2011 and I had played table games at CR using their players card while staying at a nearby hotel. In December we talked of a spring visit to Vegas so I thought of using any comps I may have earned in the fall. I contacted CR on their 800 number explaining what I wanted to do. The "customer service rep" checked on my previous play supposedly, I might add, and told me that based on that I would qualify for 3 or maybe 4 free nights. He went on to say that I should make the reservation, paying for 1 night and that comps for that period would automatically be applied once March arrived. Fastforward to March and I called back on the 31st to check on the comps and was told they hadn't been applied yet. Obviously now that was huge signal. At that point our reservation was less than a week away. Any flexibility was limited so I decided to wait until checking in to straighten things out. I didn't write down the name of who I spoke with but I'm fairly certain who he was. At checkin we were told we had no free nights and after some arguing I was told to contact a pit boss to see what he could do. I explained to him the whole set of details and he simply said that they made no sense to him and that my play would not qualify for comped nights.......quite a different story than what the phone rep had said. In the end we both received monetary comps we could apply to the reservation; however, I only made the reservation based on what phone rep. told me. In a nutshell, I was blatantly lied to in order for me to commit to a reservation. I get a feeling that this has happened before. Make no mistake, in the future when making reservations I will consider CR but you can BET I will do some documentation. As far as, the phone rep and the pit boss...I would love to see them along the strip selling bottles of water or slapping cards......because we will have another conversation. I am rating in poor because of the blatant lie...otherwise it's a 3 out of 5

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We needed a place to stay for a wedding and considered the Imperial Palace. However after reading reviews decided to stay here instead. We were really glad we did after a friend stayed at Imperial Palace and said it was very dirty. The Casino Royale had very nice rooms with coffee and a refrigerator. We choose the lowest price which didn't have a great view but was comfortable and clean. They were even able to put family members down the hall from us even though they registered weeks after we did. They also allowed us to stay in the parking garage until the wedding was over even though we had already checked out that morning. We enjoyed the several food options in the same building as well as the low price bar.

Room Tip: Lower price rooms will have a view of the parking lot but are a good way to save some money.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

This still seems like a Motel 6 but they have upgraded the rooms. You collect your room key in the casino and then have to find the door to the motel/hotel rooms. The rooms have new furniture and they have been modernized but they are not a very good deal compared to other hotels on the strip. I think I paid way to much for what you can get at other hotels. I would suggest you stay at the Luxor for about half the cost of this hotel while getting a much better room and value.

Room Tip: Not possible
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
South Bend, In
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed here for a quick weekend get away, Not bad, not bad at all ! Rooms were priced very reasonable, clean, quite and right in the middle of all the action on the strip. Pool was closed but it was chilly out ( March) , Looked like a nice pool tho kinda small. Finding the hotel front desk was a little difficult , All said il would stay here again.

Room Tip: South side rooms towards the rear were quite
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

With everything on the Vegas Strip seeming to become one giant shopping mall it's nice to have at least one place centrally located on the strip that offers what Vegas is all about....Gambling and Drinking. I've never stayed in the hotel, but, have spent many hours playing at Casino Royale. Their bar offers $1 tourist drink specials to get you in the door. Usually some smallish frozen drink or a 12 oz. domestic beer (Michelob?). But, that's not all the bar/casino offers. It's a great place to play some video poker while tossing back some well priced drinks. You can buy 4 drinks at Casino Royale for less then the price of one drink at other strip casino bars and I'm not talking about the $1 specials. The wait staff are fast & friendly. The bartendars are GREAT. Darrell, one of the bartendars, always seems to be there when the wife and I visit. He is GREAT! Offering fantastic service and great conversation in regard to all the latest sporting events & life in general. He and his fellow staff members really make you feel welcome. Tips seem to be greatly appreciated and are well deserved. Tip well and you will treated like a king at Casino Royale. True, Casino Royale may not be for everyone. There's no marbled atriums, circus acts, giant buffets or volcano....but, all of those things are VERY CLOSE to Casino Royale. Casino Royale sets in the center of the strip near Imperial Palace, Harrah's, Venetian and Ceasar's Palace. It's a great spot to get your Vegas evening started with some drinks and gaming. The casino offers good slot play and pretty good video poker. There are several BJ tables and Craps as well. The folks at the table games always seem to be loud and in a party mood!! It's a great atmosphere that caters to 'normal' folks. There is a 'Tix Tonight' is the casino offering discount show/dining tickets as well as several fast food type restaurants. A Denny's is next door as well. If you can't have a good time at Casino Royale, you probably are a very boring person.

Room Tip: Tip well and often, the staff deserves it and earns it!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed at Casino Royle for a few nights, the location of the hotel was fabulous you don't need a car to get anywhere, perfect location. The hotel rooms were very quiet and harldy heard anything in the hallway. This hotel also has a pool that was very clean. The room we stayed in had a fridge and microwave which was also great. I would strongly recommend this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If you are planning on visiting Vegas check out Casino Royale.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Walton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Location of this casino and hotel are perfect for being in the middle of everything at a discounted price. Rooms are steps from strip. They are clean, neat and front desk is very helpful. The comp system at the casino makes it easy to earn free food. They explain that to you when you sign up for players card. If you like to drink they have specials that are awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in front and you are 30 steps from the strip. If you are driving rooms at back hall...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casino Royale? Share your experiences!