“Pricey but I liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #499 of 3,967 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Mountain Rd
Description: With a vast beer selection and generous portions, Public House, located on Restaurant Row in The Venetian, has all of the makings of a traditional tavern. What makes this contemporary adaptation stand out is the exceptional fare by corporate executive chef, Anthony Meidenbauer, hard-to-find cask beer selections, a certified beer cicerone and, a comfortable, hip atmosphere reminiscent of a Prohibition-era speakeasy that celebrates the classic tavern through the lens of modern design. The latest creation by Block16 Hospitality, the 8,000-square-foot contemporary tavern boasts a crafted a menu of rustic American classics with a new-age spin. The cuisine, “fun spins on refined food,” as described by Meidenbauer, includes selections inspired by beer such as the short rib, braised with Black Butte Porter, Bouchot mussels, made with Hogarten beer, shallots, bacon and crème fraiche, and Welsh rarebit, made with Tenaya Creep IPA. Other specialties include poutine, French fries served with duck confit, cheese curd and gravy, and scallops served with oxtail stew, potato cakes and mushroom jus. The menu features small and large plates, salads and sandwiches, steak frites, shellfish and bar snacks, as well as selections from the “Butcher Block” and “Cheese Shop.” Public House is home to a certified beer cicerone, who along with the skilled bar staff, assists guests with selecting a beer from more than 200 beer selections, including 24 beers on tap and three seasonal cask beer selections from specialty artisanal cask brewers. A climate controlled “wine cube” stores more than just a distinctive wine selection that pairs well with the tavern’s cuisine; it also provides a storage environment for 40 plus aged whiskeys, scotches, bourbons and beers. The cocktail list includes a concentration of classic cocktails, with an emphasis on quality and hand-made mixers and garnishes prepared in house. The ice used for every drink is made from reverse osmosis and carbon filtered water and formed in a perfect square, as not to compete with the delicate flavors of the drinks. The design of Public House, on the whole, reveals different environments through various nooks in the dining room. The lounge, which accommodates up to 60 guests, offers a cool bar scene accentuated by a 40-foot-long bar anchored by a DJ booth.
COLORADO SPRINGS
“Pricey but I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is the Public House in Venetian, we enjoyed our food and drinks. First thing you need to know is that you are asked at stand are you ordering full meal or appetizers, I hadn't even looked at menu but she insisted I give her an answer. Saying you weren't sure is not good enough, you then go into bar/lounge area. We ordered a couple of drinks, read the menu and decided to do appetizers. I ordered the poutine( it was outstanding, one of the best things I ate all trip) and husband ordered Ahi tuna( it was good, nothing out of the ordinary), we then ordered two more drinks. Our server, nice young lady, was very busy, as the lounge area was full, it took a bit to get our check. Check amount was $82 for two appetizers and four drinks, I guess that is normal for Las Vegas, but a little higher than I am use to paying.
I wanted to go someplace a little different, enjoyed it but will watch the price list a bit closer next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Jonesville, North Carolina
“Best Salmon I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Quick trip over to the Public House before catching Rock of Ages. This place was simply fantastic. THE BEST Salmon I have ever had, and then some sort of bacon crusted chocolate cake for desert. Service was extra friendly, VERY clean, yet a bit pricy. Overall, simply amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids
“Waste your money in a slot machine instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This was the most disappointing meal we have ever had in Las Vegas. We paid $120 for one steak, one salad, one asparagus, one french fries and one glass of house wine. Everything was mediocre, but edible. They are known for their selection of beer, Which we tasted during a prior visit and it was good but pricey at $10 per glass. although the restaurant area had many open tables the waiter seemed he couldn't get us out of there fast enough and came to check for our credit card a few times. The manager had recommended the salad highly so that's why we ordered it. But when she came by to ask if we liked it and we told her it was probably the worst tasting salad We ever had, she looked at us like we were dingalings, shrugged her shpulders, and walked away. So dump your money in a slot machine and then go to another restaurant. You'll be happier.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A nice pub if you're at the Luxor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were staying at the Luxor in March 2013 and visited this pub while we were there. It was less than a year old, so everything was nice and new in terms of furnishings.

I had the turkey burger and my husband had the New York Pastrami on Rye. Both were quite good and the balsamic dressing for the salad was surprisingly different and delicious. Basically it is a standard pub with big tvs and an average drinks menu. There was nothing about my experience that made this stand out as something special or different from what you can get in any major city.

Staff was friendly, but service was slow. We had finished our drinks before she even came by to take our food order.

I would go back again, if only because it was convenient and the food was decent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good beer, eh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stopped in on a busy afternoon for lunch and was lucky to find a table by the bar. Wife and I tried a couple of different beer flights. Hers was an IPA, mine a lager. Both featured different beers than what was on the menu. She loved hers, I was disappointed to discover a cider beer on mine, but otherwise good. Server was very nice and knowledgeable about the beer and food. Had a chicken sandwich that was fine, nothing to write home about. I'd advise getting more adventurous on your food selection. I'd go back.

Visited March 2013