I have to say that if this was my first time at Westgate Flamingo Bay, there would have not been a second time around. Don't get me wrong, the property is really nice and the condos are good for a family. When we were coming back to Las Vegas for a soccer tournament for the second time, there was no question that we wanted to stay here as last year's stay was great. This time around though, the sales tactics totally turned us off. We had been up all night because our flight left very early in the morning and we decided to take an early afternoon siesta so that our family could take in the evening on the strip. 15 minutes into a dead sleep, the phone rings and it is Pam trying to get me to come down for a "welcome package". I explained that we had been up all night and were resting and that I would come down later to get it. Just as we were falling back to sleep, there is a loud knocking on our door. I was in my pyjamas so did not answer and figured that she would go away. No can do, 10 minutes later another series of loud knocking. Guess I was done sleeping. I went down later and had to listen to her stilted sales pitch but would not commit to going to one of their "parties". Next morning, I am again woken up by her asking if I would be able to participate in one of their sessions. By this time, I was fuming. Later that day, we made lunch only to find that our kitchen had been infested with little tiny ants! Guest Services responded quickly and sprayed along the edges of the counter and the floor. Done? Not! We then noticed that they were coming out of one of the outlets in the kitchen and so called back Guest Services. They were very nice and tried. We returned to the unit late that night only to find that our girls' bathroom also was crawling with ants. They wouldn't sleep in their bedroom so we displaced ourselves out of our King room so that they could get to bed. To top it off, we were told that they didn't have any other units that they could move us to that night and that maintenance had gone home and they wouldn't be able to do anything. Aargh! This, on top of finding out when we got there that the pool was closed even though we had specifically called to ensure that it would be open. Once we were moved, there were no additional problems and the stay was reminiscant of last year. If only the whole stay had been like that. I might have considered actually going to one of their sessions.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Flamingo Bay At Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Westgate Flamingo Bay At Las Vegas Hotel
- Westgate Flamingo Bay
- Westgate Flamingo Bay Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Flamingo Bay resort, only two and a half miles east of the Las Vegas "Strip" provides all the comforts of a fully furnished home, within minutes of tourist attractions and restaurants. Westgate Flamingo Bay is a family friendly non-smoking property, with heated pool and/or whirlpools. Enjoy the tropical style complex that features one and two bedroom villas for your comfort and luxury. Accommodations are equipped with full kitchen, whirlpool tub, living room and fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Westgate Flamingo Bay at Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.