“You get what you pay for - LOCATION is awesome though” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #72 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
U.S.A.
“You get what you pay for - LOCATION is awesome though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

My husband and I compromised - we stayed here for 4 nights and then went to the Venetian for 4 nights. This place actually was exactly what I read and expected. Run of the mill cheap hotel in a SUPERB location. Yes it's used and kind of dirty, but the price cannot be beat. $59-$79 a night. It looks like any room that price nearly anywhere in the U.S. **Warning - YES - there were prostitutes about (by the security door to get in the hotel area) and they are not modest. NOT a family hotel. Staff was courteous, casino small but kept well, room was cleaned as well as could be. NOTE - each time I called for something they were there within minutes (extra pillows, towels, etc.). I even called about our T.V. not working and the guy fixed it within 20 minutes. Our window looked out over their pool - not heated, not clean in December, just an F.Y.I. We could also see the Venetian towering above AND heard that huge BONG BONG each morning, on the hour, from the Venetian's Bell Tower (see the pictures I've included here). So be warned. BUT - this hotel is what I read and I was prepared. Go there with these things in mind and you're good to go. Again, you cannot beat the price or location. Personally, I would probably not stay there again - I'd buck up the extra $40-$50 a night and stay a few doors down at the Flamingo or something.

• Liked — Responsive staff, price
  • Disliked — dirty, worn, prostitutes about
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Elk Grove, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2007

It started out really bad, I had asked for an upper floor smoking. When I enter the bathroom the tub had this black gunk by the drain. I walked into the sleep area to use the phone and the bed was not made, it was stripped of sheets, everything. I called and went back to the main desk. I did not get a smoking room but the room the desk person gave me was very nice! He was sweet, told me I could move to a smoking room the next day but I told him I will stay in the one he gave me, the room was great. If you have to smoke there are areas on the same floor that have a bench and a big ash can. The cocktail waitresses are not as nice as they used to be. I think I saw their supervisor giving one of them hell , she was sweet to me; not a great thing to do right in front of patrons. I wouldn't be happy working there either if that's how she treats staff. The waitresses I have met in the past two years have been really nice - too bad they left Casino Royale. Great place to stay. I felt safe, it is clean and best of all, right in the middle of the strip. I always stay here and I visit Vegas at least twice a year.

• Liked — Location and the price
  • Disliked — No views of anything.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

First of all let me advise if you want luxury and great strip views, breakfast in bed and expensive room service, don't stay here! If you want value, a convenient location on the strip and a clean, comfortable place to stay, book now! I have stayed at the Casino Royale 3 times in the past 2 years. It is not a luxury Vegas resort, but since I only use the room for sleeping and was hardly ever in it, the value and location on the strip are great. Check-in was quick, staff was nice and efficient, and access to the rooms is right around the corner, unlike the mega-hotels where you have to walk 3 miles through the Casino to get to your tower room after check-in. I drove my own car and figured out how to get to the hotel parking lot going the "back way" since it is almost impossible to turn into the hotel property from the strip. The pedestrians never stop to let you in, and if you try to nudge your car into the driveway, irate pedestrians start banging on the car! Gees!! Casino Royale is right in the middle of the strip with Harrah’s on one side and the Venetian on the other. The Mirage is right across the street. Also, the monorail can be accessed very quickly by walking through Harrah’s next door. Very convenient. The room is kept very clean, as was the bathroom. If you are worried about walking on old carpet, wear flip-flops or socks. I even had a phone message waiting from housekeeping one evening when I returned. I had left the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and they wanted me to know that they would clean my room if I just called them. Great housekeeping service. Also an in-room safe that I really liked. I will stay again in 2008. I can stay for 5 nights at the Casino Royale for what it would cost for 1 night at the Bellagio.

• Liked — It's on the strip!
  • Disliked — Small parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

Worth the $ 80 per night that I paid (Fri-Mon).

Good: great location, coldest AC in Vegas, 2 minutes from room to strip, great shower, never felt unsafe, friendly staff at check-in

Bad: paper thin walls, view of a wall, no room service (but takeout from Outback in the hotel), thought room was clean but noticed black marks in the tub that came from my feet after walking thru the room on the carpet, and finally - you're staying at the Casino Royale

Stayed October 2007
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

If you want to get away from all the mega resorts, this is a great place to stay and very affordable. The casino is small compared to the mega resorts but that is what I liked about it. Easy to get around, not overly crowded, and convenient location. Check it out!

• Liked — Large room with very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Prefer towels that are not paper thin.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

This hotel was awful. The carpet was filthy, the sitting chairs were filthy. THe bathroom was the only clean area in the room. It was hard to even locate how to get in and up to the check-in desk after being dropped off by the shuttle car. The hotel stay was given to me...but I would never book this hotel. It is equal to a Motel 6 or less. Don't book this one.

Stayed September 2007
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed at the Casino Royale as part of the Tahiti Village "free trip" promotion, and added a day on our own at the end. The room was immaculate. For the most part this room on the 4th floor was quiet. Air conditioning during 4 days of 100+ temps was very adequate. I would recommend the hotel for anyone wanting an economical place to stay (our extra night was $69). It is right next to Harrah's...and Harrah's buffet is awesome!

(No views in this hotel, all the rooms face other walls or parking lots.)

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Casino Royale? Share your experiences!