“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Claremont Hotel Las Vegas

You added Claremont Hotel Las Vegas to your Saves list
Claremont Hotel Las Vegas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Westwood Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Sahara Westwood Hotel)   |
Ranked #233 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Newfoundland
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel has got to be the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at. If it wasn't for the fact that we arrived so late at night I wouldn't have stayed. The first room we were in was dirty and when I walked in the room, there was a huge cricket on the wall. We left there and got moved to another room. It too was dirty but we didn't see any bugs. The bathroom sink leaked and there was a big puddle in the cupboard under the sink. The drain in the bathtub was rusted, paint on the ceiling in room was peeling, no tv, phone, clock, hair dryer or face clothes provided. All the visible dirt makes for one restless night. I lay in bed trying to figure out how I was getting a shower without my bare feet having to touch the bath tub! I would definitely not recommend and would never return here myself, prefer to stay in the car!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Upon check in we inspected our room amd found it to be unkept. There are no fittes sheets on the beds so we often found ourselves laying on mattress. The shower curtain had a half inch of mildew on like it hadn't been cleaned in months. And when I told the staff rhey handed me a shower curtain and rings and I had to change it myself. Dirty bed linens were piled up in hallway. And to top it off the appliances were lacking as well. No alarm clock to be found, fried. Plugs on the lamp and a tv that made loud popping noises when you watched it.

• Stayed November 2013
Denpasar, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It is the cheapest hotel I can found when I visited Vegas. I have planned to find the lowest price of the hotel for me and 3 others of my friends. So we decided to stay here. We got about US$ 31/night/nett.
I have been change my room one time, bcause the bathtub was clogged, so We had to move to other room which is the bathtub's work good but the room has no TV.
The bedroom just mess, the bed didn't made up well, and i don't think they did vacuum the floor either.
It's kind of far from the far from the strip, but if you have your own vehicle, it doesn't matter. Otherwise you should take a cab to go.

Room Tip: They have 2 double beds room, its good for 4 people
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Anthony, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

So we get into our room, no blankets on the bed..had my husband go down and ask them for some, she tells him some rooms get some some don't!! Are you kidding me! The bottom sheet wasn't even a fitted sheet! They had two flat sheets on top of each other and I had burn holes all in my sheets. Then we are checking our room before we check out and my husband finds a pair of panties on the bed in the corner!!! OMG SKANKVILLE!!! This place was HORRIBLE!! Maybe u should raise ur prices long enuff to get ur place up and running in good condition! The photos of this place are so misleading. You can feel the holes in the floor when u walk down the hall. Wall paper comes off the walls...ugh its just disgusting here! I know I said I just needed a place to sleep in Vegas and that was it but DAMN! There is a certain extent! We stayed out of the hotel room on purpose lol!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked two rooms for myself, daughter and two year grandson. My room: the door would not open with the lamp turning green ( you had to put your shoulder into it like a ram every-time) didn't have one hanger for clothing, the tub and face bowl both stopped up, and dripped, no remote for 80's type tv (called front desk and asked for one (they hung up on me) I asked for king size beds for both rooms got 2 queens size box springs with double tops each room the same. the floor was gritty. My daughter's room had sand on blankets of one bed (no mattress covers on any) ooh and there was a bullet hole in the window. When I bought up the door business to the Saturday morning 10am youngster female member she didn't seem concerned just replied "You want to check out?" Now where would I even had found rooms on a Sat short noticed? This place is worst then the Bates Hotel....."Don't book here!!

Room Tip: Freeway next to this location too much noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant Grove, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Pros-Very friendly staff.
Cons- WIFI only worked in lobby. We were told this had been the case recently and it wasn't going to be fixed while we were there.
-The TV in our room didn't work. We could either get picture or sound but not both at the same time.
-House keeping came by at 8:30 in the morning knocking on ALL the doors. The walls a very thin we could hear them knocking and asking at each door. So even if we had put a Do Not Disturb sign (which we didn't get in the room, but probably could have gotten one from the front desk) we could still hear them asking everyone else.
-Vending machines didn't work well. The one on our floor took my money without counting it and wouldn't return it. Also no ice machine. The front desk did return my money but it also cost 3$ for a bottle of water.
-"Breakfast" consisted of hot water, coffee, poptarts, and oatmeal packets. No bowls, no spoons. The coffee and water was both out when we went down and the lady behind the desk just mildly said "I need to refill it" but made no move to do so.
We will not be staying here ever again. It is not worth the money we paid, which wasn't a lot. Might as well pay a little bit more for one of the lower end hotels on the Strip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

i liked it very much
it was great and near the strip
if you can walk 30 minutes thats a great place to stay at
it was awsome very clean and organized and the staff was very helpful
i highly reccomend staying here

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Claremont Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!