“Loved it here” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Loved it here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The 0nly reason I didn't give it the best rating was the shower pressure. It was very low in both units. Also I thought we had no coffee filters for coffee the first morning. When I called down they were quick to bring more. Surprise!! They're in the coffee caraffe.

10 of us got there to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday. 7, 21 year olds. Originally had 10 of us in a 2 bedroom because no 3 was available. What was I thinking. Finally 2 days before I rethought this & booked an additional 1 bedroom. It was great. The 7 girls were down the hall. Since these were all broke college girls, I did alot of cooking. The 2 bedroom had full size appliances, but even cooking in the 1 bedroom with the smaller appliances was fine. I picked up groceries before we got to the hotel. When we got there, the 1 bedroom was ready so the bell staff was very helpful taking everyones luggage & groceries to the room. The staff is Very helpful.

The shuttle to Harrahs is great. Every 20 min. It's about 4 blocks to the right to the Hard Rock Hotel. Also there is a CVS across from there that I visited often for additional groceries. Also if you turn left out of the hotel & walk about 4 blocks you get to the convention entrance to MGM. Walk thru the covention center & hotel & you're on the strip.

I would definately come back here. For anyone with a family, this is the place to be.
Also, when we left they called for the Wyndham limo to take us to the airport. It is complimentary. They do recommend you tip the driver what it would cost by taxi. $20 was what they recommended. Very nice ride.

Room Tip: Tower 2 has the lobby. We stayed in tower 3. It was fine. Shuttle stops at all 3 towers.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,049 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is my second time staying at this facility...I like it because it is not far from the strip and the staff is warm and friendly...the shuttle is available as stated...clean clean clean...a full kitchen with granite and washer and dryer In the room

Room Tip: Loved being on the 15th fl...very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Exactly what we were looking for! ?

Maybe not. After checking in, we remembered that this is basically a VRBO with all the self service you can provide. The desk clerk will get you your keys and your wifi info.
The fun starts when you get directed towards the other desk for all your "freebies". Cash, free shows, discounts, and a free breakfast are offered if you just check off a box here that says you agree to sit through a time-share presentation.
To their credit, they gave up soon after I made it clear that we were not interested in the gifts nor the undoubtedly very interesting presentation.
The room was left completely dismantled by the cleaning staff. We had to spend the first hour putting dishes and utensils away, rebuilding the stovetop, putting cushions in their rightful place on the sofa, etc.
Once set up, it was quite nice.

A brisk walk in an easterly direction will get you to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, the grand UNLV campus and farther yet, The Whisky Attic (a must for Whisky lovers).

Go west and you end up on The Strip at the Harley Davidson restaurant (not recommended for the grub) or Planet Hollywood. Check out the Hitzville Revue at PH if you love that Holland/Dozier/Holland sound of Motown.

Walk North if Ellis Island is what you're seeking. We were strongly advised to avoid the food there especially when excellent restaurants are plentiful nearby (see Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock and many others).

Breakfast for two is available for about $15.00 within the complex. You can have stroll through the interior courtyard or go for a swim. It was a bit chilly when we were there so the yard was deserted.

Not sure if we'd stay here again. Not everyone there found it as quiet and peaceful as we did. But then again, maybe they got all the "free" stuff.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I rented the two bedroom two bath room through a private owner. The price was right, the accommodations where awesome. This was for three old girlfriends who had not seen one another in 5 yrs. We went to a nearby grocery and did not leave the property for three days. We even baked cookies in the full kitchen. We plan to do this every year in the same location. It was clean and comfortable and had everything you needed and the service was excellent!

• Stayed October 2012
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

have stayed at the grand dessert many times and have always loved it.staff is always polite and friendly and the rooms are great with a washer and dryer in every room so one doesn't have to pack a great deal of clothes.

Room Tip: rooms facing the steet are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lake Forest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert twice in as many years, both times for 3 nights booked through a 3rd party booking engine. The first time I stayed, we were in the main building which overlooks the courtyard and two large pools. We had a great time and found the condo spacious and well-appointed. The layout was nice, and included a large, nice bathroom and jacuzzi tub. The second time I was expecting a similar experience, but things were very different. We were put over in another building, which was not adjacent to the main complex. There was very little service over there, with no concierge or anyone around to help with problems. There was a smaller pool adjacent, which actually received more sun in the afternoon, but was not nearly as nice as the pool at the other side. Finally, the worst thing was that the condo this time was not as nice. The layout was weird, with a ton of the space taken up by a hallway and closet, the kitchen was tiny, and the bathroom was old. There was just a regular bathtub, no jacuzzi. It did still have a comfortable king bed and tv in each room, but that is about it. Since we are a family of 4, there was barely enough room in the living room for us to move around. As soon as we checked in and saw the room we called and pratically begged to be switched to another condo. I was even willing to pay more to upgrade if that was possible. We were told there was nothing they would do, that we were stuck with this room for the weekend. Of course, we were past the window for refund with our booking agent as well. The bottom line is be VERY careful that you understand exactly what you are getting when booking this property. I will definitely not consider this same property in the future, when I can get a guaranteed newer nicer condo at another property for the same price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the second Wyndham I've stayed in (my parents are Gold Members) and I love the rooms. I feel like I'm staying in a luxury apartment when we stay. It's great having the full kitchen so you can save some money by not having to eat out for every meal. I only stayed for a couple nights, but my parents were there for a week and housekeeping never came, which was a slight bummer. The hotel is off the strip which I preferred because it is much quieter. There is a shuttle to the strip or a short walk-just beware the sidewalks are narrow with lightposts and newspaper boxes in the way of walking!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Grand Desert? Share your experiences!