“The Middle of No Where!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #118 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mesa, Arizona
“The Middle of No Where!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel itself was as to be expected. Clean and tidy, comfortable rooms with a friendly and accommodating staff. The same breakfast as all the other Holiday Express locations I stay at, but this I like. I know what to expect, no surprises ... Unless there is an Air Force base DIRECTLY across the street, and they are practicing night take offs and landings. LOUD is not the word. I couldn't hear myself think. Location - like I said across the street from an Air Force base, and I believe they put those in the middle of nowhere for a reason. There is NOTHING around this hotel except for the air base and the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. There were two police officers at the hotel when I arrived. I asked them if they knew anyplace around to get a good burger at. They responded "not here, there's nothing around this part of town. I had to do some work when I got in the room, but the "High" speed internet was anything but. It brought back memories from 20 years ago of watching the page download from the top down - SLOWER THAN DIAL UP. And my television was set up on dealer mode or something, every few minutes it had pop up displays of the features the tv had. Like I care if it has all these different inputs or sound features. The spa is the FIRST thing you can see when you walk in, or sit down to eat breakfast, and I do mean see. the lobby and breakfast area walls are GLASS so you can actually see the spa. Kind of strange.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
craigmmoore, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive response to the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of the staff. In regards to the Air Force Base this is not a typical issue. These are called touch and go's and do occur only twice a year. As far as food reccomendations our front desk staff does have a list of dining reccomendations and would have been more than happy to assist you. In the future we look forward to being better able to assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Taipei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

During CES 2013 I stayed at this location. This is my 4th trip to Las Vegas but I have never been to North Las Vegas before. I expected the hotel to be closer than it is. The hotel is quiet and away from all the Vegas activities. You can truly get some rest after a hectic show day. Their room, bed, pillow, bath conditions are as usual, clean, tidy, comfortable and just as I like it. I love the complimentary breakfast. It's not a feast but they have all you need to get your day started. There's a whirlpool or spa and a small swimming pool. I took my time relaxing my legs in the spa after few laps swim. I was surprised with a Air Force Show during our stay. Even though the jets flied by closely, I barely heard the jet noise.
Due to the distance to the strip, I don't recommend this hotel for anyone looking for Las Vegas action. However it is a good option if you are someone like me who like it quiet and calm after a day of work.
Note: I drove from the hotel to Circus Circus (about 15 minutes drive). Left my car in the free parking and took the free CES bus to the convention center. This is to save the $20 / day parking fee.

Room Tip: It's about 15 minutes drive to the strip.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CES is one of the bigger conventions that Las Vegas hosts. I am surprised and greatful you chose our establishment and that you were able to relax. We want all of our guests to feel as you have. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Like all Holiday Inn Hotels, this hotels has all the same good quality as all Holiday Inn Hotels. ...
This time I went with my family and we had a very relaxing good night sleep. Thank you for the good service from all of the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am very glad to hear you had an enjoyable restful stay with us. I will share with the rest of the staff your comments. And we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Northern NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Holiday Inn is very basic, with a small pool (I did not use), friendly and helpful staff, decent sized rooms with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms (sink inside bath area), and coffeebar in room. The breakfast offered limited choices with hot items not as hot as they should have been.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. As you walk in the lobby what you are seeing is our in-door Jacuzzi, the pool is just past that, which is much larger. I will also look into the breakfast item temperatures, and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Sandy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The room we stayed in was clean and the beds were comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast was nice but the first morning the bananas out were over ripe and the second morning there wasn't any fruit. The breakfast needs fruit for those that are not big egg/sausage/gravy eaters this made the difference between a 3 and 5 rating. Another disappointment was the pool was quite chilly and did not have sun on it for the majority of the day hours. Could have dealt with no sun if the pool was warmer.The lobby smelled like an ash tray even though I did not see anyone smoking in the lobby or that they allowed smoking in the lobby but that is what it smelled like. I like that it is off the strip but a reasonable drive to it if you want to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We thank you for your feedback and I want to apologize for the conditions of the fruit. We typically have an array of fruit from bananas to oranges and apple, which are at the front desk everyday. So I am not sure how we dropped the ball on this one, but we hope to have the opportunity to make things better next time. Once again I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you and your family in the future.
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was a halfway point btw SanDiego and the Grand Canyon - we arrived at 1am, after a 7hr TGIF night drive. It was very comfortable and seems consistent with our recent Holiday Inn Express experiences. This chain has earned a recent reputation for basic comfort and predictability.

The front desk was friendly with a little gift ready. The room looked and smelled clean, no smoking coverups and was very tasteful. We enjoyed a good night's sleep with many pillows for our weary bodies...ready for hiking the next day.

The free breakfast was also typical - eggs, sausage, a variety of breads, yogurts, cereals and aromatic fresh coffee. It had the classic pancake machine as well. The staff was very pleasant and helpful at 7am. Very predictable - which is comforting on road trips.

We met a man in the elevator who said that it was a really good place as long as you didn't have to walk the neighborhood. Judging by the landscape in the morning and location - he might have a point. It mostly services the military base and the road weary.

We didn't use the pool, business center or gym - but they looked inviting.

It has my vote for a drive through. We were ready for the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
On behalf of myself and the staff, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad that we were able to meet your expectations and hopefully in the future if you are passing through our town you wil think of us.
Newberry, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the room, bed, and bathroom were sparkling clean. There were only two things that could have been improved on. First, all hotels should have automatic doors to make getting into the hotel with roll aboards and this one did not. Second, checking out should be made easier by having the bill complete and slid under the room door and not making me have to wait at the desk for someone to close out the bill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for your positive feedback, we really appreciate your response. I would like to apologize for you not receiving the bill under your door, because that is the normal process. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to make your stay perfect next time. Once again I appreciate the feedback and I hope to see you again the next time you’re in Las Vegas.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis? Share your experiences!