“The property is fantastic, pity about the pushy Timeshare” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Sale - 20% Off
Ranked #29 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cairns, Australia
“The property is fantastic, pity about the pushy Timeshare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rented a 2 bed off an owner and the room and it's amenities were absolutely first rate. Full kitchen and large bedrooms made for an easy stay for 2 couples. Just a short drive or walk from the Strip so very convenient as well. The security staff were always polite and friendly as were the first lot of checkin staff. Onsite free parking was also a great benifit.
The problem with this place started with having to register at member checkin. We were offered an incentive to view a "presentation". I quite strongly advised that I was in no way interested in a Timeshare presentation and was informed it was just a "Showcase of benefits" available to guests. Discount show tickets and restaurant vouchers etc was how it was sold to us. No more than 90 minutes guaranteed!!! Should have listened to my inner voice as it was a very pushy high pressure Timeshare sales pitch where No was the unacceptable answer. It also went for around 3.5 hours and despite complaining to Wyndam Supervisors I am sure the same scam continues now.
Great accomodations and staff but do not believe the lies told about the "Showcase" I spoke with a number of other guests there who had been sold the same line of BS as us and were also suitably cheesed off.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some helpful information for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the unit accommodations and free parking. We apologize for any negative experience regarding presentations on-site and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a deluxe 1-bedroom unit for a week in November 2013. The hotel is beautiful, clean, well maintained, and the staff very friendly. Check in is a bit slow. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, utensils, and pots and pans as well as starter dish washing liquid and hand wash dish detergent. We also received two packets of laundry detergent to get us started. We did not have maid service but washed the towels ourselves. We do not own here and refused to go on the time share tour. We would not hesitate to stay here each time we visit Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Very close to the Las Vegas strip. A large percentage of the rooms face the airport but that was no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hi Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the fully stocked units and resort accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.
Mcewen Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Wyndham Grand Desert was great just from the start. We arrived a little early for check in but the bell man checked our bags and the staff arranged us transportation to a nearby restaurant for lunch. When we returned our room was ready and luggage delivered. There is a free shuttle to the the Vegas strip. that runs about every 30 mins. until midnight, If you stay past that it's a short walk or taxi. We even got a ride back on another shuttle service one night. The resort is just the right distance from the Strip. There is a small shop that has drinks snacks, some wine. and a snack bar that has Burgers, Pizza. The staff can arrange a shuttle trip to the Grocery store that has every thing you might need. Show tickets and tours are available. Pool area is nice and always clean. The rooms have a view of the pool area or as ours had the strip, which was great after dark. We found it very relaxing to return to our room after a day/night out.

Room Tip: Ask what the will be from the room as some face the airport. as always the higher up the less the st...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback along with some great tips for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the pool area and unit view at night. We look forward to your next visit.
hk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The resort is very nice, and good securities, Nice size 2 bed room suite, got kitchen area and all you need for the kitchen. Fridge, micro wave, toaster, mixer, etc. Free wifi, good hot running water in washroom as well as kitchen. 2 toilet, 1 for master bedroom and other for second bedroom. Living room and dinning room. Got swimming pool and small market and canteen.

This resort better if you got a car, although there are shuttle bus, but its only run every half hour. Sometimes, they can't even pickup all the passengers, and you need to wait for another half hour. That is the only drawback, other than that , everything else is perfect.

Room Tip: Try get a higher floor for a good view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback along with some transportation information for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the unit amenities and resort accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I will NEVER EVER return here again!! They were not helpful with anything!! Each time I called, I was asked if I was an owner, and when I said no, I was then told that they could not help me. I actually had 3 other girls with me, 2 had just bought time shares, not from here. They were not impressed. I would never upgrade my points to the Wyndham. The condo was ok, nothing to rave about. It wasn't too far from the strip either. We did have to pay a cleaning fee of $85.00 dollars upon check out which I have never had to do and never will again. I was looking to upgrade to a 2 bedroom and for another $85.00 dollars they would upgrade me. I only had 1 night left. All the other time shares I have stayed at, have never charged me to upgrade along with the addition $85.00 dollar cleaning fee. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Renee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding your experience. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations. We know that while on vacation it is important to be treated well. We also apologize for any inconvenience regarding the additional cleaning fee. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that customer service at our resort is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here for the week of my Halloween BDay. I had a very very nice stay here.....Any of my criticism is more of a know this before you come (cuz some people are super Diva high maintenance when they travel)...since I'm not a travel Diva I had a nice stay here.

Things I liked:
-Very clean facilitates and rooms
-Quiet days and nights :)..
-Small condo feel (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, huge jetted tube. nice kitchen (fully rocked with utensils, glasses, cups, plates, bowls, wine opener), living room, my room also had a sleeper sofa, 2 flat screen tv's, washer and dryer)
-Helpful staff...Meghan at the front desk for check in was so nice..she gave us a bottle of Chardonnay and chocolate for our BDay and ; Devin with Membership Services was awesome and so nice too.
-Shuttle service to Harrah's was nice to be drop off in the middle of the strip
-Got to sign up for grocery shopping of $4 each person through the activities department (left daily at 8:30 am-9:30 am) but you must sign up with the Activities Department the day before.....got to get my big bottles of wine and a few snacks!
-About 5-7 minutes to the strip (driving)
-close to Ellis Island Hotel and Casino for cheap food and beer ($2 20oz beers, $8.99 steak dinner and $13.99 full rack of ribs) sooooooo yummy....AND Ellis had a shuttle that would come to get you from the resort and take you back (just have to get back on the Ellis shuttle before 10pm)....drivers were very helpful about all things Vegas
-Huge resort with at least 3 or 4 big pool and hot tubes.....but it was too cold for me to get anywhere near water outside LOL. But it looked so nice and clean.
-The Resort had a Halloween festival and a few things for families to do.
-Not smokey like the normal Las Vegas places you stay
-Washer and dryer was a plus (small unit but a plus)..I took advantage of this to have clean clothes to bring back home and not the normal big bag of dirty clothes.
-They have several activity opportunities for folks to sign up for (front desk will give a schedule at check in)
-Check out was simple....(check out is by 10 am)

Things I didn't like: (these are not drastic issues but things to think about to make your stay better)
-Shuttle service from Strip ends around 10 pm during the week; unless you catch the shuttle that goes to Harrah's an Rio, then Wyndham a bit later......wish it stayed later :)
-No shuttle service too and from airport....you have to take a taxi if you don't have a car
-Lots of Resort timeshare traffic in the morning and afternoon at the resort...but that's to be expected
-Sometimes the shuttle may be full (due to resort timeshare pitch sale traffic or if it's one of the last shuttles coming from the Strip at night)...so take the next one or a taxi
-I saw like a bar type area in Tower II but I don't think there is a major restaurant on site. So if you eat somewhere..do ahead AND bring a doggy bag...put it in the fridge and microwave it later if you need a mid night back or do the grocery shopping
-Las Vegas tap water taste yucko but it doable
-Vending machine is a bit pricy for a soda or bottled water
-This is a resort, not a hotel casino....so there will be not casino games and slots here people....
-Call the front desk for some services.....housekeeping doesn't come clean the room every day, so if you want that for a few times during your stay, you need to call housekeeping to see what they can do........or just stop being lazy and make your own bed people! Ask for clean towels if you need em OR use the washer and dryer :)
-Check out at 10 am :( (oh well, so keep this in mind for your return flight home).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our services and will share them with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the resort location and amenities. We also appreciate your suggestions as we are always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have stayed at this resort twice. Both times have been great and the location is close to everything on the strip. You can walk to Planet Hollywood on the strip of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino just off the strip. The gym is very clean and stocked for any workout you might want to do. The pool area is great and the room are spacious.. will definitely be back again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed the property location, gym, and pool area. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Wyndham Grand Desert? Share your experiences!