“IN A CLASS BY THEMSELVES” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sun City West, Arizona
“IN A CLASS BY THEMSELVES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is one of the finest, most accommodating places I have ever stayed at. They think of everything. The units here are mostly 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units with multiple bathrooms and they have 3 or 4 of the 4 bedroom units. All have kitchens, laundry rooms and at least one jacuzzi tub. My experience with them has always been incredible and if by any chance you notice something wrong, you have to notify the front desk and they will correct the situation immediately. They have two beautiful pools with one of them designated for adults only. They have transportation to and from Harrahs on a regular basis. Only two blocks from Hard Rock Casino and about 4 blocks from the strip. If you are staying more than one night, if you want, you can go shopping and cook your own in the full kitchen. Try this place, I will not stay anywhere else when I go to Vegas.

Room Tip: It has about 16 floors, so I feel the upper level units are quieter. I like being close to the elev...
Green Features: Wyndham will let you participate in reusing your towels if you want to.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here four times know and I love it! Great launching place to see all what Vegas has to offer.

I was disappointed as the room was not as clean as they normally are spotless. I noticed hair in the bathroom and shower upon arrival.

Overall great place to party, relax, or hang with friends!

Room Tip: pick the new tower which stands by itself it its the newest
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Joseph M, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with a hair in the shower. I know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and you did not receive this. Please rest assured I will have our housekeeping staff address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. Thank you for making us aware.
Blgs&RL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Scheduled a "significant" birthday event for my spouse over a 4-day weekend in March 2015. 32 guests (family & friends) gathered together for the event--28 of the guests stayed at the Resort in 11 suites in Tower III. I asked staff after all reservations made to try to locate all rooms in the same tower--and IT HAPPENED. Had a wonderful buffet dinner party for the honoree in the Resort. Wonderful. Activity staff member Tierra was of real help in the planning and execution of the event. All guests were pleased! OUTSTANDING
Wyndham Grand Desert is off the "strip"; thus much quieter neighborhood. It's about 5 blocks; easy walking distance; but Resort has a shuttle to Harrahs running on regular basis. All suites have full kitchens; thus no "full-service" restaurant in the Resort; only a few gambling machines in the main tower--was not a problem for our group .

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED....Would go again

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words and choosing to have your husbands party here. I am so pleased to hear we were able to accommodate your requests. I will sure to share with the team the outstanding service Tierra provided. I love hearing about wonderful stays. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my 4th stay at the Grand Dessert over the last few years. This time it was just the family. Had a 2 bedroom unit in Tower 2 overlooking the pool. Our daughter took great delight in watching the planes fly overhead, as we also had a view of the airport.
After declining the timeshare presentation upon checkin, we were never hassled again. Love the underground parking garage. Easy 1 minute drive to the Strip. The heated family pool is great for kids of all ages.
Our only complaint was the WiFi was terrible. Sure, it was free, but our devices kept losing connection every minute.

Room Tip: Tower 2 has views of the Strip. Tower 1 has views of the mountains
Green Features: Recycling bags were placed in each room and collection bin on every floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Joseph M, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your past stay. I am very sorry to hear that your internet needs were not met. As you know we have many properties which house a large amount of guests and their wireless devices. We are working to improve this feature, however this may take some time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you again for time and business
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for three nights in adjoining rooms 519 (small one bedroom suite) and 521 (deluxe 1 bedroom suite) with our three teenage children. Room 519 had one queen bed and 521 had two queen beds. We then used the sleeper sofa in 521 for the extra bed. If you had pulled out the sleeper in 519, you basically would have had no living room space. Both rooms had the apartment style washer/dryer combo, which made laundry really convenient.

It met our needs perfectly, and we got a really good deal through VRBO for $500 total for both rooms for a Friday-Sunday night stay.

The only reason we did not give it five stars was the major hassle at check-in. We arrived late and were exhausted. The front desk staff were very friendly on check-in. They then sent us over to another desk to get our "welcome package". We had to go there to get our parking pass, but we were not prepared for basically a 30 minute hard sell to attend a "free breakfast" to get free tickets, etc....we just had to sit through a two hour hard sell on time shares the next morning. Despite seeing how exhausted we were, she would not give us our parking pass until we listened to her go on and on about why we should say yes. Finally, we just said no and she gave up.

We were only in town for one weekend, so the last thing we wanted to do was waste 9:00-11:00 the next morning in a sales pitch. Before I knew what we were getting into, I had given the lady our cell number...she tried calling us at least three times the next day before giving up.

Bottom line - great place to stay. I would recommend telling the front desk you just want a parking and bus pass and request to skip the sales pitch at check in to get your stay off to a positive start.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. My apologies for the hassle and i will be sure to bring this up with the sales team. Thank you again for sharing.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

my flight was quite the hassle as frontier airlines lost my baggage (my bags never left the state I reside in) thankfully my bags came the next day but was quite annoying not having anything to wear besides the clothes I traveled in for 24 hours. No bueno Frontier. On to the resort it was well appointed ended up in a three bedroom facing the strip. I will say the only downfall to this resort is that shuttle service stops at 10pm :-( sure you can have Rio shuttle service take you back to the resort until 12 am but seems to early for Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Have cash on hand if you plan to stay on the strip past 12am to take a taxi otherwise they charge a...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you, for sharing your first trip to Las Vegas.. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay ( once you arrived). Hopefully the shuttle was still useful even though its not as much of a late owl. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been an owner for almost 8 years and this is the BEST resort to visit. From the great people to the view and the area. You are close to the strip and there is a free shuttle to take you where you need to go in the strip area. The room was spacious and the resort had plenty of activities for my entire family. The staff was friendly and very accommodating with our requests. Everyone seemed to love their jobs and had been with the company for a while, which says a lot. I really enjoyed my vacation and can't wait to go back. They have also just opened a new Wyndham resort closer to the strip, but I love this location and would return:)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing those wonderful comments about the team and the resort. Its a pleasure to hear that our guest are able to see the joy our associates have working here. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Wyndham Grand Desert? Share your experiences!